Relaxed, General FH3 Chat

• Thread starter RacerPaul
  • 8,220 comments
I desperately need the "Alfa Corse" livery for the Alfa Milano. I hope somebody will make it :D

f079c3a574498ef8ca83623d1792ee39.jpg

Anyone else had this glitch where the rim colour on a given car bugs out?

forzahorizon304.11.20xysas.png

On my BRZ HE, I did something that somehow applied this sort of two-tone pattern to many wheels. I initially noticed it when i wanted to use one of the HRE rims with the gold face and polished lip. The gold area turned into this dark gunmetal-ish grey. Turns out most wheels look like this, now: Dark grey face, polished / base colour lip. And I can't seem to change it, as this the "manufacturer colour" now.

It doesn't even look bad on some wheels. It's just weird.

A quick tip for y'all. Make sure that you're not close to being able the level up a festival when doing head to heads. I was doing one on Sunday and right in the middle of the race I gained enough XP to upgrade a festival site. The girl who runs Horizon (I don't know her name) calls me, the game backs out to the map to set a route to a festival site, but I wasn't able to set a route because I was in a race (I couldn't back out of the map either). So I had to quit the game and start it up again.
There's no need to do that. It happened to me a couple times. When Keira asks you to select a site to level up, set a route there, and then you can back out of it. You'll go back to your race and you can go level up your site afterwards.

Anyone else had this glitch where the rim colour on a given car bugs out?

forzahorizon304.11.20xysas.png

On my BRZ HE, I did something that somehow applied this sort of two-tone pattern to many wheels. I initially noticed it when i wanted to use one of the HRE rims with the gold face and polished lip. The gold area turned into this dark gunmetal-ish grey. Turns out most wheels look like this, now: Dark grey face, polished / base colour lip. And I can't seem to change it, as this the "manufacturer colour" now.

It doesn't even look bad on some wheels. It's just weird.
There's a few cars in the game that when you paint the car, the color you painted it will be matched to the center piece of almost any rims. It's been happening on past games as well. Does your BRZ happen to have that gunmetal paint over the body, but you have a white vinyl over the car?

You can get this very same effect on the 1979 Chevy Camaro z28. Go buy one, put a white vinyl over it(not necessary, but makes it easily noticeable) and then go paint the whole car in whatever color, and you'll notice the center piece of the rim changing. It works with every color option, and is a very nifty glitch. If you paint it before you go into customization, then all the rims will show up with the same paint scheme on the wheel as well.

It makes you wonder, if they can do this by accident and let you change the face of a rim without bothering the actual lip color, then why can't they just implement it purposely?

Get an Xbox One, Forza Mortorsports 6 and Horizon 3. You won't go back to GT, I can guarantee it. GT fan myself (ex-fan) since GT1. It was hard for me to detach, but there are just too many car games out there that offer a lot more than GT. Forza is one of them.
He will be disappointed with FFB and physics though. I still love FM6 and FH3 but GT's FFB is miles ahead of them.

He will be disappointed with FFB and physics though. I still love FM6 and FH3 but GT's FFB is miles ahead of them.

The FFB sure, but if he doesn't like FM6's physics compared to GT6, that's more of a preference issue than anything to do with realism.

That said, AC shaded them both in terms of wheel FFB. Still sad I had to let go of it. :(

I don't play Forza with a wheel as I'm aware how much it sucks. And to be honest, GT's wheel physics aren't that good either; clutch doesn't even work properly.

Whenever I want a physics experience, I play Assetto Corsa.

For content and pure car passion, that's were Forza is superior to the rest.

I don't play Forza with a wheel as I'm aware how much it sucks. And to be honest, GT's wheel physics aren't that good either; clutch doesn't even work properly.

Whenever I want a physics experience, I play Assetto Corsa.

For content and pure car passion, that's were Forza is superior to the rest.

Atleast GT feels better then Forza to be honest. Its not great, but atleast the FFB doesn't feel like jello.

I agree that GT's physics aren't great either, that's why I play Asseto Corsa. However, they need to address the grip level on the cars in Forza 6. I have driven two cars that are in FM6 at the limit (one is just the same chassis but overall the same feeling) and I can tell you that the grip that they get in real life on a track is much much more than what is represented in the game. Overall though, FM6 and FH3 are some of the best racing games that I have every played though.

. Does your BRZ happen to have that gunmetal paint over the body, but you have a white vinyl over the car?
Nope, which is why it's so confusing to me. The original paint job it came with supposedly had a similar grey to it, as indicated by the colour icon - but it's primarily prismatic black. That's about it, though :confused:

That is true. At least it's playable.

I mean atleast its not the best, but you have an idea of what the weight is like its not like Assetto Corsa, or rFactor, but its playable, while Forza, i just exited and unplugged my wheel.

Nope, which is why it's so confusing to me. The original paint job it came with supposedly had a similar grey to it, as indicated by the colour icon - but it's primarily prismatic black. That's about it, though :confused:
Ah, ok. Although I have heard that the HE edition of that car has a similar glitch that I mentioned with the Camaro z28. As for the color to rim issue, those rims in particular tend to be a bit brighter than usual when painting them, I notice, so that could be it.

I won't comment on FM6's FFB since it': been a long time since I last played it, but in Horizon 3's case, it was definitely improved in the one of the recent updates. The cars feel better on tarmac now compared to the first couple of weeks of the game.

It makes you wonder, if they can do this by accident and let you change the face of a rim without bothering the actual lip color, then why can't they just implement it purposely?

Yeah I've never understood why something as simple as changing the color/"material" of the wheel rim and spokes separately has not been implemented yet (not to mention of course changing the offset of the wheels!)

Is there any way to obtain the Gurkha yet? There's a slot for it at the auction house, and apparently it can spawn as an NPC.

Is there any way to obtain the Gurkha yet? There's a slot for it at the auction house, and apparently it can spawn as an NPC.
No, it's the same as it was for the current HE lineup. We were able to see the new HE cars during free roam/AH filters, but were unable to obtain them. Same goes for the Gurkha.

Just a matter of T10 unlocking it for the players.

Was able to win one game of flag rush then decided to buy a raptor horizon edition because I know I cant win infected with many people in a game. I have another raptor available on the auction house if anyone wants one.

Stumbled upon another glitch while I was trying to climb up the mountain.

Only use for it that I could think of is for photos since it has a black background.

Back