Relaxed, General FH3 Chat

• Thread starter RacerPaul
  • 8,220 comments
With exclusives like Halo and Forza now coming to PC, I do wonder what this will do to the Xbox brand in the longer term. It should be interesting to find out :)

But you are using Xbox, aren't you? Don't you launch your games through the Xbox app?
To me it's quite clear that Windows wants to turn Xbox into a runtime environment which can either be launched by a specific OS (Xbox-OS) or by an app integrated within Windows. This would be pretty wizard in their strategy of making Xbox-OS, Windows PC and Windows Mobile communicating environments - because we all know that eventually Play Anywhere is going to come to mobiles too (even if only for select titles).
In this scenario, the Xbox would still survive as an OS within Windows family, and as a line-up of different hardware solutions that are designed around gaming and employ said OS. After all, we're already stretching current technology thin - the technological leap between the Xbox One and the 360 was far smaller than the leap between the 360 and the original Xbox, and so on. A Xbox Dos launching in 2018 would've been quite hard to justify both to the customer (which would've had to spend hundreds of dollars RIGHT NOW!!11 to enjoy the latest and newest games which wouldn't likely offer much more than those currently running on the Xbox One) and to developers (which would likely find themselves forced to develop triple-A titles for both the Xbox One and its successor, with the consequent massive increase in costs). But this new staggered developing cycle may keep consoles alive until the heat death of the universe.

Aaaaanyways...

Now. Ignore AR12 if you wish (for all I care you can mute the video). But take a close look at the credits.

First, let's tear apart some of the things he got excited about. Zenvo and GTA Spano are a long time coming... On the other hand, Novitec and Flying Lizard are already in the game - the former as the maker of one of the bodykits for the Abarth 500, and the other on the Audi R8 included in the Motorsports All-Stars pack. Of course that still leaves RWB hanging there... Could a Porsche pack for Forza Horizon 3 be on its way? And what would that tell us about the current state of affairs with Porsche licensing? I think it's likely that EA has renounced its complete exclusivity, but may be forcing other developers to include Porsche as paid, post-release DLC (as is the case for Assetto Corsa, and as it's been the case for the past two Forza games, plus Forza Motorsport 4).

Now, for the things he hasn't noticed... I find the licensing of the Scherer Gruppe trademark far more interesting. As I can't figure out what purpose it serves. Scherer Gruppe is a German VW Group car dealer. But it's part of the larger Scherer Holding, which also includes Scherer Nutzfahrzeuge - which services and manufactures accessories for MAN trucks. May this have to do with traffic vehicles? Or should we expect a Dakar truck to be on its way?

Also, Thule. As someone already pointed out, the Koenigsegg Agera is an upgrade hero, and Thule makes an aerodynamic roof rack for the Agera. Is that a confirmation that we will be able to join the ranks of the ultra-rich and insane in adding a roof box to our >400kph Swedish slab of beef?

Finally, what the hell is Vorsteiner doing here? We have no Vorsteiner rims, and apparently, no Vorsteiner body parts. Could it be that rims will be a possible prize for future Forzathon events? After all, they're already giving us horn packs, aren't they? It would probably make for a perfectly viable way to add some fresh wheels to the game in the midst of its life.

Or should we expect a Dakar truck to be on its way?

cYanmPn.gif

With the Baja buggies, Trophy Truck and the Raid cars, that's a plausible idea.

Not sure if anyone else has noticed, but they've updated Forza Rewards to include FH3. I currently have 8 cars waiting for me and if I can get to level 7 before the 23rd (doubtful as I just reached 6) it will be 9.:eek:

Not sure if anyone else has noticed, but they've updated Forza Rewards to include FH3. I currently have 8 cars waiting for me and if I can get to level 7 before the 23rd (doubtful as I just reached 6) it will be 9.:eek:
Yep,noticed it yesterday,I've got no chance of making level 8 from here,but apparently you get cars from playing 6 and H2 aswell.

