Relaxed, General FH3 Chat

• Thread starter RacerPaul
  • 8,220 comments
Oh, nice!! I didn't think that was possible. Will look tomorrow (or Friday maybe).
Use the buyout filter to find the price you want and just snag the first hit you get before someone snipes you.

Hey there guys. Yesterday I bought a XoneS and Forza Horizon 3. I'm enjoying the game very much but I have just one quick question. How do I put custom music in game? I heard it is possible but I can't understand how to do it.

Thanks! :gtpflag:

EDIT: I've found the right thread, uploading to OneDrive.

Last edited:
Overall guys, do you think it's worth me buying a new X Box One console for Forza Horizon 3? I have heard a lot about the incredible graphics. I am normally a Gran Turismo fan. Should I get a XB1 for FH3? I am really double minded!
I was in the same boat as you and got tired of waiting for a game that doesn't even really meet my personal interests (GT Sport).

Got my Xbox One S about 6 weeks ago and haven't looked back since. Between Forza Horizon 3, Forza Motorsport 6 and SSX on backwards compatibility I've been having a fantastic time.

It's a decent enough console with the best games for racing game fans. Simply put.

Overall guys, do you think it's worth me buying a new X Box One console for Forza Horizon 3? I have heard a lot about the incredible graphics. I am normally a Gran Turismo fan. Should I get a XB1 for FH3? I am really double minded!

I'd say only if you buy FM6 too.

I jumped in the GTP club. I think I may have stepped on a few toes with yesterday's rampage through the rivals.

I jumped in the GTP club. I think I may have stepped on a few toes with yesterday's rampage through the rivals.
I saw a bunch of new rivals challenges yesterday. Is your gamertag different than your screen name?

I don't think this is a console wars issue... at this point in time it's hard to beat the value of a $299 Xbox One S with the current crop of software available. For the racer, FH3 and FM6 are excellent games!
If at some point GT is released and is a quality game, a PS4 may be in order for some. It's not either/or in my opinion - it's all about "software"!

I don't think this is a console wars issue... at this point in time it's hard to beat the value of a $299 Xbox One S with the current crop of software available. For the racer, FH3 and FM6 are excellent games!
If at some point GT is released and is a quality game, a PS4 may be in order for some. It's not either/or in my opinion - it's all about "software"!
In addition to the Forza titles, DiRT Rally and F1 2016 are both good racing games that you should check out. There's plenty of good racing action waiting for you if you get an Xbox One :)

In addition to the Forza titles, DiRT Rally and F1 2016 are both good racing games that you should check out. There's plenty of good racing action waiting for you if you get an Xbox One :)

Indeed.

Although, I'd give the same advice to @MCFerocious as I did to my sister last week, who is also in the market for an Xbox One: you might as well wait for Black Friday specials. It's almost guaranteed there will be some sort of price cut that weekend on systems.

The main reason I'm sticking to my original PS4 and XB1 is my TV is now the limiting factor of my setup. I'd rather just wait for another year to get the TV, since the 4K prices will continue to go down, and I'll be able to get a better bead on whether either of the mid-gen upgraded systems are worth the price of admission.

I am perfectly happy to keep playing my Xbox One until Scorpio is released. I'm not as worried about absolute screen resolution as some. I'm already blown away by how good games look on my current Xbox.

I'm far more interested in HDR than 4K, but unfortunately, you can't have one without the other. :(

I'm keeping my XB1 too until I build my PC come generation's end, which might be sooner rather than later.

I find the graphics on the standard Xbox One satisfactory but I plan on upgrading to the Scorpio. With such a massive performance difference (1.31 TF vs 6TF), I can't imagine games being well optimised for the current console even at 1080p.

I just hope it is reasonably priced (Ideally below £499; £599 is my cut-off point.)

Now, since we have a Kouki S14 Anyway; I hope someone recreates the livery from the Silvia LM Edition that was in Gran Turismo 1.
silvia_lm_by_lew_gtr-d468nxn.jpg

Well, that or the Xanavi S14 GT300 car.
2305962243_a0dbf60022.jpg

I was talking of platform specific games for the poster asking if an XOne was worth the cost. I have most every racing game/sim there is on the PC, including both of the titles you mentioned above. For my XOne, I only have the FM and FH titles (but play FH3 on my PC).
Also, mentioning the XOne "S" wasn't to imply that the regular XOne was inferior. But, the HDR and 4K is nice for those that can take advantage, making it a very good value when used for more than gaming.

I haven't done a Silvia LM paint, but I have done the Pulsar VZR N1 race mod livery on the Kouki.

Either I'm crazy or there's an auction house fee. Every time I collect my credits from a sale or a bid I've placed, I receive them with a small subtraction. I can't make out an exact factor, but I've lost about 100,000 Cr recently when I collected back a 2 million bid so it does add up. It's not documented anywhere I've seen and doesn't make much sense since it's neither a real auction house nor real money, so it's a silly design choice or a bug?

A quick tip for y'all. Make sure that you're not close to being able the level up a festival when doing head to heads. I was doing one on Sunday and right in the middle of the race I gained enough XP to upgrade a festival site. The girl who runs Horizon (I don't know her name) calls me, the game backs out to the map to set a route to a festival site, but I wasn't able to set a route because I was in a race (I couldn't back out of the map either). So I had to quit the game and start it up again.

I asked in the wheelspin thread but didn't get an answer. Did Horizon Edition cars get removed from wheelspins since the last update? None showed up in three spins yesterday.

I asked in the wheelspin thread but didn't get an answer. Did Horizon Edition cars get removed from wheelspins since the last update? None showed up in three spins yesterday.

I don't think so. I won a Horizon Edition car a few days ago. Sometimes, it doesn't show up as the best prize for that wheelspin but it still had a slot it for it.

Back