RKM Motorsport - Tuned Tuners - May '13

I did some Le Mans racing today online. I used RJ's 908.

That thing is FAST. It's cornering abilities are insane, and it never loses traction when hauling ass around... anywhere. Acceleration is brilliant (I just changed final drive to around 2.490) on corner exits. Notable exception though, low speed corners. It's pickup after low speed corners is a little weak (787B is brilliant here). I was easily able to pass on the outside on the chicanes, and it held it's line very well. Braking is epic, I was able to brake from 380 in the small right turn before the very VERY low speed Mulsanne corner. It takes the Porsche Curves and the Tetre Rouge so brilliantly... I just love this car.

I have both 908s and obviously the tune works well on both. I don't really have anything bad to say about it.

Slow corner exit on the 908 takes a back seat to the 787B for a few reasons... One is the diff, another is the weight, and then there's the power delivery.

The 787B can actually be controlled when the rears both let go thanks to having a proper LSD rather than a nearly open diff and the point where it does let go is a lot wider with more warning. To keep the 908 from snapping sideways I just nuked the diff resulting in earlier wheelspin but no instant death experiences.

Is that girl your girlfriend? :D And NO I DO NOT LIKE PASSIONATE PINK FOR THE ATTENTION!!! Though it is starting to grow on me, I admit...am I turning gay?!?!?
You're either turning gay, or you're comfortable with your sexuality to the point where you can act gay and not feel gay. If that makes sense.

I don't know about other girls but my girlfriend likes the fact that I like pink, yellow, purple (actually one of my favourite colours now) and all the other "girly" colours. So maybe you can use your new fondness of pink to your advantage when it's time to meet Ongirl123. :P
And then we disguise as GTP bronies and say that because of our love of Pinkie Pie, we spread the word of RKM's new 380RS tune to the JDM community. Ain't that cute... :embarrassed:

By the way Roj, expect a review of teh NSX soonish, it's got a new Lime Green Metallic paintjob to reflect it's Honda-ness and it wasn't really in a "proper" review. The shootout was just a shootout. Or maybe a "revisit", just like the R34? Maybe, but I hope you got my point.
Oh I'm totally a Brony. :lol: If the pony reaction pictures haven't made you notice yet. :P

I get your point, looking forward to it. :D

Is that girl your girlfriend? :D And NO I DO NOT LIKE PASSIONATE PINK FOR THE ATTENTION!!! Though it is starting to grow on me, I admit...am I turning gay?!?!?

No, just Japanese... Pink doesn't bear the same stigmas there as in the rest of the world.

Oh yes, this thread has gotten alot less spammy :rolleyes:
:sly:

Oh yes, why, I haven't noticed any spam at all.

But apart from the spamming, and sorry to just pop in and say: "Hey! That tune you made was so awesome" and then nothing else. But unless I do a big review sometime, I'll just say that the 908 Killer Whale setup is just amazing. It's probably one of the first tunes that makes me feel "safe" driving such a high-powered car. Not to mention how fast it is. Great work on it. I'll perhaps do a full review on it one day.

So maybe you can use your new fondness of pink to your advantage when it's time to meet Ongirl123. :P

WHAT?!? LOL! That made me laugh! Thank you Roj for nearly putting me in detention -.-

Last edited:
Hey guys, thought I would just drop some feedback on your Spoon CRZ tune as I have been throwing it around online and offline all night.

I'm impressed, the original car lacked something, it was dull and unfinished. Slow and boring. But with your tune the car just seems to come to life. The turn in isn't as sharp as I like and I can feel some understeer when turning hard but I guess these may just be the flaws of the FF drivetrain which I don't often use.

Power is good with the extra boost bringing it to a level which is fun and exciting in a lower class of car such as the CRZ. Racing in some 450pp races online and I found it to be competitive but driver error was to blame for not picking up a first. I managed a 0:42.519 around Autumn Ring Mini in the CRZ after around 7 laps of hard work.

Overall an awesome little car which can bring a smile to your face if your racing or just cruising online. It has taught me to respect and appreciate the FF drivetrain much more.

Cheers fellas.

WHAT?!? LOL! That made me laugh! Thank you Roj for nearly putting me in detention -.-
Stop browsing GTP when you're supposed to be learning. :P
Hey guys, thought I would just drop some feedback on your Spoon CRZ tune as I have been throwing it around online and offline all night.

I'm impressed, the original car lacked something, it was dull and unfinished. Slow and boring. But with your tune the car just seems to come to life. The turn in isn't as sharp as I like and I can feel some understeer when turning hard but I guess these may just be the flaws of the FF drivetrain which I don't often use.

