Relaxed, General FH3 Chat

• Thread starter RacerPaul
  • 8,220 comments
Meanwhile today was my first day playing the game and I'm bloody stunned. They even have a Vauxhall Astra VXR in the game! That's my current real life car and it's awesome to see in game.

So is there anything upcoming I should keep an eye out for? This is my first time playing a Horizon game, first time even owning an Xbox, so any heads up would be appreciated.

Meanwhile today was my first day playing the game and I'm bloody stunned. They even have a Vauxhall Astra VXR in the game! That's my current real life car and it's awesome to see in game.

So is there anything upcoming I should keep an eye out for? This is my first time playing a Horizon game, first time even owning an Xbox, so any heads up would be appreciated.

Every weekend they have a Forzathon competition where you can win various prizes for completing objectives. It should unlock once you unlock all the other community features.

Also, sign up for the FRC competition, you can win a unicorn/horizon edition car just for participating each week.

This game and its bizarre moments. :lol:

KowV4nc.png

3AwuuZT.png

SwnE5o1.png

I recently found the game at a good price and picked it up, but it's only just now I'm noticing that the Motorsports Allstars content is not showing up in my game. I do see the two monthly car packs and their associated cars. So why would the motorsports DLC be hidden when the rest isn't? I should mention that I haven't purchased any of the DLC for this title.

I recently found the game at a good price and picked it up, but it's only just now I'm noticing that the Motorsports Allstars content is not showing up in my game. I do see the two monthly car packs and their associated cars. So why would the motorsports DLC be hidden when the rest isn't? I should mention that I haven't purchased any of the DLC for this title.
Which version did you get? Standard or Ultimate? I believe it only came with Deluxe (digital only) or Ultimate. EDIT: I'm assuming you got it on disc since you said you only just picked it up.

Does anyone have any tips on how to not suck at doing cross-country races? Seems like no matter what I do I can't get better than 12th. :mad:

Does anyone have any tips on how to not suck at doing cross-country races? Seems like no matter what I do I can't get better than 12th. :mad:
I found those to be quite difficult too. After memorizing the path (because of how many times I restarted) it became easier.

You do some amazing liveries man!
:)

I haven't done many but I've always been an advocate of quality over quantity. I doubt I'll be making any new paints however as I'm pretty much done with the game in general, but you never know...

Which version did you get? Standard or Ultimate? I believe it only came with Deluxe (digital only) or Ultimate. EDIT: I'm assuming you got it on disc since you said you only just picked it up.

Standard physical copy. As I said, I have not purchased any DLC but I can see the Smoking Tires, Alpinestars, and VIP cars in the game, as I should, except Motorsport All-stars. The latter is available from the Xbox Store, but the cars are somehow hidden when I browse the Autoshow and the pack is not listed on the in-game marketplace. Perhaps Motorsport All-stars is only visible in-game for players who own the pack?

Last edited:
Be prepared to win a lot of cars from the wheelspins.

At least that's how it is for me.

I had the license plate bug too. It happens.

In the second photo, is that text not supposed to be there?

(BTW, lol at the MS3 photobombing with its big, goofy :D face)
Apparently not haha. xD It kept appearing in photo mode for awhile now, so I was eager to share it with you and the others. Hilarious stuff. :lol:

For anyone that's having issues with extreme rubberbanding by drivatars, try hiring low level drivers when they pop up. I've replaced 3/4 so far and it's seemingly taken care of the issue for the most part.

As a side note, apologies to those who I've fired.

The Wheelspin is probably the thing I have raged most at in this game, I think after repeatedly just winning low credits I found my self shouting and swearing everytime at it "JUST GIVE ME AN F'IN CAR ALREADY!"

Worse bit is it looked like it was going to land on the Jaguar XJS and Audi S1 at one point (2 Cars I would not mind having in my Garage) Only to go to 2,000cr instead.

Man it test your patience sometimes ¬.¬

Standard physical copy. As I said, I have not purchased any DLC but I can see the Smoking Tires, Alpinestars, and VIP cars in the game, as I should, except Motorsport All-stars. The latter is available from the Xbox Store, but the cars are somehow hidden when I browse the Autoshow and the pack is not listed on the in-game marketplace. Perhaps Motorsport All-stars is only visible in-game for players who own the pack?
Motorsports All-Stars is not available to people who bought the standard copy of the game. There's a possibility it might become available to them later as a paid DLC. Alternatively, check the auction house. The individual cars could be available there if you wanted to spend the credits.

Motorsports All-Stars is not available to people who bought the standard copy of the game. There's a possibility it might become available to them later as a paid DLC. Alternatively, check the auction house. The individual cars could be available there if you wanted to spend the credits.
The game won't let you purchase them without the pack sadly. It'll take you to a marketplace screen to buy the pack (which usually brings you to a screen to buy the FH3 Ultimate Edition). :(

It is a paid DLC for physical standard edition owners (me at least). It is just hidden away in the XBL store and has to be found through the search bar. It is not listed alongside the other add-ons.

The game won't let you purchase them without the pack sadly. It'll take you to a marketplace screen to buy the pack (which usually brings you to a screen to buy the FH3 Ultimate Edition). :(
That's a bummer for standard buyers, but it makes sense, too. It is an incentive to get people to pony up the money for the more expensive versions. "Spend more money, get these cars."

It is a paid DLC for physical standard edition owners (me at least). It is just hidden away in the XBL store and has to be found through the search bar. It is not listed alongside the other add-ons.

Yes, it sure is available to buy for players who own the standard edition. That's why I'm confused why I don't see it in the Autoshow and the Marketplace when the other DLC packs I do not own are showing up.

IMO it's really dumb that Playground/T10 hid the cars from plain sight. Unless you bought the Deluxe/Ultimate, you'd be fine for assuming it's exclusive to those versions. However, if you look on the Xbox website, you can find the pack available to buy, regardless of what edition you got. Here's the link to the DLC, for those interested [x].

Back