Renault Banana (officially the RS16) launch

It looks like a banana.

Is that a complaint?

Edit:

image.jpg

Damn that looks good. Such a clean looking car, especially that nose. Best looking nose by far

The piano black looked miles better. This looks like a rattle can special RC shell.

bil-xray-x1-formel-1.jpg

Also, what's going on with the shade of yellow on the render/press photo? It's far lighter than the one in the reveal photos. Neither look particularly appealing in my eyes.

I like the colour, certainly will stand out, but yet another team not bothering to actually add any design elements. Few more black splashes wouldn't do any harm.

Am I being too pernickety when I think that it is the wrong shade of yellow? It borders on golden orange rather than 'yellow' yellow.

I guess they replaced the red with gold.
Big improvement IMHO...

The more I look at this, the more I like it. Can't remember the last time I thought an F1 car was so purdy.

Oh I agree that this is one of the best looking cars in the grid this year. I just remember reading about Renault planning to make the livery look similar to the RS01, but I can see why they decided to replace the red with gold (although I would guess Total is not too happy :lol:)

I think Renault showed two different cars in their photos today, the studio shots [I'm almost certain] are their 2016 race car, the car launch event car looks really short as if it's from the pre-refueling era, the front of the sidepods match the 2008 car so I presume that's what they showed the media (with heavily modified bodywork of course).

I think Renault showed two different cars in their photos today, the studio shots [I'm almost certain] are their 2016 race car, the car launch event car looks really short as if it's from the pre-refueling era, the front of the sidepods match the 2008 car so I presume that's what they showed the media (with heavily modified bodywork of course).

It could also just be a re-skinned formula Renault.

Back