This game looked so good, that I bought an Xbox one, as well as a TMX wheel. At first I was having lots of trouble with wheel settings, but I found settings that worked so I was able to have fun with the demo, and I loved Horizon 1 back in the day, and it's backwards compatible now so I'm replaying the campaign until FH3 comes out, so I'm super hyped for the 27th!

Also, I don't have any friends on xbl yet, so feel free to add me: CydonianCyborg
I'm expecting a friend request

VXR
Also, why can't we hop on bicycles? The world's probably the best realised after GTA V's San Andreas, so why can't we explore its glory at a slower pace?

So impressed by the open nature. The ability to drive all the way up a river is pure GTA freedom.

Oh gosh, I hope not! Don't want Horizon 3 to introduce all kinds of silly cars or 3-wheelers that have no business being on the road or dirt road for that matter, ala Forza 6!

On a serious note though, I'd kill for a Forza game with bikes that lets your race on tracks and the open road.

Ok guys, help!! Which one is a better option??

The Halo 5 bundle!! ♥ (S/.1800-$529.52)
View attachment 586002

Elite bundle S/.1900-$558.94
View attachment 586003

+GOW and 3 games S/.1799-$529.23
View attachment 586005

8 ganes + 2 controllers (just 500gb tho) S/.1400-$411.85
View attachment 586006

Obviously I'm aware I'm doing online shopping. So it could be dangerous... But those prices are good to me considering some are used, some are new, and the bonus stuff... (NEVER expected to find the Halo 5 bundle, but I want the elite controller!)

As long as you don't buy anything that's used or refurbished, you're all set.

Of course that still leaves RWB hanging there... Could a Porsche pack for Forza Horizon 3 be on its way? And what would that tell us about the current state of affairs with Porsche licensing? I think it's likely that EA has renounced its complete exclusivity, but may be forcing other developers to include Porsche as paid, post-release DLC (as is the case for Assetto Corsa, and as it's been the case for the past two Forza games, plus Forza Motorsport 4).

Well, it has to be Porsches. No one has found RWB kits for any car in the demo itself, so it goes immediately to the more likely theory. Picture this; RWB is famous for tuning Porsches in a way no one thought would be possible, Forza is famous for putting Porsches in a videogame when no one thought EA would relinquish their rights to them. Put the two together and you would have a DLC that's nearly impossible to resist. It's the textbook definition of money in the bank...

Now, for the things he hasn't noticed... I find the licensing of the Scherer Gruppe trademark far more interesting. As I can't figure out what purpose it serves. Scherer Gruppe is a German VW Group car dealer. But it's part of the larger Scherer Holding, which also includes Scherer Nutzfahrzeuge - which services and manufactures accessories for MAN trucks. May this have to do with traffic vehicles? Or should we expect a Dakar truck to be on its way?

Dakar trucks, flying across the Outback desert? It's more likely than you think... After all, Forza 6 marked the beginning of truck DLC, so Horizon could take full advantage of that. And no one has seen MAN trucks as part of in-game traffic yet, have they...?

The VW theory is less likely, because unless VW goes mellow all of a sudden, they aren't going to be in Horizon 3. Porsche and Lamborghini are there because they want to, and it wouldn't generate good money or publicity for them if the VAG group kept players from having either of those brands.

Also, Thule. As someone already pointed out, the Koenigsegg Agera is an upgrade hero, and Thule makes an aerodynamic roof rack for the Agera. Is that a confirmation that we will be able to join the ranks of the ultra-rich and insane in adding a roof box to our >400kph Swedish slab of beef?

This one is a big, fat "YES". As I mentioned before in my very post in this thread, it's the only thing an Agera can have in terms of unique customization parts that aren't bodykits or blowers. And if Thule's name is in the credits, then it's more than confirmed that the fastest roof box in the world will join a racing game, for the first time ever.

