RIDOX Replica Garage Fan Club - Suspended

• Thread starter danbojte
  • 2,328 comments
Just missed you :( I had to go and purchase a new Countach to set-up :mischievous: I already have one with most of the set-up on it (it was @Ridox2JZGTE's entry in FITT Shootout a few months back) but it had an oil-change performed :banghead: Shame, I could have done with picking up some tips :D

It's highly likely that I'll miss next weekend's races anyway :guilty: I have some time off from work this week (after going back in for one night tonight :crazy:) and I'm planning to get away from it all for a few days at least to recharge the old batteries. I'll get both cars built and get some practice in just in case I'm back by then :cheers:

That was a fantastic write-up TL! I almost popped in to watch the race. I really wish I had now... Poor DB. I can't believe first to last on the last lap. I know how he feels though...I remember the enormous lead I had at Monza from the opening lap and I finished 3rd. :mad: :banghead: The last lap is all that matters. Keep yourself in position to pounce and take advantage of it if the door opens. I'm a little shocked that it would happen to someone of DB's caliber though...someone like me? I could ruin a 2 lap lead. :lol: I can't even imagine how long it took you to grab all of those images TL, but that really was a great write-up. Thanks again friend. 👍 And congratulations to you OdeFinn! You have nerves of steel. A true fierce competitor. 👍

@danbojte... I need to ask you a favor, and I hope the other guys don't mind. I see the cars that you've picked for this week's race and, obviously, I'm drooling like Pavlov's dogs over here. I wasn't planning on racing at all for the rest of the month - and I'm also hoping to be knee deep in Assetto Corsa by the end of the week, but if I do decide to race I am asking you for special consideration and allow me to race as an Amateur, disqualified from Championship Points. I can not, in good conscience, enter a race on the very last week of the Championship with so much at stake for some drivers. Of course, I am not saying that I will necessarily come in 1st, 2nd or 3rd place - but crazier things have happened, and I feel that no matter where I might finish, unless it's last place which is a strong possibility, it would be unfair to the drivers who have fought hard all month long. If I were to place above anybody, I may significantly impact their point standing.

I understand it's an unusual request, and if you don't think it's right that I race as an Amateur, prohibited from the Championship standings, I will respect that. I know that all of you are kind and friendly people who are probably thinking "Who cares? We just want to have more racers!", but again, I personally can't allow myself to impact something that people have worked very hard for during the past month. To be honest, that's the only reason I didn't race this past week. I had my car ready and I had been practicing a little bit on my own, but I just didn't think it was right...and I especially don't think it's right on the very last weekend of the month.

Again, I will respect whatever your decision. I know we're all just doing this for the friendly competition and FUN of racing - but we ALL put 100% into our driving because we DO care where we finish.

@danbojte... I need to ask you a favor, and I hope the other guys don't mind. I see the cars that you've picked for this week's race and, obviously, I'm drooling like Pavlov's dogs over here. I wasn't planning on racing at all for the rest of the month - and I'm also hoping to be knee deep in Assetto Corsa by the end of the week, but if I do decide to race I am asking you for special consideration and allow me to race as an Amateur, disqualified from Championship Points. I can not, in good conscience, enter a race on the very last week of the Championship with so much at stake for some drivers. Of course, I am not saying that I will necessarily come in 1st, 2nd or 3rd place - but crazier things have happened, and I feel that no matter where I might finish, unless it's last place which is a strong possibility, it would be unfair to the drivers who have fought hard all month long. If I were to place above anybody, I may significantly impact their point standing.

I understand it's an unusual request, and if you don't think it's right that I race as an Amateur, prohibited from the Championship standings, I will respect that. I know that all of you are kind and friendly people who are probably thinking "Who cares? We just want to have more racers!", but again, I personally can't allow myself to impact something that people have worked very hard for during the past month. To be honest, that's the only reason I didn't race this past week. I had my car ready and I had been practicing a little bit on my own, but I just didn't think it was right...and I especially don't think it's right on the very last weekend of the month.

