Renown Tuning ™

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll make sure I add you, or you can add me, I'm freshseth83 on PSN. So anytime you wanna race if I'm online I'll race with you.

Porsche 911 GT2 - Stuttgart powered. rear-wheel driven.

Vehicle Note: This tune was approached without the following customizations: Suspension Stage 3, Body Kit 3, Cockpit Upgrade Stage 3, and Semi-Welded Chassis.

Driver's Note:
Tested at Silverstone International, London River, and Ambush Canyon and bump-jumping has been addressed as much as possible. Further explanation below.

Car Rating: 15.26

Tire and Brakes

F. Tire Pressure - 32.90
R. Tire Pressure - 33.91
Brake Balance - 57.50

Alignment

Steering Lock - 18.00
Caster Angle - 2.50
F. Toe Angle - -0.10
R. Toe Angle - 0.10
F. Camber - -2.00
R. Camber - -1.20
F. Ride Height - 70.00
R. Ride Height - 80.00

Springs and Dampers

F. Sway bar - 228.41
R. Sway bar - 239.84
F. Spring Rate - 413.05
R. Spring Rate - 428.28
F. Bump Stop Length - 0.00
R. Bump Stop Length - 0.00
F. Damper Slow Bump - 3,900.00
R. Damper Slow Bump - 3,600.00
F. Damper Fast Bump - 2,300.00
R. Damper Fast Bump - 1,900.00
F. Damper Slow Rebound - 7,200.00
R. Damper Slow Rebound - 8,600.00
F. Damper Fast Rebound - 4,200.00
R. Damper Fast Rebound - 4,600.00

Differential

L. Slip Acceleration Lock - 45.00
L. Slip Deceleration Lock - 55.00
L. Slip Preload -70.00
Visco Electronic Lock - N/A

Gearing
- Default Values

Final - 5.89
1st - 2.92
2nd - 2.00
3rd - 1.45
4th - 1.90
5th - 0.90
6th - 0.78

Aerodynamics

F. Downforce - 3.00
R. Downforce - 4.00
Cooler Radiator Opening - N/A
Brake Duct Opening - N/A

Fastest lap recorded at London River is: N/A. Expect a lap time shortly.

This tune is intended to make the GT2 as stable as possible and while doing so trying to eliminate the tedious bump-jumping. Both have been achieved in the long run but the only possible means of a drawback would be a slightly increased understeer ratio. The GT2 can take corners bravely while maintaining both form and orientation simultaneously, however, be cautious not to carry too much speed into any corner as it seems the excessive friction causes the front end to lose contact with the line of path (possibly due to torque) and steer in the opposite direction. Also worth noting is the GT2 seems to have a more sincere feeling of weight shifting when turning into a corner, pulling off the line and braking. Bump-jumping is still present, unfortunately, but the effect is feint. When coming to a change in track elevation expect the suspension to jounce, but the the jounce seems to be more appropriate. If for whatever reason you lose control of the vehicle while the suspension is reacting simply let off the accelerator and attempt to dry steer the vehicle into it's appropriate path, braking is another option.

Renown Tuning - Driver Discretion Advised.

ill do a lap for you terronium i gt 1 Min 19 seconds

I miss this thread. :indiff:

You know what?

Despite me not actually playing Shift as much as I once did, there are still a couple of cars left that have no tuning profile, I'm going to finish those up and still take requests on a regular basis; that is if anyone still plays.

I miss this thread. :indiff:

You know what?

Despite me not actually playing Shift as much as I once did, there are still a couple of cars left that have no tuning profile, I'm going to finish those up and still take requests on a regular basis; that is if anyone still plays.

if You still take requests I would like to drive a supercar where oversteer feeling is completely removed, something that let you play shift like gran turismo, i know it's hard because of the game physics but if you have cars like that let me know, I have a decent Zonda R without oversteer but for other supercars it's not so easy remove it completely, expecially Corvette and Viper, I need something stable for the Nordschleife..
oh, and sorry for my bad english!

if You still take requests I would like to drive a supercar where oversteer feeling is completely removed, something that let you play shift like gran turismo, i know it's hard because of the game physics but if you have cars like that let me know, I have a decent Zonda R without oversteer but for other supercars it's not so easy remove it completely, expecially Corvette and Viper, I need something stable for the Nordschleife..
oh, and sorry for my bad english!

Hate to tell you this, but that just isn't going to happen. You can never completely tune over or understeer from a vehicle, it's just a natural bias. If you push too hard at the wrong moment the rear end is going to step out. If you don't push hard enough, or if you push too hard at the wrong moment the front end is going to plow through corners (understeer).

A car without either bias is nothing more then a bicycle. :lol:

yes i know but shift phisic is not like real life, the game itself suffer too much oversteer in every car, but is possible try to reduce it with the right setup
i found useful increase rear camber on -2.30 and reduce front on -0.10, this set doesn't work in real life but work in the game because the phisic is a bit wrong

yes i know but shift phisic is not like real life, the game itself suffer too much oversteer in every car, but is possible try to reduce it with the right setup
i found useful increase rear camber on -2.30 and reduce front on -0.10, this set doesn't work in real life but work in the game because the phisic is a bit wrong

Not to mention using that much rear camber is going to hinder some performance, even in the game...but if you want stability, practically every tune that's currently up is as stable as can be without hindering performance too much.

