Relaxed, General FH3 Chat

• Thread starter RacerPaul
  • 8,220 comments
Okay, I just spent about 3 hours driving around the demo. I drove the S15 this time. 39 signs smashed, 129 roads and 6 beauty spots discovered. The four cars they offer us to drive around in are great cars, but I am really looking forward to getting into the full game and checking out all the other cars, especially some of the more fascinating cars that have been revealed like the Reliant, the Maserati A6GCS, the Meyers Manx (only way to get a VW this time around), and original Holden Ute, and so many more. I have high hopes for the DLC as well. All the racing and building of the festival is just going to be a hindrance to me until it's over with and I can simply roam southeast Australia at my own pace and in my own cars.

FH1 and all related DLC (which is only half, the last 6 of the 12 DLC that were released are not available)
I am correcting myself. I discovered the rest of the DLC in the marketplace from the Horizon Hub. I got confused thinking we were missing cars because I was sure the 1961 Lincoln Continental was in FH1, but it was only in FM4. Speaking of which, the Continental would be a perfect Horizon car. Hint. Hint.

Are we gonna do the forza color chart for this game or are we done with it?
I'm all for continuing the color chart. Hopefully they will let us fine tune manufacturers colors like we could in FH1.

I just found two more signs, but where they are is so hilarious, it's almost a spoiler, so I'm going to spoiler this image I made to show where they are.

The one that is further north is on the very edge of the cliff. You are going to go over the edge when you try to break it, so just accept it. The one to the south you have to reach by jumping your car from the cliff to the west. And you better get a lot of speed up, because it's a long way across. Of course the only way off there once you're on is to go over the edge. Good thing these are the most robust cars ever made.

No one here is like Crocodile Dundee. No one.

It's like assuming all Americans are morbidly obese mobility scooter pilots. It's not true.
A good amount of Americans are. More Americans are fat ignorant idiots than there are outback Aussie blokes. But there are some like that, I've personally met a few. The way you say 'no one' is tells me you've probably never really left the city, have you.

Theory, and take it with a grain of salt:

Someone saw RWB being mentionned in the credits. There's that blurry "is it a GT3RS, is it not" debate with that capture from E3 since, well, E3. At the last FM6 DLC reveal, I spotted the Manta, which ended up not being in FM6 but will be in FH3. When the FM6 Porsche DLC came out, some of you guys spotted the 993 GT2, which ultimately was not in FM6. That's not the first time T10 goofs like that by unveiling stuff and then taking it out like no one noticed.

So. Probable Porsche expansion pack + RWB being named dropped + T10 shenanigans about how the GT2 is clearly modeled for the XBone and then suddently disappeared=

RWB-993-on-Meister-S1-8.jpg

Boom.

(But aside the RWB crap, please make the OEM Porsche body options also available. Please)

P>S @MXH FM6 also a must (Best game I have played), I downloaded FH2 great game and DLC is cheap at the moment, the racing through the fields, hills and italian towns in the HotHatches/Rally cars in Cockpit view is very intense and unreal. The graphics are a step up from FH1 and overall very impressed. I think between FH2/FH3/FM6 I don't need another driving game it has all the roads/cars/tracks I will ever need. (oh and the best photomodes +livery editors)👍
Just pre-ordered the XB1S and will be picking it up on the 22nd, in a week. Considering I can get FM6 for $25 due to my long time membership, I'll probably pick it up instead and patiently wait for FH3. That way I'll get the best of both worlds.

:dopey:

I've seen a few people confused as to what upgrade heroes are and how they tie in with customization. I thought I'd do a quick little write-up on what they are and how they work.

So upgrade heroes is basically a menu in the cars tab that allows for you to quickly browse through all the cars with upgrade presets. Now what is a upgrade preset you may ask? Well this is just a preset package of upgrades, pre-made by Playground - allowing you to quickly buy a car with a package of visual upgrades, performance upgrades and tuning settings so you if don't want all the fluff of customizing - you can simply select one of these and drive.

