Refund

• Thread starter Mateusz90
  • 28 comments
Let us know your outcome. I mite put a request in myself. Even if the answer is no it still lets them know that we are not happy with the product and maybe just maybe they will see loads of people putting requests in and actually realise these bad practises will not be accepted by there customers.

To be fair, if you can't play the game you invested 60-70 quid on when the consultant calls you and they can't offer a resolution time then it's a poor show if they fail to refund

Last edited:
I've received an email :

"Thank you for contacting the PlayStation Customer Center about Gran Turismo 7. We are sorry to hear that you are experiencing difficulties. We submit the matter to the administration. We will contact you soon."

I applied to PSN for refund last night and after multiple back and forth emails they suggested I try new hdd in both ps4 and ps5 :P Told em to go take a flying one anyway :P so yeah I got told no refund also :irked:

I applied to PSN for refund last night and after multiple back and forth emails they suggested I try new hdd in both ps4 and ps5 :P Told em to go take a flying one anyway :P so yeah I got told no refund also :irked:

Galling when you get some scripted tech response like that isn;t it. Shows how some of them are totally oblvious to whats going on. You'd imagine they communicate these issues around support staff or have some kind of knowledge base/current know issues database, so they can respond accordingly/appropriately and they don;t look totally clueless/unprofessional, particularly for a company like Sony. Just p1sses already annoyed customers off further.

Last edited:
Here's the last email I got before I was blunt with them ..

Hi Ron,

Thank you for contacting PlayStation Support.
Apologies for this situation.

Our refund policy states that all troubleshooting steps need to be exhausted before a refund can
be considered as the game is downloaded to identify that the game is faulty.

I am sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with the game. From what you've told us, I think that you'll be able to fix the problem by following the steps below:

1. Please check that the game is updated to the latest version. You can do this by highlighting each game on the Content Launcher and pressing Options > Check for Update.

2. Make sure you are using the latest version of system software. You can check this by selecting Settings > System Software Update.

3. If you continue to have issues, then you will need to rebuild your database. Rebuilding your database helps clean up the data on your PlayStation device as it reorganises the storage. To rebuild your database start with the console off > press and hold the power button until you hear two beeps > select option 5 - Rebuild Database.

4. If you're still having issues, you will need to reinstall your console. Initialising your PlayStation device will delete all data. Before you do this, please back up your data using a USB or PS Plus Online Storage. You can find instructions on how to reinstall your console on our website: https://www.playstation.com/support/hardware/reinstall-playstation-system-software-safe-mode/.

5. After reinstalling, please:

a) Reinstall the game. Please ensure you re-download using a wired connection.

b) relaunch the game before reinstalling any game saves. It may be that the saved data has become corrupted, which is why the game crashed.

6. If you own a PS4 and have replaced the hard disc drive (HDD), please reinstall the original (if you still have it) and try again.

Should you keep experiencing the issue after following these troubleshooting steps, please let us know if this affects one or multiple games so we can inform you of the next steps.

I hope this helps, but if you have any other questions, please contact PlayStation Support, and one of our team will be happy to help.

Thanks,

The PlayStation Support Team

Hi Ron,

Our refund policy states that all troubleshooting steps need to be exhausted before a refund can

I am sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with the game. From what you've told us, I think that you'll be able to fix the problem by following the steps below:

1. Please check that the game is updated to the latest version. You can do this by highlighting each game on the Content Launcher and pressing Options > Check for Update.

2. Make sure you are using the latest version of system software. You can check this by selecting Settings > System Software Update.

3. If you continue to have issues, then you will need to rebuild your database. Rebuilding your database helps clean up the data on your PlayStation device as it reorganises the storage. To rebuild your database start with the console off > press and hold the power button until you hear two beeps > select option 5 - Rebuild Database.

4. If you're still having issues, you will need to reinstall your console. Initialising your PlayStation device will delete all data. Before you do this, please back up your data using a USB or PS Plus Online Storage. You can find instructions on how to reinstall your console on our website: https://www.playstation.com/support/hardware/reinstall-playstation-system-software-safe-mode/.

b) relaunch the game before reinstalling any game saves. It may be that the saved data has become corrupted, which is why the game crashed.

6. If you own a PS4 and have replaced the hard disc drive (HDD), please reinstall the original (if you still have it) and try again.

Should you keep experiencing the issue after following these troubleshooting steps, please let us know if this affects one or multiple games so we can inform you of the next steps.

I hope this helps, but if you have any other questions, please contact PlayStation Support, and one of our team will be happy to help.

Thanks,

Easy, just go online and update the game then :lol:

Hi Ron,

Thanks,

Utterly ridiculous. Basically trying to make it as arduous as possible so you'll just disappear or can just keep saying 'can't help until you've followed our advice'.

Google search would show them it's not an individual issue here.

Hi Ron,

Thanks,

Just a copy and paste. Wouldn't surprise me if its an automated response that comes through after a certain amount of time since your initial point of contact.

Sony are scum bags full stop. Have you seen the state of Scam Turismo? My best guess would be that this is something to do with Sony why the game is in such a bad state. At this point I don't even care about the game and I am just curious as to see how it turns out 😂
Why hasnet sony ruined any other of their games ? other then the one with a out of touch fool named Kaz is not in charge.

Its all PDs two decades worth of dumb decisions and deluded i know best attitude from the clown at the top.

Hi Ron,

Thanks,

“This is the problem I’ve done all these steps and it’s caused the issue devs broke the game”

“This is the problem I’ve done all these steps and it’s caused the issue devs broke the game”
If Sony behaves like they have in the past they wont give a refund. I had a game pre-ordered that someone else bought ordered a hard copy before it was released for me for a gift and I had to fight Sony tooth and nail to get the preorder cancelled and refunded. They told me it was past 14 days from the pre order date.

And they did the same with D2 when it was having dev issues. They refused any refunds.

Good luck to those wanting one I hope you get it

Sony won't refund you because they legally don't have to. It's as simple as that.

Computer games get special dispensation for "protection from piracy" (read: a business even bigger than the movie industry, and the elites must be allowed to make their money). If you want refunds and the same protection as ALL other remote sales, you need to get this law changed.

Lol @ this thread 🤣
All the time you can actually play the game & I've got a hole in my backside no one will ever get a refund! 🤣

Back