If those aren't to your liking, what particular car are you looking for?

I think my problems with some of your tunes is that I'm not using a wheel but ps3 controller so that's could be the problem:
different controller -> different response
and I've not tried all your setups yet so i can't say every car of yours have too much oversteer.
luckly Murcelago it's goin to be easy (im setting now) so i can try your CCX and Veyron tunes, let's see how a ps3 controller respond with that

edit: I've tested CCX and as espected I wasn't able to control the car properly I feel it's too nervous.. it should be a controller issue, in fact this tune should be great with a wheel

Last edited:
edit: I've tested CCX and as espected I wasn't able to control the car properly I feel it's too nervous.. it should be a controller issue, in fact this tune should be great with a wheel

Well, to be fair to the game, the CCX (without the rear wing) is quite a powerslider anyhow. If you've never seen the first TG power lap with the CCX, watch it. You'll see when The Stig tried to brave the situation the rear end kicked back and the car went in the opposite direction and ate a tire. :lol:

Playing Shift with a DS3 is weird and very uncomfortable (at least it was for me) so, it may very well be the controller because it handles a lot better then the stock version.

Hey T glad to see you back if you dont mind me asking what tunes are you working on?

Working on another Veyron tune, and I'm going to do tunes for all of the Ferrari DLC.

Just for the sake of being complete.

Maybe you could do a tune for a higher top speed in the Nismo R35 (14 rate Spec-V not the works)? Around Road America it's ok handling wise for me, but if you could help me out is there a certain ration in the gearing i should use for achieving a higher top speed (and acceleration to it) down it's long straights? I always cream the Lambo's (14 rate gallardo) in corners but they pull off in the straights. It's sad!

Maybe you could do a tune for a higher top speed in the Nismo R35 (14 rate Spec-V not the works)? Around Road America it's ok handling wise for me, but if you could help me out is there a certain ration in the gearing i should use for achieving a higher top speed (and acceleration to it) down it's long straights? I always cream the Lambo's (14 rate gallardo) in corners but they pull off in the straights. It's sad!

Won't be a problem.

I'll start all of this tomorrow.

I've got tunes for the Ferrari F430 Scuderia, Scuderia 16M, and F50 GT on the way.

I'll work on the R35 shortly thereafter. Also, take note of the new RT Prancing Horse section in the tune catalog.

Thanks T, I guessed that this tune would help out with the timing of your WTC challenge, but it's a different Nissan, no matter though, I'll still use this tune because I use the V-Spec more often than any car I have because 14 rate is the most even racing i can find online.

Depending on the track, I use the R35 or Lancer EVO works converted.
That thing handles better than any other car I have.
Not sure what EA is thinking when they build their upgrades.
It would be hard to beat that car if it had a little more power.
With the Lambo, you just have to learn it's quirks.

Ferrari F430 Scuderia

Car Rating: 11.00

Tire and Brakes

F. Tire Pressure - 30.00
R. Tire Pressure - 30.43
Brake Balance - 54.50

Alignment

Steering Lock - 22.00
Caster Angle - 3.25
F. Toe Angle - 0.30
R. Toe Angle - 0.10
F. Camber - -2.00
R. Camber - -1.60
F. Ride Height - 90.00
R. Ride Height - 100.00

Springs and Dampers

F. Sway bar - 285.52
R. Sway bar - 85.66
F. Spring Rate - 371.17
R. Spring Rate - 466.34
F. Bump Stop Length - 1.00
R. Bump Stop Length - 1.00
F. Damper Slow Bump - 3,300.00
F. Damper Fast Bump - 1,700.00
F. Damper Slow Rebound - 9,200.00
R. Damper Slow Rebound - 8,300.00
F. Damper Fast Rebound - 4,300.00
R. Damper Fast Rebound - 4,900.00

Differential

L. Slip Preload - 60.00
Visco Electronic Lock - 35.00

Gearing

Final - 5.44
1st - 2.95
2nd - 2.09
3rd - 1.74
4th - 1.45
5th - 1.24
6th - 1.13

Aerodynamics

F. Downforce - 2.00
R. Downforce - 5.00

Last edited:
Ferrari F430 Scuderia Spider 16M

Car Rating: 11.20

Tire and Brakes

F. Tire Pressure - 30.00
R. Tire Pressure - 30.43
Brake Balance - 54.50

Alignment

Steering Lock - 22.00
Caster Angle - 3.25
F. Toe Angle - 0.30
R. Toe Angle - 0.10
F. Camber - -2.00
R. Camber - -1.60
F. Ride Height - 90.00
R. Ride Height - 100.00

