RIDOX Replica Garage Fan Club - Suspended

• Thread starter danbojte
  • 2,328 comments
To all of my good friends, I've just got the news that I have a large tumor (cancer) in the lung region, I still have a few more tests and scans to pass to find out what kind and if there are more. My final exam should be the 18th, so I'm not really sure if I'll be able to be there on the 19th, I still don't know if or when they will start treatment, but if I can make it you can bet your Gluteus maximus :D that I'll be there to win.

Basically this is why I have been less active for the last 6 months, energy level is running low most of the time and so has my humor.

So just in case I don't get to say a farewell because of things going out of my control, just want to say I really appreciate (notice I didn't use the past tense because I'm not dead yet :P) the time I have spent with all of you here at GTP and with the grace of god (or me :lol:) we'll still share some numerous good times together. Love you all - Francis

PS: If someone is wondering why I posted this here (I asked myself the same bloody question) it's just this is where I was at that moment.

PS2: Keep treating me as you always did, no special favors or ...:mischievous:

PS3: Just turned it on 👍.

PS4: On my x-mass list with GT7 :cool:.

My prayers for your health tests and recovery ( I'm sure the doctors will be giving their best to heal you :P ), never give up :) You have many friends here supporting and cheering for you :D

Ok, I'll test that quickly on there, already tested on Mt Panorama where it really fly.

@TurnLeft http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threa...tus-evora-replica.321014/page-2#post-10935967
There is Evora tunes, few posts later Elise. Soon there will be that '96 racecar Elise.
Well I did test them but it seems my feedback has come to late since the cars have already been picked :lol:. No matter I'm going to enjoy them that I know for sure 👍. I preferred the first two, the 3rd one with the different weight balance and higher power was a bit of a struggle, so I would have picked that one just to have a good challenge :).

I wish you all the Good Health in the World, my Good Friend. You're a great warrior on the track so you have to fight and Win!
Thanks Dan, and I sure damn will ;) , there were some very dark moments, cried like a little kid , but once the storm past I've gotten back on track :D, there will be more times when I will doubt but I'll fight those off and keep the best attitude I can.

@RMan72
Thanks my friend, but seriously I think 3CP0 might find it a little warm here, we've been getting temperatures between 25 and 30 celcius for the last 2 weeks :lol:, I'd really rather have your new co-pilot, I never seem to get enough of the most beautiful things

@TurnLeft keep your mental side positive as you ever can, that's important on fights like that. Mental side makes body physical side work, so keep defences up by it.
Good luck with your fight!

Thanks buddy :bowdown:, we haven't really started out on the right foot you and me :rolleyes:, but you should know that I have an immense respect for you, and what you say about the mental pushing the physical is absolutely right, I've gone back to training, be it that my performances are somewhat very under par but I'm pushing it to the best of my energy. I was put on sick leave but I've worked out a schedule to go back to work doing less hours so i can recuperate better. I'll be attacking your MLSD theory very soon and will tell you the results first hand 👍.

@TurnLeft I am so sorry to hear this news from you. In the time that I've had to get to know you here on GTPlanet, I can honestly say that you're one of the good guys... 👍 And I am better off for having become your friend. Keep fighting Francis.

-Chris

Thanks Chris, you've been more than an inspiration for me :bowdown:, I know part of what you go through regularly and if I can do half of what you do I'll make it through for sure. By the way I've missed you in our races but I understand you doing other things as well, hope to see you on the track again at some point in the future :).

My prayers for your health tests and recovery ( I'm sure the doctors will be giving their best to heal you :P ), never give up :) You have many friends here supporting and cheering for you :D
Thanks my old friend :), I can't go now because I still have too many things I want to accomplish, so your going to have to put up with my endless questions for awhile :eek:.

@danbojte , are you going to put the track in the events soon? Also from whatching the last videos @Ridox2JZGTE has posted it gave me an idea, I know it wouldn't be a fare race but it would be so cool recreating those races with those cars, just for the shear pleasure of driving different cars, and especially being on the track with all of you.

