Relaxed, General FH3 Chat

• Thread starter RacerPaul
  • 8,220 comments
Just wondering, since I'm new to "clubs" - is there a way to check club stats when I'm not connected to my Xbox One? Yesterday I was just ahead of @Populuxe Cowboy in weekly XP and wouldn't mind seeing where I ended up.

I don't know what was up with the AI on the West mountain Run street race because for about 5 attempts in my R8, one car kept roaring off into the distance on Highly Skilled difficulty (and it had to be a Drivatar in my own crew too, in the same car, which didn't help matters.)

I had to go up to the Huayra BC before I could get a win out of that race.

Are there new horizon editions cars out? I haven't seen the raptor.

Edit - nvm. Jumped on and saw that it was part of the forzathon.

Last edited:
I don't know what was up with the AI on the West mountain Run street race because for about 5 attempts in my R8, one car kept roaring off into the distance on Highly Skilled difficulty (and it had to be a Drivatar in my own crew too, in the same car, which didn't help matters.)

I had to go up to the Huayra BC before I could get a win out of that race.
Is that the high speed one with the 90 degree right immediately at the bottom of the hill? That one annoyed me so badly that I made a Meyers Manx setup just for that.

Is there a way to get inside the cars in photomode?

See below:

A while back I came across a bug that causes cars to continue moving when opening pohotmode in replay mode.

I was playing around with the bug and made a nice shot. But then I wanted to test if the car hitbox would go through the camera or if it would move it to the side. It didn't move it to the side so then I thought maybe when the replay finishes I could make the car go into the camera (Since the cars stopped at the finish line when the replay finished).

So now onto how to do it:

1) Turn on rewind

2) Choose a vehicle and spot you want to take the photo in.

3) Wait around near the spot and then drive into the spot.

4) Rewind all the way to give you time to setup the camera into where the car will drive into it.

5) Open up the replay and leave the Right Trigger pressed and click A on the photomode option

6) Move your camera to spot where the car will drive in and then you will be inside the car

Video Version

Proof
GetPhoto.ashx

GetPhoto.ashx

Finally found all 488 roads. Last one was a bit tricky as expected. It was an off road route to further upper left of the map, nearing the pink lakes.

Has anyone been gifted their Forza RC series cars yet? I signed up through the website and have participated every week but haven't gotten any of the cars yet, I really want the Ford GT they were giving out in week 1

I guess I'll have to buy the Warthog off the AH if I really want it; completely forgot about last week's FRC race. Of course it'd be for the one car I don't already have.

I don't understand why T10/PG can't just come out and say "the cars will be delivered xxxx." I mean, how hard is it, really? Don't they have community managers specifically for things like this? Or are we really supposed to think they are just winging and will get to things like this when they feel good and ready?

I am so happy right now! I just discovered (through a Bucket List challege) that my favorite classical song is in Horizon 3!

Symphony No. 9 by Antonìn Dvořák, Movement no. 4, Allegro con fuoco.

I prefer his predecessor more, Bedrich Smetna, but I do like Dvorak's Slavonic Dances. My only real complaint about this radio station is these should be more music (some Bach please?).

No, it does however feature some familiar composers from FH2, like Brahams, Tchaikovsky, and Mussorgsky, but the musical pieces are not the same ones that were featured in FH2.
Are there any songs recycled from FH2? I thought I had heard one from that game, but I could be mistaken.

Are there any songs recycled from FH2? I thought I had heard one from that game, but I could be mistaken.

Here are both lists, I don't think I saw a duplicate but I might have missed one, notice that FH3's list is much smaller.

FH2:

"Lohengrin - Prelude” - Richard Wagner
  • “Overture, The Marriage of Figaro” by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
  • “Symphony No. 41, Allegro Vivace” by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
  • “Symphony No. 8 in G major, Allegro con brio” by Antonin Dvorak
  • “Concerto for 4 Violins, I. Allegro” by Antonio Vivaldi
  • “Flute Concerto in F Major” by Antonio Vivaldi
  • “Symphony No. 9, Andante Allegro” by Franz Schubert
  • “Carmen Suite No. 1: V. Les Toreadors” by Georges Bizet
  • “Overture, La Cenerentola” by Gioachino Antonio Rossini
  • “Overture, The Barber of Seville” by Gioachino Antonio Rossini
  • “Symphony No. 2, Finale, Allegro con spirito” by Johannes Brahms
  • “The Flower Duet (Lakme)” by Leo Delibes
  • “Pictures At An Exhibition - The Great Gate Of Kiev” by Modest Petrovich Mussorgsky
  • “Ride of the Valkyries” by Richard Wagner
  • “Symphony No. 35, Finale (Presto)” by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
  • “William Tell Overture” by Gioachino Antonio Rossini
  • “L'Estate, Summer, Le Quattro Stagioni” by Antonio Vivaldi
  • “Symphony No. 3 in E flat major, Allegro con brio” by Ludwig van Beethoven
  • “Symphony No. 5 in C minor, Allegro presto” by Ludwig van Beethoven
  • “1812 Overture” by Pyotr Illich Tchaikovsky