Power is good with the extra boost bringing it to a level which is fun and exciting in a lower class of car such as the CRZ. Racing in some 450pp races online and I found it to be competitive but driver error was to blame for not picking up a first. I managed a 0:42.519 around Autumn Ring Mini in the CRZ after around 7 laps of hard work.

Overall an awesome little car which can bring a smile to your face if your racing or just cruising online. It has taught me to respect and appreciate the FF drivetrain much more.

Cheers fellas.

Thank you! 👍 It takes a bit of tuning to bring out the CR-Z's ability. It's way too underpowered when stock so you have no idea what the chassis is capable of. Glad you enjoyed the car!

Stop browsing GTP when you're supposed to be learning. :P

It was just stuff about sex (I kid you not, we were doing things with condoms and sticks) and relationships…And frankly, I'd rather find out first hand rather than reading from a wall of text on the internet given the choice…ok maybe not…

It was just stuff about sex (I kid you not, we were doing things with condoms and sticks) and relationships…And frankly, I'd rather find out first hand rather than reading from a wall of text on the internet given the choice…ok maybe not…

You should be thankful that your school encourages safe woohoo. If they did that here, we'd have less 13 year old parents. :yuck:

You should be thankful that your school encourages safe woohoo. If they did that here, we'd have less 13 year old parents. :yuck:

They don't teach that in England? And have you tried? ^^ More on-topic, seeing as I have 3 mill to blow, tell me which review you'd like to most (or just pick one if you really aren't ****ed about it)
1) continue to grind to 10 mill and do a 908 vs 787b shootout+review
2) finish review RJ's road cars (11 or so left)

I have a question for Roj. Should I use the Camaro Deathscythe or the Camaro SC550 for the Camaro SS "Edge Special" or would you like to barrow mine for a custom tune of it?

They don't teach that in England? And have you tried? ^^ More on-topic, seeing as I have 3 mill to blow, tell me which review you'd like to most (or just pick one if you really aren't ****ed about it)
1) continue to grind to 10 mill and do a 908 vs 787b shootout+review
2) finish review RJ's road cars (11 or so left)
They did in my year, but after that they stopped.

I have a question for Roj. Should I use the Camaro Deathscythe or the Camaro SC550 for the Camaro SS "Edge Special" or would you like to barrow mine for a custom tune of it?

SC550. I cant get the Edge Special because of my location and you cant share it either. :dunce:

The search engine is totally kicking my arse and I'm not looking through over 150 pages.

I've heard about rotary junkie has a tune for the Subaru Impreza Sedan '10, the one for the new seasonal race.

I'm sure it's here someplace but I've already kicked my dog four times being so frustrated from not finding it.

(kiddin' about the kickin' the dog, of course.) :sly:

The search engine is totally kicking my arse and I'm not looking through over 150 pages.

I've heard about rotary junkie has a tune for the Subaru Impreza Sedan '10, the one for the new seasonal race.

I'm sure it's here someplace but I've already kicked my dog four times being so frustrated from not finding it.

(kiddin' about the kickin' the dog, of course.) :sly:

For future reference, every tune published around GTP is in this thread: Clicky.

RJ's (and mine and a few others) Impreza '10 settings can be found here.

SC550. I cant get the Edge Special because of my location and you cant share it either. :dunce:

You Probably already knew this, but if you create a North American PSN ID you can download the Edge Camaro, then when you log into your regular name you will also have the car.

You Probably already knew this, but if you create a North American PSN ID you can download the Edge Camaro, then when you log into your regular name you will also have the car.

But will it work on a UK copy of GT5? I was under the impression that even if I used an American PSN, it wouldn't work because my GT5 is a UK copy and not an American one.

Hm. I would gladly follow that, if the transmission was redone since I think it can potential get more power out of it.

But will it work on a UK copy of GT5? I was under the impression that even if I used an American PSN, it wouldn't work because my GT5 is a UK copy and not an American one.

I could be mistaken, but a friend of mine said it worked for his cousin in Poland, I think its an issue with the Playstation Store's and not the game. I could be wrong but am just going by what I was told.

I challenge you to provide a screen shot of any logical search, that doesn't result in finding his tune.

Hm. I would gladly follow that, if the transmission was redone since I think it can potential get more power out of it.