And that also proves just how focused Playground is in making a fun experience; Driveclub allowed you to drive an Agera, yes. But it didn't allow you to drag race a Reliant Regal Supervan while carrying an aerodynamic roof box... :lol:

Last edited:
Well, it has to be Porsches. No one has found RWB kits for any car in the demo itself, so it goes immediately to the more likely theory. Picture this; RWB is famous for tuning Porsches in a way no one thought would be possible, Forza is famous for putting Porsches in a videogame when no one thought EA would relinquish their rights to them. Put the two together and you would have a DLC that's nearly impossible to resist. It's the textbook definition of money in the bank...

Dakar trucks, flying across the Outback desert? It's more likely than you think... After all, Forza 6 marked the beginning of truck DLC, so Horizon could take full advantage of that. And no one has seen MAN trucks as part of traffic yet, have they...?
I have. :P ;) :D

RQNLtukh.jpg

This game looked so good, that I bought an Xbox one, as well as a TMX wheel. At first I was having lots of trouble with wheel settings, but I found settings that worked so I was able to have fun with the demo, and I loved Horizon 1 back in the day, and it's backwards compatible now so I'm replaying the campaign until FH3 comes out, so I'm super hyped for the 27th!

Also, I don't have any friends on xbl yet, so feel free to add me: CydonianCyborg

Just added you! GT: NickRoss98

I'm looking at the map right now and I can't seem to spot a freeway connecting the central edges of the map. Maybe it's a design choice if they're going for a semi-realistic recreation of the real place, but the freeway in FH2 was a blessing when covering longer distances.

How's your Pre Order prices for the three editions?
In UAE's Xbox Store:

Forza Horizon 3 Standard Edition Costs $59.99
Forza Horizon 3 Deluxe Edition Costs : $89.99
Forza Horizon 3 Ultimate Edition Costs : $99.99

Not sure about you but i find it odd how Deluxe edition is just $10 different from the Ultimate one. Therefore i'm going to ignore it and choose between Standard and Ultimate Edition. After all Car Pass (and then early access) is the main reason for getting the Ultimate edition in the first place. I'm going to buy it from UAE's store because i afraid that the Launch Day will depend on the location of the store instead of having a universal time (like the demo i believe).

How's your Pre Order prices for the three editions?
In UAE's Xbox Store:

Forza Horizon 3 Standard Edition Costs $59.99
Forza Horizon 3 Deluxe Edition Costs : $89.99
Forza Horizon 3 Ultimate Edition Costs : $99.99

Not sure about you but i find it odd how Deluxe edition is just $10 different from the Ultimate one. Therefore i'm going to ignore it and choose between Standard and Ultimate Edition. After all Car Pass (and then early access) is the main reason for getting the Ultimate edition in the first place. I'm going to buy it from UAE's store because i afraid that the Launch Day will depend on the location of the store instead of having a universal time (like the demo i believe).
U.S. Prices are the same, except the deluxe is $79.99. I think the Deluxe is kind of a rip.

Well, it has to be Porsches. No one has found RWB kits for any car in the demo itself, so it goes immediately to the more likely theory.

It would make sense - especially considering that they've also added in the Fifteen52 Outlaw and Rotiform FUC wheels, designed specifically for Porsche cars. If they somehow managed to deliver a Porsche pack including RWB kits, it would be a massive blow for the already faltering attractivity of the Need For Speed series towards tuning and stance fanatics, probably on par with losing the Ken Block sponsorship has been for the drift/gymkhana crowd, and could even end up to convince EA that the series isn't profitable enough.

However, it may also be a case of them licensing manufacturers "just in case". Or there may be some mechanic that we don't know about which could let us acquire new body parts (as I said, Vorsteiner's also been licensed, but there is no Vorsteiner part in game!). The Forzathon events could play such a role.

P.S: didn't RWB build a Zenki S14? It wouldn't surprise me if it got both a Rocket Bunny and a RWB option. This would, however, quench the hype for Porsches. Hmmm. As usual, T10 and Playground Games leave us with the funny metagame of piercing all the clues they've left behind together to figure out what their next move will be.

Back