One thing to note - an upgrade preset is not the only way to apply all of the new visual upgrade mods. I've seen a lot of confusion about this fact. You can still go in to the custom upgrade menu and go to the nines. If you just want to apply a blower by itself; you can. If you just want to apply a wide body without changing anything else; you can

Another important point - Upgrade Heroes do not cover all of the cars with new visual upgrade mods. Jonk (Turn 10 employee) has confirmed that we have new visual customization for almost 100 vehicles in the game, while upgrade heroes only covers 47 of them. The new visual customization for the 100ish cars broadly fall into 4 categories:
  • Widebodies (20-25 cars)
  • Blowers (20-25 cars)
  • Rally/Off-Road (45-50 cars)
  • Roof-Racks/Misc (Number unknown)
If we slow down this video here (),
we can see the full list of 47 upgrade heroes:
  • * Alfa Romeo 155 Q4
  • * Audi #2 Audi Sport Quattro S1
  • * Audi Sport Quattro
  • * BMW M4 Coupe
  • * BMW M3 (E92)
  • * BMW M3 (E46)
  • * Chevrolet El Camino SS 454
  • * Chevrolet Camaro Z/28 (1970)
  • * Chevrolet Chevelle SS 454 (1970)
  • * Chevrolet Camaro SS (1969)
  • * Chevrolet Chevelle SS 396 (1967)
  • * Chevrolet Nova (1966)
  • * Chevrolet Impala (1964)
  • * Datsun 510
  • * Dodge Challenger Hellcat
  • * Dodge Charger R/T
  • * Dodge Dart Hemi SS
  • * Ferrari 458 Italia
  • * Ford Deluxe Coupe
  • * Holden A9X Torana
  • * Honda NSX-R
  • * Jeep Willys MB
  • * Koenigsegg Agera
  • * Lamborghini Aventador LP700-4
  • * Lancia 037 Stradale
  • * Land Rover Defender 90
  • * Lexus RC-F
  • * Mercury Coupe
  • * Mitsubishi Lancer EVO 6
  • * Nissan GT-R Black Edition
  • * Nissan Silvia Spec-R (S15)
  • * Nissan 240SX SE
  • * Nissan Silvia CLUB K's (S13)
  • * Nissan Skyline 2000 GT-R
  • * Nissan Fairlady Z 432
  • * Oldsmobile Hurst/Olds 442
  • * Peugeot 205 T16
  • * Plymouth Cuda 426 Hemi
  • * Pontiac Firebird Trans-Am (1973)
  • * Pontiac GTO Judge
  • * Renault 5 Turbo
  • * Subaru BRZ
  • * Subaru WRX Impreza STI (05)
  • * Subaru WRX Impreza STI 22B (98)
  • * Toyota GT86
  • * Toyota Celica GT
To reiterate; upgrade heroes don't cover all of the cars w/new visual customization options. Cars like the BMW M3 E36 (http://i.imgur.com/lCVfBae.png), Mini Cooper S, 2015 Subaru WRX, Holden Maloo, Ford FPV Pursuit Ute and many more have been confirmed to have new customization options falling under the new categories. They just didn't make the cut to the upgrade heroes tab. So obviously notable omissions from this list like Any Mazda, R34 Skyline, The rest of the EVOs, the F-150 Raptors could still have new visual customization options - at this point we don't know. I've made a WIP list of all of the new visual customization options - take a look. (Italics defines a car which isn't a upgrade hero)

Widebodies (17 out of 20-25)
  1. * BMW M4 Coupe
  2. * BMW M3 (E92)
  3. * BMW M3 (E46)
  4. * BMW M3 (E36)
  5. * Dodge Challenger Hellcat
  6. * Ferrari 458 Italia
  7. * Honda NSX-R
  8. * Lamborghini Aventador LP700-4
  9. * Lexus RC-F
  10. * Nissan GT-R Black Edition
  11. * Nissan Silvia Spec-R (S15)
  12. * Nissan 240SX SE
  13. * Nissan Silvia CLUB K's (S13)
  14. * Nissan Skyline 2000 GT-R
  15. * Nissan Fairlady Z 432
  16. * Subaru BRZ
  17. * Toyota GT86