Again, I will respect whatever your decision. I know we're all just doing this for the friendly competition and FUN of racing - but we ALL put 100% into our driving because we DO care where we finish.
Of course, this is OK and you're more than welcome. :) Even though you can't ruin anyone's points gathered, even with two victories, you can have a Wild Card and race in the Amateur category, without points awarded, if this is the way you'd like. 👍

:cheers:

Last edited:
I just went to try both cars on line, the Countach is a lot more stable for me, it uses the tires less and I seem to get better milage from fuel, also I'm faster with it. The F40 is :crazy:, burnt my tires super fast and it seems to drink gas like an alcoholic, has any one else tried them, I'd like to know if it's my driving style that's giving me these results.

I just went to try both cars on line, the Countach is a lot more stable for me, it uses the tires less and I seem to get better milage from fuel, also I'm faster with it. The F40 is :crazy:, burnt my tires super fast and it seems to drink gas like an alcoholic, has any one else tried them, I'd like to know if it's my driving style that's giving me these results.
It's... the two cars are different. You need to treat them accordingly. Have patience with them. ;) 👍

I've not tried the Countach in this version yet, but I recall from the FITT version that is was a super smooth drive and pretty hard to lose control of 👍 Obviously I didn't run it with ABS off and tyre wear on, but I wouldn't be surprised to find it better on the tyres and fuel. The F40 on the other hand is an animal of a machine :crazy: I had a brief run out on one of the seasonal events a month or two back with one of them (can't recall which version, sorry) and :eek: smoke, slide, more smoke, crash was the pattern I recall from it :lol: It's a super sensitive car and was extremely hard for me to control with my old X and [ ] controls.

It's... the two cars are different. You need to treat them accordingly. Have patience with them. ;) 👍
Well I can tell you off hand that if I had to pick just one off the two I'd choose the Countach, I'm seeing myself doing 2 pit stops with either cars, I don't know how much practice I'll be able to put but it will most likely be on the F40 since it will need it the most. I know you're going to go with 1 stop only :lol:, this is going to be one of those races :crazy:.

I've not tried the Countach in this version yet, but I recall from the FITT version that is was a super smooth drive and pretty hard to lose control of 👍 Obviously I didn't run it with ABS off and tyre wear on, but I wouldn't be surprised to find it better on the tyres and fuel. The F40 on the other hand is an animal of a machine :crazy: I had a brief run out on one of the seasonal events a month or two back with one of them (can't recall which version, sorry) and :eek: smoke, slide, more smoke, crash was the pattern I recall from it :lol: It's a super sensitive car and was extremely hard for me to control with my old X and [ ] controls.

Definitely the Countach is way smoother and easier to drive, just making it to the 10 minute mark on SS is a challenge.:lol:

Well I can tell you off hand that if I had to pick just one off the two I'd choose the Countach, I'm seeing myself doing 2 pit stops with either cars, I don't know how much practice I'll be able to put but it will most likely be on the F40 since it will need it the most. I know you're going to go with 1 stop only :lol:, this is going to be one of those races :crazy:.
The Countach would be my choice as well. 👍 About the pit stops, I have no idea yet. :rolleyes: We are free to chose from any of the Sports Tyres again so, many strategy scenarios could be possible?! :odd: :)

Last edited:
I need more money, I'm running low on cash.. Maybe some weekly seasonal helps. Need to buy/tune/test and practise with those.. Ferrari I might have on garage..

Used my seat time on Evora replica, pretty cool result actually, few last fine tunes to it and having standard Evora, standard Evora with sportpack and Evora S. Just win online Nordschleife race with sportpack version against good Evora driver with good tune applied on it.
Maybe this Evora could be guest star here?
Evora Replica for fun, 277hp/346Nm/457pp/1382kg Standard Evora
101/123
7.44/9.67 (500lb/ft - 650lb/ft)
8/7
6/6
5/5
0.3/1.6
0.00/+0.13
5/5 brake bias, standard brakes

Gearbox 300kmh
3.777 Final gear

15/27/19 15/27/16 LSD

All power parts on stock, no oil change.