Ok, just so you see that I'm taking it in good spirits, my wife took a picture of me as I came out from the
Bronchoscopy I had this morning.
IMG_0538.JPG

yeah I was still under anesthesia, and a bit wobbly, and quite a bit giggly :lol:. If someone had taken a picture before when they were sticking needles in me it would have looked like
stunned_-300x169.jpg
, felt like I was lined up to be slaughtered :lol:.

:cheers:

@danbojte , are you going to put the track in the events soon? Also from whatching the last videos @Ridox2JZGTE has posted it gave me an idea, I know it wouldn't be a fare race but it would be so cool recreating those races with those cars, just for the shear pleasure of driving different cars, and especially being on the track with all of you.
Yes, my friend, I'll setup the event as soon as I can, I'm sorry. I'm pretty nervous these days because my daughter will travel to UK to study at the University of Derby. This imply some quite complex actions (I mean Headache) and all. :crazy:
Beside that, of course a lot of other things makes me crazy.

If you can believe it, I haven't watched those videos yet. Of course we can do those races. Just let me know what cars and track and we'll do it.

Nice picture Fran (the first one :) ), really. 👍 It's nice to meet you. ;)

Edit: Event created. 👍

Last edited:
Well I did test them but it seems my feedback has come to late since the cars have already been picked :lol:. No matter I'm going to enjoy them that I know for sure 👍. I preferred the first two, the 3rd one with the different weight balance and higher power was a bit of a struggle, so I would have picked that one just to have a good challenge :).

Made choice what suits best for all, first learning low powered Elise on Laguna Seca, then jumping on higher temper Elise on same track. Find good onboard videos for learning car and track, that was biggest reason for Elise and Laguna Seca.
Elise is just own world of driving, acceleration on 3rd gear from low speed sounds and feel stupid, but actually it's quicker on many places than dropping to 2nd and back 3rd, that unnecessary gear change costs a lot time, and it's easier to steer on 3rd.

Thanks buddy :bowdown:, we haven't really started out on the right foot you and me :rolleyes:, but you should know that I have an immense respect for you, and what you say about the mental pushing the physical is absolutely right, I've gone back to training, be it that my performances are somewhat very under par but I'm pushing it to the best of my energy. I was put on sick leave but I've worked out a schedule to go back to work doing less hours so i can recuperate better. I'll be attacking your MLSD theory very soon and will tell you the results first hand 👍.

Don't remember any foot, just keep right foot on bottom and both above ground.

BMW 2002 turbo '73 on finalizing phase, actually ready, but making full race setup as optional too.
Replica way build, really interesting car, first time this car really goes like it should.
New digging @Ridox2JZGTE garage if he has made something out of same car..
3002 there.. Clear to go :)

Test runs on Nordschleife were 8:49 cs stock power.
8:17 cs / boosted power to 450pp
8:02 sh / -"-

Last edited:
Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione

Hi my friends. If you have this replica prepared and have the mood for racing, I'll open a room for Sunday casual 30 km races on different tracks, first session available until 13:00 GMT (due to the Blancpain Sprint Live Race) and maybe a scond session from 15:00 GMT. But first I have to prepare the car myself too. ;)

Last edited:
EVENT: Feat. LOTUS/Laguna Seca, September 19

View attachment 439592View attachment 440039

CARS Offered by O.D. Engineering (@OdeFinn ):

Car 1: Lotus Elise S2 111R - Realworld Replica
Car 2: Lotus Elise S1 Racecar '96 - "Replica"

Car 1/Race 1
Car 2/Race 2

Racing Number (5 points Penalty if missing)

Base: Type E
Typeface: Type A
Number: Your Reserved Number

ALL SETTINGS MUST BE FOLLOWED EXACTLY!*

*FREE CHOICE: Colors & Brakes ONLY!

TRACK:
View attachment 440039

Races: 2 x 30 min, 60 min between Starts

Penalty: Weak, Tyre/Fuel Depletion: Very Fast, Mechanical Damage: Light, Driving Options: No Aids/ABS,Minimum No. of Pit Stops: 0

Track limits
- The track area is delimited always by the continuous white lines painted on both sides of the track.