Could you do me a favour and help me do my CT230R after Roj does the gearbox? And by how much would performance/acceleration increase? Because the CT230R's party piece was how quickly it could accelerate out of corners…

RKM Motorsport’s Camaro SC550

CamaroSC550.jpg

CamaroSC550_Big.jpg

Based on: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro
Obtained: New Car Dealer

Drivetrain: FR
Horsepower: 547 BHP (@195.7 miles)
Torque:---- 555 ft-lb
Weight:---- 1318 kg

PARTS
GT Auto

Oil Change
RAYS VR.G2 Wheels
Front Aero Type A
Rear Aero Type A
Extension Type A
Rear Wing Type A

Tuning Shop
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Lightweight Windows
Carbon Fiber Hood (Body Color)
Titanium Semi-Racing Exhaust
Sports Header
Supercharger
FC Gearbox
Semi-Racing Flywheel
Semi-Racing Clutch
Carbon Driveshaft
FC LSD
FC Suspension
Sports Soft tires

SETUP

Body/Chassis
Aerodynamics

Downforce: 0/20

Transmission
Transmission

1st:-- 3.226
2nd:-- 2.072
3rd:-- 1.470
4th:-- 1.098
5th:-- 0.863
6th:-- 0.713
7th:-- x.xxx
Final: 3.450
Max Speed: 242

Drivetrain
Differential:

Initial: xx/7
Accel:-- xx/20
Braking: xx/20

Suspension
Suspension

Ride Height: -25/-25
Spring Rate: 11.5/7.2
Extension:-- 6/4
Compression: 8/6
Anti-Roll:-- 1/1
Camber:----- 2.3/2.8
Toe:-------- -0.05/0.05

Brakes
Brake Balance Controller

Brake Balance: 8/9

Intended Driving Options
Transmission: Manual (MT)
ABS: 1
Everything else: OFF

Tuner Comments:
This is the Camaro SC550. SC obviously for supercharged, 550 referring to the amount of horsepower (and torque) produced. It's faster around corners than basically anything else that's still street legal with some comforts, and pulls harder than the rather conservative power output would suggest.

My Review of this Tune (This is a bit long, just a warning….)

First off, a little background on me, I have always lurked in the crowd when it comes to tunes and I have tried many times to tune myself. All of those tries have ended in major failure like my Scuderia tune which I have on GTPlanet. Anyway that’s another story for another time. I run the 15mile Nurb ring online exclusively with heavy damage and grip at realistic and a DS3 user. Now on to the review….

I always wanted a Camaro to keep up with/even beat other foreign cars. Everything I tried myself and by others had the straightway speed but had no real cornering prowess in the car. I then decided to try this tune. I bought a brand new Camaro to avoid any unseen issues that I may have cause in my last one. Following the specs exactly minus the brake bias and ride height, the car now corners with the best my friends have to offer in the 550pp and 575pp range. As bumpy and twisty as the ring is I raised up the ride height a click or two just to avoid bottoming out and causing rather extravagantly spectacular crashes filled with laughter and cursing when I wipe out in a group of three or four of us together. With that taken care of I then started running the car to break it in and get used to how an American car is keeping up with even the RUF RGT in our private lobby. With enough time to break it in an get used to it I decided to really, really start to push the car. With enough torque and power to add its own bumps to the track the car launches like a bat out of 🤬 And keeps pulling hard through all the gears which is to be expected out of American cars. Now after a few mishaps in front of me I was going to settle in for a nice second place finish until I hit the last ¼ of the Nurb. The leader had his RUF RGT about six seconds ahead of me and was bragging that no American car was going to catch him now at this point. I took that as a challenge and opened up the supercharged beast. I started reeling him in and he couldn’t believe it. By the time we hit the main straight I was on his 🤬 and he was almost in an uproar that I was right there. So just to make the burn hurt more I shoved that Chevy embelm right in his mirror just to play with him. That made me feel even better about the tune. We were nose to tail going into the last corner and I just clammed open the throttle out of the corner and out dragged his RGT and won. Not by much but I won while he was 🤬 me out. Needless to say at that point I was convinced that this tune hands down turned an American car into a cornering machine. The car sticks and doesn’t deviate too much from where you point it. It just jumps out of corners with no regard for who’s in front of it or not. I don’t have any times since with heavy damage on people trying to finish with damage often cause problems when you try to pass them. Excellent, excellent tune for this car. In conclusion, if I get bored of British, German, Japanese, or Italian cars I pull this beast out and destroy them…. easily.

On a side note, the guy I beat has since gotten his own Camaro and still has yet to beat mine with this tune. At the time of me writing this review I have put well over 750miles on this Camaro and have not changed one thing. It’s just that good.

Last edited:
Because of pronunciations, probably… Some people say it as 'Camero' even though the name is Camaro so it sort of sticks when you're typing it…

Ah ha! Gotta love auto-correct. Another reason for me to feel better about turning it off along with predictive text. Hate those. Trying to use Swype is interesting though.

Back