Rally/Off-Road (16/45-50)
  1. * Audi #2 Audi Sport Quattro S1
  2. * Audi Sport Quattro
  3. * Datsun 510 (Now this could come under Widebody as well. But I went for Rally until we get confirmation)
  4. * Ford FPV Pursuit Ute (Roo Bar)
  5. * Ford F-150 Raptor (2017)
  6. * Holden Maloo Ute (Roo Bar)
  7. * Jeep Willys MB
  8. * Land Rover Defender 90
  9. * Mini Cooper S
  10. * Mitsubishi Lancer EVO 6
  11. * Mitsubishi Lancer EVO 8
  12. * Peugeot 205 T16
  13. * Renault 5 Turbo
  14. * Subaru WRX STI (2015)
  15. * Subaru WRX Impreza STI (05)
  16. * Subaru WRX Impreza STI 22B (98)
  17. * Toyota Celica GT (Could go either way between rally/widebodies)

Blowers (16/20-25)
  1. * Chevrolet El Camino SS 454
  2. * Chevrolet Camaro Z/28 (1970)
  3. * Chevrolet Chevelle SS 454 (1970)
  4. * Chevrolet Camaro SS (1969)
  5. * Chevrolet Chevelle SS 396 (1967)
  6. * Chevrolet Nova (1966)
  7. * Chevrolet Impala (1964)
  8. * Dodge Charger R/T
  9. * Dodge Dart Hemi SS
  10. * Ford Deluxe Coupe
  11. * Holden A9X Torana
  12. * Mercury Coupe
  13. * Oldsmobile Hurst/Olds 442
  14. * Plymouth Cuda 426 Hemi
  15. * Pontiac Firebird Trans-Am (1973)
  16. * Pontiac GTO Judge

Roof-Racks/Miscellaneous
  1. * Alfa Romeo 155 Q4 (This will be the DTM Kit we've had in previous forzas)
  2. * Ford Super Deluxe Station Wagon
  3. * Koenigsegg Agera (I have literally no idea what this could be in terms of visual customization May have been a glitch?)
  4. * Reliant Supervan

Source : http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/turn10_postsm546696_Cars-With--Unique--Aero-and-Appearance-parts---FH3-version.aspx#post_546696

Upgrade heroes don't cover all of the cars w/new visual customization options. Cars like the BMW M3 E36 (http://i.imgur.com/lCVfBae.png), Mini Cooper S, 2015 Subaru WRX, Holden Maloo, Ford FPV Pursuit Ute and many more have been confirmed to have new customization options falling under the new categories. They just didn't make the cut to the upgrade heroes tab. So obviously notable omissions from this list like Any Mazda, R34 Skyline, The rest of the EVOs, the F-150 Raptors could still have new visual customization options - at this point we don't know. I've made a WIP list of all of the new visual customization options - take a look. (Italics defines a car which isn't a upgrade hero)

Widebodies (17 out of 20-25)
  1. * BMW M4 Coupe
  2. * BMW M3 (E92)
  3. * BMW M3 (E46)
  4. * BMW M3 (E36)
  5. * Dodge Challenger Hellcat
  6. * Ferrari 458 Italia
  7. * Honda NSX-R
  8. * Lamborghini Aventador LP700-4
  9. * Lexus RC-F
  10. * Nissan GT-R Black Edition
  11. * Nissan Silvia Spec-R (S15)
  12. * Nissan 240SX SE
  13. * Nissan Silvia CLUB K's (S13)
  14. * Nissan Skyline 2000 GT-R
  15. * Nissan Fairlady Z 432
  16. * Subaru BRZ
  17. * Toyota GT86

