RKM Motorsport - Tuned Tuners - May '13

I'll be fair but equally critical. :D and break each down, what's right and wrong with them, if you like them that's fine. I'm only going to treat the Tunes with as much respect as they have shown my Tunes. I will review them but won't drive any. Kinda like RJ criticizing my Tunes without ever driving any of them.

Well that's hardly fair! It was only RJ who mucked up your thread, Roj had nothing to do with it. So even if you were going to review each and every tune (w/o driving it?!?! Please teach me how to do that, I really really really want to know how) with the same 'harsh' (correct me here) tone, leave everyone who didn't have anything to do with it out of it. And 'treating the Tunes with as much respect as they have shown my Tunes'…that worries me most as they (or RJ, rather) just poked at the faults they/he see…it'll be interesting, but I still have a bad feeling this can only end very badly with a lot of 🤬's, a few moderators and quite a lot of infractions and possibly even bans being handed out. Hopefully your idea of 'fair but equally critical' isn't like RJ's view of that phrase…

Thank you for sharing these settings VTiRoj 👍 It's really cool, they are very effective.
Have a nice day

RKM Motorsport’s Rotary Junkie’s Roj’s Golf

RJsGolf.jpg

RJsGolf_Big.jpg

Based on: Volkswagen Golf GTI ‘01
Obtained: Brand new model at Volkswagen

Drivetrain: FF
Horsepower: 318 BHP (@ 139.6 miles)
Torque:---- 35 kgfm
Weight:---- 980 kg
PP:-------- 502

PARTS
GT Auto

Oil Change
Racing Modifications
BBS LM-R Wheels

Tuning Shop
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports ECU
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Titanium Racing Exhaust
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Catalytic Converter: Sports
High RPM Range Turbo Kit
Fully Customisable Transmission
Twin Plate Clutch
Semi Racing Flywheel
Fully Customisable LSD
Fully Customisable Suspension Kit
Sports Soft Tyres

SETUP

Body/Chassis
Aerodynamics

Downforce: 15/25

Ballast
Amount:-- 0
Position: 0

Engine
Power Limiter

Power Level: 100.0%

Transmission
Transmission

(Set Max Speed, then each individual ratio.)
1st:-- 2.742
2nd:-- 1.844
3rd:-- 1.375
4th:-- 1.066
5th:-- 0.861
Final: 3.840
Max Speed: 174 MPH

Drivetrain
Differential

Initial: 11/0
Accel:-- 35/0
Braking: 9/0

Suspension
Suspension

Ride Height: -25/-25
Spring Rate: 11.6/4.5
Extension:-- 8/4
Compression: 6/5
Anti-Roll:-- 3/2
Camber:----- 1.9/1.6
Toe:-------- –0.20/-0.05

Brakes
Brake Balance Controller

Brake Balance: 7/9

Intended Driving Options
Transmission: Manual (MT)
ABS: 1
Everything else: OFF

Tuner Comments:
I was in the market for a Golf and this guy called Rotary Junkie had one up for trade. We struck a deal and I walked away with a hot little Golf. It already had the work done to it, racing modifications included, so I gave it new paint, some new wheels and started messing around with it. After changing suspension, gearbox and LSD settings, the Golf was faster overall compared to before. It easily gobbled up an R8 and a couple of M5’s around the Nurburgring.

24th Feb 2011 - Transmission & ballast/power settings.

Lol too late, I've done most of them already :D only got 12 (?) left to review, most are for RJ.
And none of us mind if you review the tunes, but if you're using the tunes as an excuse to rile RJ up, then don't bother. Using something we all acknowledge to be good and then making a big deal of downsides is no worse than me trashing the R35. You remember that right?

He can't rile me. He's blocked. I can't see what he's whining.

The mods on the other hand can. So I get a feeling he won't be around much longer. And quick note, my criticism's been towards about 4 tunes and I never bothered to mention anything about how his CT230R he just went nuts over is doing most stuff wrong. Cos, you know, I thought we could get past that. I was wrong.

Hmm…I dunno…I have a feeling that it'll be better if we have a moderator 'looking after' this place on occasion, just to make sure things don't descend into anarchy like last night…maybe just me though…

Edit: How do you 'block' people? I'm still new so please bare with my noobish lack of knowledge on these things…

He can't rile me. He's blocked. I can't see what he's whining.

The mods on the other hand can. So I get a feeling he won't be around much longer. And quick note, my criticism's been towards about 4 tunes and I never bothered to mention anything about how his CT230R he just went nuts over is doing most stuff wrong. Cos, you know, I thought we could get past that. I was wrong.

Yeah, did you see his video of that thing? I can only assume it's a drift tune with how much smoke came from the tires at every turn. Hopefully it'll come with a disclaimer that prevents anyone from trying to use it in an online room with tire wear on. :crazy:

Edit@Onboy: Click on the user name. Once the page loads, under their name you'll see 'User List', click it to open a drop down menu, and select 'Add to ignore list'.