FH3:

Strauss - Also sprach Zarathustra, Op. 30
Strauss - An der schönen blauen Donau
Brahms - Hungarian Dance No. 5 in G minor
Mozart - Allegro
Beethoven - Allegro con brio
Dvorak - Allegro con fuoco
Mussorgsky - St. John’s Night on Bald Mountain
Tchaikovsky - Waltz of the Flowers
Verdi - Dies ierae
Grieg - Morgenstemning (Morning Mood)
Beethoven - Presto – Allegro assai
Kazuma Jinnouchi - The Trials

Nah it's pretry accurate. ~2 weeks was about as long as I was interested playing it for.

There's lots of cars but stuff all to do outside of the races.

I preferred Test Drive Unlimited/The Crew's hidden car method, every car (barnfind) had multiple wrecks you needed to find to make a complete car; as opposed to FH where you find one and that's it.

As varied as the terrain, scenery and cars are there's little incentive to actually explore (the signs really are not very exciting).

Plus in FH3 once you find one barnfind the rest come like a river, rather quickly.

Barnfinds being multiple parts/wrecks, more stunt jumps, more exciting things to really reward exploration (aside from boring signs) would be good.

Even signs that unlocked new vinyl shapes to use would be good.

This is all imo of course.

We've got a 30% discount coming up in the autoshow at the end of the month, correct? I'm grinding away, trying to save up the money to buy all the expensive classics. At 30% off, 24 million credits will get me all four of the 10 million cars. I've got 14.5 million right now. I'm going to shoot for a full 40 million by the end of the month. Then I should be able to buy everything on my shopping list.

He's not wrong though. It feels to me like Forza Horizon 3 is designed to be a 50 hour game. There is nothing wrong with that of course, those 50 hours will result in many wonderful and exciting experiences and for the average consumer 50 hours could easily be 1-3 months of play.

Those of us who play these games to a more hardcore level however will go far beyond this 50 hour mark and since we've exhausted all of the unique experiences the game has to offer, it will naturally wear you down with repetition.

I got 100% in about 100 hours. Take away the time I spent painting or messing about in Online Adventure and it would probably end up near that 50 mark. I only play the game now whenever there's some #Forzathon challenges to do or I feel like joining one of the Turn 10 staff in their livestream lobby. The only reason I'm on this forum is because it's fun to check in every so often and see what people are up to (that and I'm a "forum addict" when it comes to game series I care about :) ).

The "post-game" doesn't have the same draw to me that a Motorsport title would, that same desire to improve my skills or challenge myself against better drivers just isn't there. That's not necessarily a major problem however, it's just the way it is with a game that feels like it was designed to give you a specific experience.

So yeah, the article is fine and not quite as melodramatic as the title makes it out to be. The writer looks to have had his fill of the game's unique experiences and there's not enough in it for him to keep coming back.

I've played nearly 190 hours and completed approx. 70% of the game. While I've had a fantastic time with and is my GoTY (along with DiRT Rally), I can sort of relate to the Jalopnik article now that I haven't played in almost a week. I definitely agree with the racing part as well, which frankly isn't that remarkable but rather passable.

I'm holding off until the Blizzard expansion. That's going to be glorious. Can't wait!

I can certainly see how someone can get bored of the game rather quick considering it's completely open. You kind of need to put some effort into creating personal goals and challenges if you want it to have a long shelf life.

We've got a 30% discount coming up in the autoshow at the end of the month, correct? I'm grinding away, trying to save up the money to buy all the expensive classics. At 30% off, 24 million credits will get me all four of the 10 million cars. I've got 14.5 million right now. I'm going to shoot for a full 40 million by the end of the month. Then I should be able to buy everything on my shopping list.

Thanksgiving weekend.

BLACK FRIDAY BLOWOUT - 11/25/16 – 11/28/16 “Don’t miss out on these amazing deals!”

WHILE THEY LAST – Complete any event to receive 80,000 CR

SPEND MONEY, MAKE MONEY – Spend over 200,000 CR to win 3 wheelspins

INSTANT REBATE – Win 1 Auction to receive 50,000 CR

DOORBUSTERS! - 30% off everything in the Autoshow!

I have 22 million saved up after going on a HE spree last night. :lol:

I have close to 4 million earned from wheelspins and am basically waiting on the Group 3 HE cars to launch since they are out there and in the game.

I might look for bargains elsewhere in the AH since I'm still looking for a Rocket Bunny RC-F.

Back