Rally/Off-Road (16/45-50)
  1. * Audi #2 Audi Sport Quattro S1
  2. * Audi Sport Quattro
  3. * Datsun 510 (Now this could come under Widebody as well. But I went for Rally until we get confirmation)
  4. * Ford FPV Pursuit Ute (Roo Bar)
  5. * Ford F-150 Raptor (2017)
  6. * Holden Maloo Ute (Roo Bar)
  7. * Jeep Willys MB
  8. * Land Rover Defender 90
  9. * Mini Cooper S
  10. * Mitsubishi Lancer EVO 6
  11. * Mitsubishi Lancer EVO 8
  12. * Peugeot 205 T16
  13. * Renault 5 Turbo
  14. * Subaru WRX STI (2015)
  15. * Subaru WRX Impreza STI (05)
  16. * Subaru WRX Impreza STI 22B (98)
  17. * Toyota Celica GT (Could go either way between rally/widebodies)

Blowers (16/20-25)
  1. * Chevrolet El Camino SS 454
  2. * Chevrolet Camaro Z/28 (1970)
  3. * Chevrolet Chevelle SS 454 (1970)
  4. * Chevrolet Camaro SS (1969)
  5. * Chevrolet Chevelle SS 396 (1967)
  6. * Chevrolet Nova (1966)
  7. * Chevrolet Impala (1964)
  8. * Dodge Charger R/T
  9. * Dodge Dart Hemi SS
  10. * Ford Deluxe Coupe
  11. * Holden A9X Torana
  12. * Mercury Coupe
  13. * Oldsmobile Hurst/Olds 442
  14. * Plymouth Cuda 426 Hemi
  15. * Pontiac Firebird Trans-Am (1973)
  16. * Pontiac GTO Judge

Roof-Racks/Miscellaneous
  1. * Alfa Romeo 155 Q4 (This will be the DTM Kit we've had in previous forzas)
  2. * Ford Super Deluxe Station Wagon
  3. * Koenigsegg Agera (I have literally no idea what this could be in terms of visual customization May have been a glitch?)
  4. * Reliant Supervan

Source : http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/turn10_postsm546696_Cars-With--Unique--Aero-and-Appearance-parts---FH3-version.aspx#post_546696

Actually, and pardon to barge in like this so suddendly, there is a reason for the Agera to be in that last part of your list. Believe it or not, there's an actual option that involves things you can put on its roof, one that even Top Gear Magazine has tested;

Koenigsegg-Agera-R-37741.jpg

http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/img/Koenigsegg-Agera-R-37740.html

So yes, there is a real-life reason for the Agera to be there. And if that's true, then the game just got more awesome...

Actually, and pardon to barge in like this so suddendly, there is a reason for the Agera to be in that last part of your list. Believe it or not, there's an actual option that involves things you can put on its roof, one that even Top Gear Magazine has tested;

So yes, there is a real-life reason for the Agera to be there. And if that's true, then the game just got more awesome...

Thank you for pointing that out! I had no idea they even existed. If that part is in the game...dam that's crazy!

Is this going to be like Forza 6, where any DLC packs we get, the cars are free the first time you go to get them? Or will we have to spend credits on them?

Thank you for pointing that out! I had no idea they even existed. If that part is in the game...dam that's crazy!

You are welcome, I knew that info would come in handy. ;)👍 Indeed, T10 and Playground dug deep to find special body parts for these cars. No other game I know with Ageras has even thought of adding the Thule roof box to the cars, but leave it to Horizon to break the habit.

That being said, such a part is bound to make the Agera slower if anything, haha! :lol:

If the 74' Celica has 'vintage' wide fenders half my garage will just be Celicas. Me and my dad were given a 73' from a family friend for free but we never did anything with, and then got rid of. Big regret getting rid of that car, only realised afterwards how much I liked it.

If the 74' Celica has 'vintage' wide fenders half my garage will just be Celicas. Me and my dad were given a 73' from a family friend for free but we never did anything with, and then got rid of. Big regret getting rid of that car, only realised afterwards how much I liked it.

Yeah i wasn't sure where to put it (along with the Datsun 510). They could go either way, though I'd love to see the Celica with a classic style fender kit. Would look crazy good.

No one here is like Crocodile Dundee. No one.

It's like assuming all Americans are morbidly obese mobility scooter pilots. It's not true.

If that was directed at my post, then I'm sorry to have rustled your jimmies by making bad jokes.

Back