Renault Banana (officially the RS16) launch

Was the person who placed the Jack Jones logo drunk or what went wrong there?
Lots of space left that would allow the logo to be moved a little bit higher, but no it has to be in such a dumb stop that makes it ridiculously hard to read...
If I were the sponsor, I'd be pissed.

But that's the idea, it purposely catches your attention because it's so poorly placed. That way you have no choice but to satisfy your curiosity and look in to the sponsor. Bad press can be good press. :sly::lol:

Renault have just taken Arrows' 1998 livery and added a bit of yellow on it

1998-04-26%27%2724-007scan.jpg

Everything they've shown so far, all the little accessories and such, have followed the red, black and white theme, same as their NASCAR colours.
Nothing says making an impression like picking three of the most popular colours on the grid. Ferrari, McLaren, Manor and now Renault are all using combinations of red, black and white.

It's also about a major manufacturer committing to Formula One.

With the Renault takeover of Lotus having been common knowledge - be it as rumour or confirmed - for a while now, I'd actually forgotten that folk outside of motor racing wouldn't have known that Renault are back as a works team.

Roo
With the Renault takeover of Lotus having been common knowledge - be it as rumour or confirmed - for a while now, I'd actually forgotten that folk outside of motor racing wouldn't have known that Renault are back as a works team.
It took me a while to realise that, too. But reflecting on the actual presentation of the RS16, I realised why so much of it was about Renault's corporate direction.

The challenge now is to get other manufacturers in; personally, I'm hoping Hyundai will have a go.

It took me a while to realise that, too. But reflecting on the actual presentation of the RS16, I realised why so much of it was about Renault's corporate direction.

The challenge now is to get other manufacturers in; personally, I'm hoping Hyundai will have a go.
Hyundai 'snotta F1 calibre manufacturer though :P

Hyundai 'snotta F1 calibre manufacturer though :P
In the mid-1990s, sure. But don't forget, the Japanese car market was horrendous in the 1970s before becoming a powerhouse in the 1990s. Korean cars were terrible in the 1990s - the Hyundai Excel had the nasty habit of punching the suspension upright through the front wheel arch - but they're excellent in the 2010s. The Chinese car market has taken over as the "crappy cheap car producer" in their stead, but if history repeats, they'll be on-form in twenty years.

I actually suspect that Bernie tried to get Hyundai on-board back in 2006. Most new races get between eighteen months and two years to be ready, but Korea got four, the first race co-incided with the expansion of the grid in 2010, and Mokpo is an industrial city where Hyundai Heavy Industries has a large presence. Hyundai even had a website for a yeam. But they suffered during the recession, and the plan waa never realised.

In the mid-1990s, sure. But don't forget, the Japanese car market was horrendous in the 1970s before becoming a powerhouse in the 1990s. Korean cars were terrible in the 1990s - the Hyundai Excel had the nasty habit of punching the suspension upright through the front wheel arch - but they're excellent in the 2010s. The Chinese car market has taken over as the "crappy cheap car producer" in their stead, but if history repeats, they'll be on-form in twenty years.

I actually suspect that Bernie tried to get Hyundai on-board back in 2006. Most new races get between eighteen months and two years to be ready, but Korea got four, the first race co-incided with the expansion of the grid in 2010, and Mokpo is an industrial city where Hyundai Heavy Industries has a large presence. Hyundai even had a website for a yeam. But they suffered during the recession, and the plan waa never realised.
:lol: I know. Just like the previous generation looked down on the Japanese cars, it's ingrained in me to crap on the Korean cars. Like you say though, they've come a long way. I have no doubt that, if they had the desire and gave themselves the time, Hyundai could succeed in F1.

My comment was more the old "Hyundai 'snotta (Sonata) Turbo" joke.

From what I've read on a French site livery might be different for the first gp. Apparently that's the winter testing livery.

But that's the idea, it purposely catches your attention because it's so poorly placed. That way you have no choice but to satisfy your curiosity and look in to the sponsor. Bad press can be good press. :sly::lol:
That's one way to look at it, but I'd still vote for incompetence. ;)

Btw, I just noticed I wrote "stop" instead of "spot"... I hope that was some sort of autocorrection and not me... :dopey:

Hmmm, #LetsRaceTogether

Wonder who that is aimed at?

Back