Relaxed, General FH3 Chat

• Thread starter RacerPaul
  • 8,220 comments
Created my first blueprint:

A late night circuit race in Surfers Paradise, Torana vs XY Falcon. Love the fact you can create your own themes for the events. Just incredible!
You can also set your own times for events too? That would come in handy for taking photos, as you wouldn't have to wait for the day/night cycle.

I'm having trouble downloading the game on my PC. Upon reaching a certain amount of GB (usually around 16), my PC crashes and I have to reboot it. This unfortunately also means that I have to restart the download from the beginning. Does anyone know what's happening?

I can't say i know what's happening, but for me, I had it start the download during a night but i apparently lost connexion sometime later. I also had to restart my pc 'cause i couldn't reconnect at all (even though i'm wired...) then had to restart the download. But it didn't restart completely. At first it "restarted" (but really recalculated over a period of ~10 minutes) how much I had dowloaded (i could see the progress bar go Gb per Gb) then kept going. I apparently jad lost connexion at ~11gb of data. It took the better part of an afternoon with my decent connexion to get it complete.

I suggest waiting to see if it's not just recalculating data? I'd really hate for you to actually be restarting the DL everytime :/

Thanks for thoughts on the wheel/pad usage. As for the map/drone/photomode I think the controller is still active with the wheel? Can anyone confirm?

UK Xbox One S Potential Buyers
Tesco Direct have the new console (500gb) with Fifa 17 for only £224
or the console with Fifa 17 / Forza Horizon 3 / Overwatch (3 games) for only £264.
I think that is the best deal at the moment on the system.

Ok last post before I go to sleep.

Finally the 22B has some new rally upgrades!

MLpDUf9.png

Hope everybody enjoys it when it unlocks for them. I've been amazed in these first 2+ hours I've played, and I've only just scratched the surface!

Thanks for thoughts on the wheel/pad usage. As for the map/drone/photomode I think the controller is still active with the wheel? Can anyone confirm?

UK Xbox One S Potential Buyers
Tesco Direct have the new console (500gb) with Fifa 17 for only £224
or the console with Fifa 17 / Forza Horizon 3 / Overwatch (3 games) for only £264.
I think that is the best deal at the moment on the system.

The controller is active in the Demo while using the wheel, I was flying around the drone just last night in the Demo; used the wheel for driving though. Also, the right thumbstick allows full look around while using the wheel also, just like in FM6.

Thanks for confirmation, gonna go buy the new One S controller for PC to use for more relaxed gaming periods, painting, auction house etc.

Place your coffee machine right next to your console / PC? :lol:

Yeah, guess what day does my espresso machine decide to stop functioning properly? :lol:

All this talk about exactly what minute the game will unlock...Don't forget that Horizon 2 infamously missed its midnight release by a couple hours and everyone was flipping out while MS got their act together.

Horizon 2 was a simultaneous release, tho. And one year later, the FM6 launch was mostly flawless (although there was still the Ultimate players who got an early launch, thus splitting the heavy load on the servers into two more manageable loads).

People are still getting issues with early access. Read that someone couldn't get in and would keep getting the "too early" message, but his friend literally down the road was already playing. Hope this is settled out by the time I get access :lol: I have anywhere from 13-16 hrs left.

I wonder what the ratio is for people buying ultimate edition vs normal.
I wonder if, on the Xbox One, when you go to see the game in store, that each different bundle will only be able to be reviewed by the people that purchased the specific ones. If they are locked to only reviewing the specific bundle you purchased, I wonder how much more the first two are sitting at. I think Ultimate was sitting at around 3000-4000 reviews. I realize that isn't the whole picture though.

I'm going to guess Jagwar Ma - O B 1. Not sure if that exact song is in GT6 but I know the artist is atleast in GT6.

I really hope they sell millions. They deserve it and the world needs more games like this.
well, the good thing is, we are totally getting more games like this. like clockwork 8)

I wonder if, on the Xbox One, when you go to see the game in store, that each different bundle will only be able to be reviewed by the people that purchased the specific ones. If they are locked to only reviewing the specific bundle you purchased, I wonder how much more the first two are sitting at. I think Ultimate was sitting at around 3000-4000 reviews. I realize that isn't the whole picture though.
we will check the leaderboards a day before general release. that would give a nice aproximation, right?

I'm having trouble downloading the game on my PC. Upon reaching a certain amount of GB (usually around 16), my PC crashes and I have to reboot it. This unfortunately also means that I have to restart the download from the beginning. Does anyone know what's happening?

A friend had issues with Steam downloads because at some point Steam froze and the PC crashed... We found out that his antivirus program was causing this...

Initial impressions for my first Forza. Fantastic. I wish my PC could run it a little smoother as on ultra it does play at about 50-60fps but there is a significant amount of stuttering. But besides that wow, I feel like I'm a child again being glued to my monitor playing games for hours on end (2 hours as it opened at midnight here in Aus). I may probably comment a more in depth review (I guess?) later but for now I'm amazed haha.

I'll let the very odd feeling driving and oddly laggy menus slide for this amazement 👍

Initial impressions for my first Forza. Fantastic. I wish my PC could run it a little smoother as on ultra it does play at about 50-60fps but there is a significant amount of stuttering. But besides that wow, I feel like I'm a child again being glued to my monitor playing games for hours on end (2 hours as it opened at midnight here in Aus). I may probably comment a more in depth review (I guess?) later but for now I'm amazed haha.

I'll let the very odd feeling driving and oddly laggy menus slide for this amazement 👍
Did you update to the game ready graphics drivers which came out yesterday?

Back