Ballast
52kg on position -3

for Evora equipped with "sportpack" install:
Semi-racing exhaust
Catalytic converter: sports
It will get more rpm and more power, after change its 311hp/367Nm/473pp/1382kg

Evora S - replica 347hp/408Nm/485pp/1437kg
As Lotus engineers said, they didn't change a lot on chassis of Evora for S model, just stiffer dampers and thicker rear anti-roll bar, so that's my guide line to follow and here's results.
Power matched to real life, no supercharger available so putting other stuff in.

101/123
7.44/9.67 (500lb/ft - 650lb/ft)
10/9
7/7
5/6
0.3/1.6
0.00/+0.13
5/5 brake bias, standard brakes

Gearbox 300kmh (made without power upgrades)
3.777 Final gear

15/27/19 15/27/16 LSD

no oil change.
Semi-racing exhaust
Isometric exhaust manifold
Catalytic converter: sports
Intake tuning

Ballast
107kg on position +3 (This is positive, standard had negative)

All made on stock wheels, using sports hard compound.
What is not stated here is left on stock.

Weight distribution is slightly off on S, ~39/61 would be correct for S, not sure about standard. Suspension(dampers/arb) need to be redone if applying that on S. So letting it be as is until time to fix it.
Gearbox 5th and 6th gears aren't fine imo, done by calculating due double final gear irl, not 100% accurate, needs maybe small tweaking.
Toyota EA60 gearbox with short ratio gears.
Nitron track day suspension with F/R 500lb/ft - 650lb/ft springs.
Quaife helical LSD. Works like Torsen, smooth, tried to get feeling there :)

@Ridox2JZGTE could you help, 1.5mm toe per side, 661.11mm diameter on wheel. I'm flipping numbers with my phone.. 0.13 or 0.04?
Solved, 0.13 correct.

Last edited:
I'm struggling with rear toe.. 0.04 and it's feeling great on standard.. But on S it scraps bit.. Need seat time on PC.. Jumping between screens and copy paste on phone is so annoying.. Not sure did I made calculation mistake on 0.13 toe, should it be 0.04..
Trying to calc again :)

Aah.. Problem solved, I was counting right, manual counting x2, calculation sheet x2 (easier made me sure)
Answer 0.13

http://www.furybusa.org.uk/camber.php
http://joyfulcoder.net/sohcahtoa/

Last edited:
Practically jumping around and smiling.. Thanks @ALB123 and @Ridox2JZGTE, I got idea for AVIA calibration CD from you, and s.. F.. It's making me -piip- on my pants..
Picture, who gives a...
Calibrated my 5.1 earphones with it.. Tested by driving Nordschleife around with my Evora STANDARD replica, no power parts installed.. People people, what sounds, GT6 has better sounds than I could EVER imagine. I was just cruising around and wondering where in the ... this sound started to come, beautiful exhaust sounds, ears pegging to rev high, and bass sounds there, like it would sound in real life.. Wtf, they didn't update sound in last hour, that's in there, but you have to calibrate your speakers "perfectly" to let those combined sounds to come thru.. Holy s..
Now smoking and I'm not sure if I have balls to test with upgraded Evora, it has semi-racing exhaust, and if standard makes me s... Wtf..

I'll bet at pd uses similar channel mixing as those "brain wave"simulation sounds are using. Nothing else explains this.

I don't know if this is placebo effect or what, but I swear I tend to drive better when I'm using my headphones. I swear that my ears can pickup subtle differences in tire squeal quicker or something. It is definitely true, as @OdeFinn says, that the headphones bombard your senses in a positive way. You really do hear and feel the game differently.

I don't always slap my headphones on, but when I do, I just know that I'm going to enjoy my driving session!! :D

I also use headphones ( Phillips ) at times, straight from Harman/Kardon AVR, used Dolby Bypass mode :D Very atmospheric sounds indeed, especially on games like Dead Space, Aliens Colonial Marines, Metal Gear Solid V etc. GTA V also rocks on headphone :lol:

I have been breaking in my tv with slides the past few days :( still about 100 hours now :grumpy: Will need about 200 hours at least :(

IE now there is clearly audible flapping reverb noise coming from exhaust when doing engine braking, tested with clutch, and it's there, only when engine braking, whole exhaust sounds as it should.. This is crazy.. tyre screaming is dropped there where it should be, on "far away" corners of car, not coming over other sounds etc.. I'm in love..

