Reputation is dead!

• Thread starter Jordan
  • 122 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
This might have been answered but I might have missed it. What was the point of doing away with the old system? I didn't see any flaws in it.
As someone else pointed out, it stopped having any real relevance. I found myself hardly ever (actually, never) paying any attention to the badge, and with the recent drop in post quality it has not proven to be enough reward for as many users as I had hoped.

I can, but I'd rather not post how, should another site anyone is on have a similar system or incase it gives ideas to abuse a system that could potentially come back, same as or modified. I'd like to point out, I didn't abuse the system, but I could see how it could be abused. That all is provided ofcourse that the admin don't have a way of marshalling it, which they might, but I don't know.

I didn't see any way you could abuse the old system though. I mean you had to rep ten others before repping someone again.
Rep 10 random people.

I thought the rep system was a nifty feature, it had its merits but it also had its flaws (created competition to get the QP badge). Farewell, rep system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back