Reputation is dead!

• Thread starter Jordan
  • 122 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well i think its a great idea Jordan. Now all of us are even!!! :D (except the premium members, mods, and admins :banghead:) Well the important thing is now that i don't have to wait for a month or so or have to +rep other people first just to rep the same person again. Now those who i usually +rep would get even more that before :D (as well as people who +repped me :D)

Its really funny now that i get to see who repped me. Somebody repped me in the "HAPPY BIRTHDAY Famine." thread :lol: But really, i always thought i would get more -rep than +rep, but meh, i don't really care if i people respect/ hate me, cause thats just the way i am.... :dopey:

Oh yeah, Jordan, if there is no longer a limit for repping a person, is there any punishment if there are people abusing this?

Now, about those of you who can't see what reputation you have received...hmmm. It should certainly appear on the main My GTPlanet page, directly below your subscribed threads/forums. Are you guys you subscribed to any forums? If not, please just subscribe to one and let me know if it shows up.

Just subscribed to one, and no dice.

I think my number has gone down since the last time we were able to see them. Getting neg-repped by a supermod sucks.
Dude, I took a 300-point hit with the new criteria. Don't worry about it.

I thought the badge was a good idea because it gets people to post better so they could say "Sweeeeet I have a kool badge dude", but the new system is pretty nice!

What is the difference between the green and grey dots in the left hand column?

Neutral reputation? Isn't that a bit redundant?

I really like this. Then again, I never had the green badge. :lol: :ouch:

At first, I was thinking, "Quit whining, Doug. Everybody already recognizes you as a quality poster....". But Cracker does make a good point. New people will not know who M5Power is(it's a bit dorky name, too), and I think it's safe to assume that we'll see a surge of new members coming in, with the release of new GT titles on PS3. Maybe the green badges can surve some purpose...

We've been through several pretty big influxes of new members before without ever having quality post badges, and it went alright. I doubt it would make too much of a difference.

Personally, I don't care too much one way or the other for the badges, I'm fine with them and fine without them. I know the people who make quality posts, and I know the people who post garbage, others will quickly realize as well if they don't already know.

I miss the badge. It took me a good deal of worthy posting to get it. I don't like to see it gone.

I really care very little what people have to say about my posts by viewing my last ten or so rep comments. Au contraire, I was happy making making a few quality posts and to having the badge to prove it.

I still can't see my rep points if I click on My GTPlanet.
OK, I'm really perplexed as to why some of you can't see this. It simply doesn't make any sense. If you guys go down and select the "Mobile" style from the selector at the bottom of the page, then go to My GTPlanet, can you see the new section?

Is this working yet, Jordan?

Your current reputation level is displayed to other users whenever you post a message. If you would like to hide your reputation, disable this option.

It's in the options part of "My GTPlanet" with a check box below it, I'll take a screen shot.

edit:here it is

22441815kh1.jpg

Thanks Sharky.

Jordan, I can see my rep points. I had to "mark" my "Show my reputation Level"

What are "Even" rep points?

Oh, OK, I missed Sharky's post above. I'll need to change that description or remove the option entirely...

I discussed "Even" reputation points in post #22 of this thread.

Now, about those of you who can't see what reputation you have received...hmmm. It should certainly appear on the main My GTPlanet page, directly below your subscribed threads/forums. Are you guys you subscribed to any forums? If not, please just subscribe to one and let me know if it shows up.

For some reason, I'm subscribed to the Gran Turismo 3 forum - just subscribed to Cars in General, too, but I still can't see it.

EDIT: upon clicking "display my reputation," I was able to view it. Problem fixed!

Diego
I miss the badge. It took me a good deal of worthy posting to get it. I don't like to see it gone.

a6m5
I think it's safe to assume that we'll see a surge of new members coming in, with the release of new GT titles on PS3. Maybe the green badges can surve some purpose...

+1 to both. For the record, I was not a quality poster before this - I just liked knowing that YSSMAN was.

Oh, OK, I missed Sharky's post above. I'll need to change that description or remove the option entirely...

I discussed "Even" reputation points in post #22 of this thread.

I knew something about that looked fishy.

Why are some of my reps such as : "great video" (surely positive) not have a green light to say positive?

Alex, this is the "even reputation" that has been discussed. Please see post #22 in this thread.

I always felt of neutral rep / even rep as a cop out. lol

Ok, Sorry.

I understand now, I should have looked harder!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back