RKM Motorsport - Tuned Tuners - May '13

Hi guys,
Just getting into using full on tunes (beyond my lame adjustments lol) .
Interested to know are these tune wheel compatible, noticed that is was mentioned Kyle used both wheel and DS3, but roj is purely DS3. Sorry my noob smell, but i'd love to dial in my 'lovelies'

Hi guys,
Just getting into using full on tunes (beyond my lame adjustments lol) .
Interested to know are these tune wheel compatible, noticed that is was mentioned Kyle used both wheel and DS3, but roj is purely DS3. Sorry my noob smell, but i'd love to dial in my 'lovelies'
Most tunes built for DS3 will work on wheels anyway, but the same cant be said for the other way around. 👍
Guys, just a question, how well can the Murcielago LP-780 settings work on the Murcielago LP-640?

Pretty well I'd think, just the transmission would need a tweak.

VTiRoj
My favourite is definately my NSX-R, but my best car I'd say is the Camaro Deathscythe.

"Deathscythe" Nice! I'll have to give it a spin.

"NSX-R" yeah from your Avatar I should of known, lol. How about Rotary Junky? (best as I figure his RX-7 is his fav) lol What about the Fans, can't forget them, what are the fan Favorites? :)

Last edited:
My favorite 5 from RKM that I've reviewed (non-race): RX-7, Esprit, Honda CR-Z, RUF RGT, and Murcielago.
:D
GTP Name: snowylilmonster
PSN Name: Squeaks121
Your Car: Mercedes-Benz 190 E 2.5 - 16 Evolution II '91
Sending Your Own Car? Yes
Tuning Request: Make this great handling car better if possible.
Link To Review: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=5442066#post5442066
Sure thing, although if you don't mind, the request will have to be done in August. I'm going on holiday soon and wont be back until August and RJ has no PS3. So until August or until RJ gets a PS3, we cant take any new requests. Please PM one of us (or both) your request so it's safe in our inboxes, otherwise it'll probably get lost in this thread. 👍
"Deathscythe" Nice! I'll have to give it a spin.

"NSX-R" yeah from your Avatar I should of known, lol.

How about Rotary Junky? (best as I figure his RX-7 is his fav) lol
Be careful though, it might spin you instead. :lol: It's a wild car but it's fast.

I had my NSX-R from GT4 as my avatar last year. :lol:

You'll have to wait for his reply, but yeah most likely his favourite will be the RX-7. :P

What about the Fans, can't forget them, what are the fan Favorites? :)
I suppose our fans would favor the NSX-R and RX-7, because they know they're the flagship cars here. I guess you'd need to ask them. :P

Seriously, both the CR-Z and the Insight run very well in PP/Tire restricted races online... but the CR-Z gets my nod because that one-speed transmission drives me bonkers.

I'm interested to hear what RKM thinks about the whole 'reverse tuning' thing. Have you done any testing with it? It's just the nsx 3rd anniversary already destroys for me online, (although have to be careful with throttle in 2nd), but I'd be interested to see if it could be even more competitive if some of the reverse methods were integrated..

Could you do me a favour and help me do my CT230R after Roj does the gearbox? And by how much would performance/acceleration increase? Because the CT230R's party piece was how quickly it could accelerate out of corners…

Sure, send me the stats and it will get done for free. (I could use the new clothes system for a tax, but I'm not a jerk :D)

Sweet gotta try em, like Pokemon.

I'm also working on my WRX Tunes, gonna set up a Garage when they are ready. Many good Tuners at GTP, I hope my Cars do well.

If I ever did tunes, it would be for race cars under RKM's name (like 88C-V, FGT, R89C, ect.) to help those who want to tune racers. Unfortunately, I don't know a thing about tuning, except for the transmission.

Last edited:
Yay!!!!
Edit: Nooooo!! I thought it was specially made for me :( You will not release it without my approval! I'm joking, but gimme back my car Roj!!!!

My Review of this Tune (This is a bit long, just a warning….)

First off, a little background on me, I have always lurked in the crowd when it comes to tunes and I have tried many times to tune myself. All of those tries have ended in major failure like my Scuderia tune which I have on GTPlanet. Anyway that’s another story for another time. I run the 15mile Nurb ring online exclusively with heavy damage and grip at realistic and a DS3 user. Now on to the review….

I always wanted a Camaro to keep up with/even beat other foreign cars. Everything I tried myself and by others had the straightway speed but had no real cornering prowess in the car. I then decided to try this tune. I bought a brand new Camaro to avoid any unseen issues that I may have cause in my last one. Following the specs exactly minus the brake bias and ride height, the car now corners with the best my friends have to offer in the 550pp and 575pp range. As bumpy and twisty as the ring is I raised up the ride height a click or two just to avoid bottoming out and causing rather extravagantly spectacular crashes filled with laughter and cursing when I wipe out in a group of three or four of us together. With that taken care of I then started running the car to break it in and get used to how an American car is keeping up with even the RUF RGT in our private lobby. With enough time to break it in an get used to it I decided to really, really start to push the car. With enough torque and power to add its own bumps to the track the car launches like a bat out of 🤬 And keeps pulling hard through all the gears which is to be expected out of American cars. Now after a few mishaps in front of me I was going to settle in for a nice second place finish until I hit the last ¼ of the Nurb. The leader had his RUF RGT about six seconds ahead of me and was bragging that no American car was going to catch him now at this point. I took that as a challenge and opened up the supercharged beast. I started reeling him in and he couldn’t believe it. By the time we hit the main straight I was on his 🤬 and he was almost in an uproar that I was right there. So just to make the burn hurt more I shoved that Chevy embelm right in his mirror just to play with him. That made me feel even better about the tune. We were nose to tail going into the last corner and I just clammed open the throttle out of the corner and out dragged his RGT and won. Not by much but I won while he was 🤬 me out. Needless to say at that point I was convinced that this tune hands down turned an American car into a cornering machine. The car sticks and doesn’t deviate too much from where you point it. It just jumps out of corners with no regard for who’s in front of it or not. I don’t have any times since with heavy damage on people trying to finish with damage often cause problems when you try to pass them. Excellent, excellent tune for this car. In conclusion, if I get bored of British, German, Japanese, or Italian cars I pull this beast out and destroy them…. easily.