Springs and Dampers

F. Sway bar - 285.52
R. Sway bar - 85.66
F. Spring Rate - 371.17
R. Spring Rate - 466.34
F. Bump Stop Length - 1.00
R. Bump Stop Length - 1.00
F. Damper Slow Bump - 3,300.00
F. Damper Fast Bump - 1,700.00
F. Damper Slow Rebound - 9,200.00
R. Damper Slow Rebound - 8,300.00
F. Damper Fast Rebound - 4,300.00
R. Damper Fast Rebound - 4,900.00

Differential

L. Slip Preload - 60.00
Visco Electronic Lock - 35.00

Gearing

Final - 5.44
1st - 2.95
2nd - 2.09
3rd - 1.74
4th - 1.45
5th - 1.24
6th - 1.13

Aerodynamics

F. Downforce - 2.00
R. Downforce - 5.00

Last edited:
Ferrari F50 GT

Car Rating: 18.20

NOTE: Seeing as the F50 GT is incredibly stable even in it's stock tune, I've changed very little. It does have the potential to lap London River quicker then a Works Converted LP640.

Tire and Brakes

F. Tire Pressure - 23.33
R. Tire Pressure - 24.64
Brake Balance - 60.50

Alignment

Steering Lock - 25.00
Caster Angle - 2.50
F. Toe Angle - -0.10
R. Toe Angle - 0.20
F. Camber - -2.00
R. Camber - -1.60
F. Ride Height - 75.00
R. Ride Height - 95.00

Springs and Dampers

F. Sway bar - 285.52
R. Sway bar - 142.76
F. Spring Rate - 278.38
R. Spring Rate - 340.24
F. Bump Stop Length - 0.00
R. Bump Stop Length - 0.00
F. Damper Slow Bump - 2,500.00
R. Damper Slow Bump - 2,500.00
F. Damper Fast Bump - 1,500.00
R. Damper Fast Bump - 1,500.00
F. Damper Slow Rebound - 6,600.00
R. Damper Slow Rebound - 7,000.00
F. Damper Fast Rebound - 3,000.00
R. Damper Fast Rebound - 4,000.00

Differential

L. Slip Acceleration Lock - 50.00
L. Slip Deceleration Lock - 35.00
L. Slip Preload - 60.00

Gearing

Final - 5.89
1st - 3.23
2nd - 2.17
3rd - 1.57
4th - 1.31
5th - 1.09
6th - 0.90

Aerodynamics

F. Downforce - 5.00
R. Downforce - 5.00
Cooler Radiator Opening - 1.00
Brake Duct Opening - 4.00

Front page has (finally) been updated with all of the recent tunes that I've put up. With E3 starting tomorrow and me handling a wealth of personal things, you can expect that regular occurrences won't resume until after Thursday, however, I will stock as many tunes as I can with whatever time I have.

Front page has (finally) been updated with all of the recent tunes that I've put up. With E3 starting tomorrow and me handling a wealth of personal things, you can expect that regular occurrences won't resume until after Thursday, however, I will stock as many tunes as I can with whatever time I have.

Honda Civic Si - Stage 3 Custom

I just wanted to do a Civic tuning but this link is wrong i think...

The link works fine, but you should take notice that with GTPX the individual links don't redirect to an individual post anymore. Instead they direct you toward the page and post.

Honda Civic Si - Stage 3 Custom

I just wanted to do a Civic tuning but this link is wrong i think...
The link on both the Civic and Scion both take you to Dodge Challenger Concept - Stage 3

The link on both the Civic and Scion both take you to Dodge Challenger Concept - Stage 3

Just use the Search function in the thread! I found the civic tuning, it is not a big job.. And as Terronium-12 said, the problem is not with the link, just GTplanet changed a few thing on it's page.

Is the linking still an issue?

Because I'll gladly resolve it, and with that said the last thing I was about to work on was the GTR for someone, right?

Hey y'all.

I just signed up here specifically to thank all you guys that have submitted tips, tunings and controller/wheel settings. After a little bit of searching on the net and various links from boards, they lead me here and what I found has been incredibly useful. I'll definitely be checking these boards more often. You guys are awesome.

Thanks again.

sorry for the eventually noob question, just for clarify: are these tunes made for ps3 users? I see some Ferrari's maybe all the tunes here are intended for another console/pc? Ferrari's aren't aviable for DLC download at european PSN right? Thanks in advance for the answers ;)
oh, and sorry for my itanglish :D

The setups are universal in nature (PC (assuming you don't have one of the physics mods installed), 360, and PS3) and the Ferrari DLC is a 360-exclusive, not because EA favored MS over Sony or anything like that...but because MS currently holds the Ferrari license and decided to use it in a rather strange way.

The setups are universal in nature (PC (assuming you don't have one of the physics mods installed), 360, and PS3) and the Ferrari DLC is a 360-exclusive, not because EA favored MS over Sony or anything like that...but because MS currently holds the Ferrari license and decided to use it in a rather strange way.

ah ok thanks, for Ferrari's I keep my GT5prologue, and I will wait until november for the other pack :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back