Yeah, did you see his video of that thing? I can only assume it's a drift tune with how much smoke came from the tires at every turn. Hopefully it'll come with a disclaimer that prevents anyone from trying to use it in an online room with tire wear on. :crazy:

Well RJ's CT230R did pretty much the same thing in a 20 lap online race on Tokyo, although it only started smoking after 3 laps…

Hmm…I dunno…I have a feeling that it'll be better if we have a moderator 'looking after' this place on occasion, just to make sure things don't descend into anarchy like last night…maybe just me though…

Edit: How do you 'block' people? I'm still new so please bare with my noobish lack of knowledge on these things…

My GTPlanet -> Edit Ignore List (on the left).

The one I did for Onboy will let you send smoke everywhere too... Except it'll pull out with either all 4 spinning or hook and go, most of the loose is off throttle/under braking. Oh and it has a massive turn of pace for not-a-JGTC-car.

Well RJ's CT230R did pretty much the same thing in a 20 lap online race on Tokyo, although it only started smoking after 3 laps…

Keep in mind that Tokyo only has about 4-5 corners where the tire issue could come into play, making it far more likely to last an extended amount of laps. Most other tracks don't share that characteristic.

Keep in mind that Tokyo only has about 4-5 corners where the tire issue could come into play, making it far more likely to last an extended amount of laps. Most other tracks don't share that characteristic.

There's also the bit where Onboy mentioned he liked loose cars... So the CT230R got equal downforce front/rear. Very loose on entry, particularly at higher speeds. Easy to fix but god it's fun like that. I should have him PM me the settings so I can actually release it (hint).

Offline fun and online effectiveness are worlds apart ;)
The difference lies in how said tuner presents said tune. (hint)

Goodnight ladies!

There's also the bit where Onboy mentioned he liked loose cars... So the CT230R got equal downforce front/rear. Very loose on entry, particularly at higher speeds. Easy to fix but god it's fun like that. I should have him PM me the settings so I can actually release it (hint).

Didn't you write the settings down? And I screwed up the gearbox settings a while back, so I've done my best to put it back to the way you sent it to me by using the same method you used in the 22B.

Offline fun and online effectiveness are worlds apart ;)
The difference lies in how said tuner presents said tune. (hint)

Trust me, it's not as though I don't know that. ;)

@Onboy: I'll have Roj go through the gears on it anyway, I just need the suspension and diff setup really. I don't write anything down if I don't have to. Which is probably why there's a fair few cars that could've been released by me but haven't been since my PS3 went down.

I'll be fair but equally critical. :D and break each down, what's right and wrong with them, if you like them that's fine. I'm only going to treat the Tunes with as much respect as they have shown my Tunes. I will review them but won't drive any. Kinda like RJ criticizing my Tunes without ever driving any of them.
"They?" I didn't say a thing in your thread. Have fun wasting your time though, it's faster to click the yellow triangle beside your posts than to reply to you.
Thank you for sharing these settings VTiRoj 👍 It's really cool, they are very effective.
Have a nice day

Thank you! :D

"They?" I didn't say a thing in your thread. Have fun wasting your time though, it's faster to click the yellow triangle beside your posts than to reply to you.

Wow, it's rare to see you so serious, or rather it's my first time seeing you serious…

Has anyone actually noticed the post count??? It's over 3000!!! :indiff: It's all No_OBsT33R fault for making us forget. :grumpy:

And you got the first post of 3000! But I got the 3000th post :D God time goes quickly, a month ago, we were all running around with our hands in the air because RKM hit the 2000th post mark, now a barely 2 months later, we've hit the 3000th mark. So only fitting that I get a gift of sorts like Fishywtv (sorry, forgot your name) did :D

Wow, it's rare to see you so serious, or rather it's my first time seeing you serious…
I like bunnies.
And you got the first post of 3000! But I got the 3000th post :D God time goes quickly, a month ago, we were all running around with our hands in the air because RKM hit the 2000th post mark, now a barely 2 months later, we've hit the 3000th mark. So only fitting that I get a gift of sorts like Fishywtv (sorry, forgot your name) did :D

Fishy got fish treats. You can have a hat, I'll find a hat and post it soon. :D:tup:

Actually Noobster got it, but since he's a bit (an understatement, maybe?) of an unpopular character around here, I took the liberty of taking his place :D
And by 'what does a hat have to do with anything', Fishy got fishy treats because of his name (I think), so what does a hat have anything to do with me?! (Unless you're saying I'm 'as mad as a hatter', then it sort of makes sense…)

Actually Noobster got it, but since he's a bit (an understatement, maybe?) of an unpopular character around here, I took the liberty of taking his place :D
And by 'what does a hat have to do with anything', Fishy got fishy treats because of his name (I think), so what does a hat have anything to do with me?! (Unless you're saying I'm 'as mad as a hatter', then it sort of makes sense…)

Fair enough. :P

If you wear the hat, you'll be HatOnboy. Hat on boy. See what I did there? :D

You might want to edit that post. There's no reason to miss out a full stop.

Last edited:
What are you talking about? I just answered your silly little wordplay thingy… :D
Edit: Ah, careless mistake :D keep forgetting that I'm not talking to my schoolmates on ichat…

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back