Picture isn't bad either, small tuning to it happened during setup session with AVIA, really prefer to spent few dollars to it, more or less if you're having 5.1 theatre, or earphones as i do, these are "real" 5.1, Sharkoon xtatic, 4 speakers per ear.

Oh, and no more transmission whine coming over.. Oooh

Oh boy.. I'll try to record this somehow, this beats all game sounds what I have heard on YouTube, pcars, assetto etc.. Holy...

No way to record with phone, I need my microphone+ microphone amplifier set, takes few days.. But will do it, coz bass is making only wind noise now on phone mics.
Sound test #1:
Sound test #2:

Last edited:
@danbojte made small adjustment to Evora LSD, now it's not so harsh on brake side, leaves throttle steering there, but makes driving more smoother and enjoyable.
15/27/16 as last change to it. Now I'm pretty happy with results, all models are fine for CS compound and above.

Edit: about upcoming Italia race, would it be better to run Lamborghini against Lamborghini and same with Ferrari? Those are in so different leagues, other can do 5-7 race pace laps and another does same pace till needing more fuel..

Last edited:
Here's my entries.
Syracuse - Night.jpg

I had been testing the F40 and I was really doing bad :grumpy:, yesterday I tried the Countach, after 1 race session and half I had my strategy all done for it. Came back to try the F40 today and I had a revelation :eek:, it's still not as fast as the Countach but it is close, also my previous plan was to make 2 pits tops with SS since driving with SM and SH proved hazardous for my mental health :crazy:, well after trying a few things and adjusting my driving style I was able to make consistant laps and close to the times I was getting with the Lamborghini, got it down to 1 pit stop but I have to deal with 1 tire going down to 3 :scared:, kind of fun though, just a little to much gas on the exit and you're facing the wrong way ;).

Edit: about upcoming Italia race, would it be better to run Lamborghini against Lamborghini and same with Ferrari? Those are in so different leagues, other can do 5-7 race pace laps and another does same pace till needing more fuel..

I'd rather go as the original plan was, I don't think I can beat you, @danbojte or @RMan72 if you guys are in the Countach and I'm in the F40, but I do have a slight chance at winning if it's the opposite :sly:, so for me getting 2x 4th or 5th place and getting 1st, 2nd place and a 4th 5th place the choice is really easy :lol:. If ever Dan goes with the same make race I'll abide to it 👍, if he goes the original way I'll also abide to it, :cheers:.

I'd rather go as the original plan was, I don't think I can beat you, @danbojte or @RMan72 if you guys are in the Countach and I'm in the F40, but I do have a slight chance at winning if it's the opposite :sly:, so for me getting 2x 4th or 5th place and getting 1st, 2nd place and a 4th 5th place the choice is really easy :lol:. If ever Dan goes with the same make race I'll abide to it 👍, if he goes the original way I'll also abide to it, :cheers:.
Understand your point, then it will be fine for me. That F40 is just loser against Lambo and if that's ok to all then we'll go as is. Gonna try some brake balance tweaking with Ferrari if getting even slight changes to fight against Lambo. Pit crew will do work for their salary, spraying those little muses from rear tires, those really like fresh rubber, eating like never seen fat Ferrari tire before..

I want red Ferrari.

Last edited:
Wow, never thought the F40 Taisan would be less competitive against the Rain X Countach :eek: Totally opposite of the real life back in early 90's, where the Countach was struggling even to stay in top ten ...and the F40 often gave a good fight on top five cars.

Wow, never thought the F40 Taisan would be less competitive against the Rain X Countach :eek: Totally opposite of the real life back in early 90's, where the Countach was struggling even to stay in top ten ...and the F40 often gave a good fight on top five cars.
I think this particular layout is better suited for the Rain X Countach. I wonder if things would be different around Red Bull Ring (Full), for instance...

We'll stick with the initial plan, with free choice of which car you'll start. It will make the things interesting... :sly: 👍

Back