- The white lines defining the track edges are considered to be part of the track.

- You are required to keep always at least two wheels inside the track area.
Race 1 Start Type and Grid Order
Rolling Start - Single File: Reverse Grid Based on the Championship Standings

- After the START signal we'll line-up slowly, as single-file, on the left side of the track and Stop.

- The last position's driver will check if everybody has lined-up and will give 3 horn signals. The Pole Sitter will drive at 80 kph speed limit and each car will follow, without overtaking. The cars movement has to be fluent.

- The Race will Start for each racer after hitting the first corner's apex (or other point will be specified).
Race 2 Start Type and Grid Order
Grid Start with False Start Check: Reverse Grid Based on Race 1 Results

The new entrants, DNF-ers and DQ'd will start from the back of the Grid, in the order they will Enter the Event in Community Section.

Race 1 Provisional Starting Grid:

1. #46 @Thorin Cain
  2. #27 @RMan72
  3. #69 @TurnLeft
  4. #_7 @danbojte
  5. #81 @OdeFinn

#_3 @ALB123
#_4 @DaBomm4
#11 @Ridox2JZGTE
#21 @joaosoarescso
#44 @Brewguy44
#45 @Lionheart2113
#54 @Lewis_Hamilton_
#89 @BadgerVadge

Anybody may enter the Championship anytime. Race when you want or can.

Important!

- NAT type 2 - From XMB - Go to Network - Test Internet connection - make sure you have a NAT type 2connection.

- Clear the System Cache - From GT6 - Go to Menu - Options - Network - Clear System Cache.

- Double Check - Please, Double Check the Settings and the Rules.

- Join Early - The Races will Start on Time! The Room will be opened 30 min or earlier, before the Race Start. Join early, to take your time to solve the possible Connection issues.

Please read and follow the CLUB RULES

Schedule - Sat, September 19 12:00 GMT JOIN

Results:

Race 1

Race 2

Replay Files Download

Come back often to this post to stay up-to-date!

Did I miss something but what are the tires to be used? ;)

Thank you buddy, I'll start practicing, this is one of those tracks that give me a lot of problems, especially the cork screw :crazy:, and the first and last curves, I'll be there on the 19th :).
Lift throttle during shifting bigger gear and "floor" after change. This makes driving a lot easier.

I tried the first Elise in the room and it's pretty fun, too bad you don't get extra points from drifting :lol:. Looks like tire wear won't be much of an issue with CS, not sure about fuel because I didn't do enough consecutive laps as I was adjusting the BB, if anyone wants to drive out with someone next week (me) I'm pretty much free if I know a day in advance, I'll work my schedule accordingly. 👍

I tried the first Elise in the room and it's pretty fun, too bad you don't get extra points from drifting :lol:. Looks like tire wear won't be much of an issue with CS, not sure about fuel because I didn't do enough consecutive laps as I was adjusting the BB, if anyone wants to drive out with someone next week (me) I'm pretty much free if I know a day in advance, I'll work my schedule accordingly. 👍
I have planned to build the two LOTUS tomorrow, so probably we'll meet on the track, my friend. ;) 👍

@TurnLeft & @danbojte was car driveable?
The street Elise is very fun and should be easy for all the regulars to drive it. The Race Elise took me a bit of time to apprehend it, getting the right BB is important especially when you brake going into the cork screw section. I was on track with @danbojte & @RMan72 and they were really flying on the track, if I remember right my steady pace was around 1:35.500, Best Lap was in the 1:34.600 , Dan was a little more than 1 second faster and RMan was even faster. The car can be slippery on some points of the track but in general it was pretty damn good 👍.

We have used the Racing one. And yes, it works nice. 👍

Also I must announce that it seems I will not be available this Saturday neither. :grumpy:

It would be better for us to think about to move our regular Races in a working day/night if we can find a convenient schedule for all.

I'm presently on sick leave from work so I can most likely adjust to whatever you guys want, 9:00PM GMT is the limit for me, no gas left at that point :lol:, and on the 21st and the 23rd I'm not available. After the 23rd I have no idea what's going to be my available time. :cheers:

Back