On a side note, the guy I beat has since gotten his own Camaro and still has yet to beat mine with this tune. At the time of me writing this review I have put well over 750miles on this Camaro and have not changed one thing. It’s just that good.

Can't believe I missed this. Anyway the car you've requested is something I'm looking forward to messing with once I can. The chassis balance of it is really quite good though it may lack grip slightly.

Can't believe I missed this. Anyway the car you've requested is something I'm looking forward to messing with once I can. The chassis balance of it is really quite good though it may lack grip slightly.

I drove it stock with the sport hards i believe and it actually had more oversteer than anything. But the oversteer was only prevalent in second gear it seemed. Other than that it seemed quite composed. Im just surprised no one really requested this car.

Glad you liked the review of the Camaro. I liked the way it drives.

What about the Fans, can't forget them, what are the fan Favorites? :)

My personal favourites are the NSX-R (love it, given it 5 or so reviews just because I couldn't contain my excitement), both RX-7s, the R34 (Got my motivation to 'write' going again, so that must count right?), the TT-R, and the car that came after it the HKS CT230R (of course I had to include this, 2500-odd miles, fantastic fun, will be released when Roj gives it back to me).

Seriously, both the CR-Z and the Insight run very well in PP/Tire restricted races online... but the CR-Z gets my nod because that one-speed transmission drives me bonkers.
Yeah I like how even though they're hybrid models, they're actually capable on track and the Insight's transmission doesn't dictate everything like the Prius does.
I'm interested to hear what RKM thinks about the whole 'reverse tuning' thing. Have you done any testing with it? It's just the nsx 3rd anniversary already destroys for me online, (although have to be careful with throttle in 2nd), but I'd be interested to see if it could be even more competitive if some of the reverse methods were integrated..
I don't care much for it. I tune based on what I feel, not based on what a spreadsheet or a webpage says. So maybe I'm reverse tuning naturally anyway (everyone says my FF settings are backwards, yet they perform well, so who's right?), but to me its GT5 tuning.
Yay!!!!
Edit: Nooooo!! I thought it was specially made for me :( You will not release it without my approval! I'm joking, but gimme back my car Roj!!!!

I haven't even done anything to it and you want it back? :confused:

Edit: Haha! Seems these new seasonals were made with the RKM Ricer in mind. :lol::lol::lol:!

Last edited:
Hi VTiRoj

Just wanted to say thanks for the good work, your tunes are excellent, i am yet to find one that I don't like.
On a side note I used your suspension setting on a Civic Type R '01 and they seemed to work well (for the new seasonals), not sure if you have actually tuned one of these yourself?

Hey guys. Your Civic tunes were made perfectly for this new seasonal lol. I think they have been watching you lol
I know, it's great. :lol: If anyone from PD is reading this, hello! :dopey:
Hi VTiRoj

Just wanted to say thanks for the good work, your tunes are excellent, i am yet to find one that I don't like.
On a side note I used your suspension setting on a Civic Type R '01 and they seemed to work well (for the new seasonals), not sure if you have actually tuned one of these yourself?

I've tuned the '04 which is 99% the same as the '01 anyway, so the settings will transfer flawlessly. :) It was done as a request so I've not published the tune here but I've got the settings written down. I'll be happy to release it via PM until I get round to making it a published tune here. 👍

Sorry for the advertising, but I want to swap a couple of racing suits for a couple I don't have if anyone is interested.

Wow guys what can I say! Your tunes are superb, I've spent the last couple of days applying these tunes to cars and putting them to the test and every one of them I've liked, they suit my punchy driving style perfectly :)

My favourite one by a long shot is the Integra Type R turbo. The handling is so precise its unbelievable. I've yet to miss an apex with this car! I love it.

Another one high up there with my favourites is the GranTurismo S, I always had a disliking to this car, it felt heavy, slow and clumsy, and by god has your tune transformed this car. I just can't get enough of it now!

And as for the C4 VTS, this was the biggest shock of them all! Never did I think this car could drive so well. It gave me a big grin when I was grinding the super car seasonals and I was overtaking the Super cars in My ****roen :D

Smashing tunes guys, keep up the good work.

Big thanks from Jamie :)

O...M...Jesus. I just blew 400,000cr on building my own Camaro Deathscythe, and I think I may have made a mess of myself. The handling is astonishing, I used this to run the Supercar Seasonal Eifel track, and I can't fault it. I passed the lead car, the R390 GT1 by half way round the second lap, and it took three laps of booting it out of every corner, full lock, to slide the back out. And that took some handbrake to do! The car is planted, even with my driving runs sub-1:06 laps on Eifel. Fantastic tune there guys!

Back