RKM Motorsport - Tuned Tuners - May '13

For those who want some tunes for the seasonals, here's the 3 I used.

Fiat 500 - The suspension and LSD from our Yari Yari Toyota Vitz work very well.
Lotus Elise 111R - Our Elise Juliet tune.
Impreza Sedan - You can find tunes from both me and RJ in here.

Thanks for these, Roj. Since it was the only one I had a car for I gave the Subaru a spin on Laguna Seca at 3am this morning and went back to playing with race suits after two laps. Gave RJ's STi S400 settings a go after some sleep but it still wouldn't turn worth a 🤬.

For the Elise race, would you recommend the power limiter or taking off parts to get under the HP limit? And keep the ballast at position 0?

So much for me to catch upon being gone a while. :mischievous:

Thanks for these, Roj. Since it was the only one I had a car for I gave the Subaru a spin on Laguna Seca at 3am this morning and went back to playing with race suits after two laps. Gave RJ's STi S400 settings a go after some sleep but it still wouldn't turn worth a 🤬.

For the Elise race, would you recommend the power limiter or taking off parts to get under the HP limit? And keep the ballast at position 0?

Any time there's an HP limit, it's better to use the limiter.
This allows you to obtain max power through your entire RPM range.

Any time there's an HP limit, it's better to use the limiter.
This allows you to obtain max power through your entire RPM range.

True, but won't torque take a pretty hefty hit after a certain point?

I remember using this same Subaru in the beginner rally specials with the limiter and accel at certain points was terrible. Granted, dropping the HP that far is a pretty extreme example (I believe I was ~400 limiting to 240-250ish) but...

I suppose what I am getting at is at what point would you drop a couple parts before limiting to keep a balance?

I remember using this same Subaru in the beginner rally specials with the limiter and accel at certain points was terrible. Granted, dropping the HP that far is a pretty extreme example (I believe I was ~400 limiting to 240-250ish) but...

I suppose what I am getting at is at what point would you drop a couple parts before limiting to keep a balance?

You have a point... and I don't have an actual answer for you.
Wait for Roj and Rj they've got more knowledge on this subject.

I've never concerned myself with the torque loss from using the power limiter, because I've never really run into any issues, and I use the limiter constantly online. I limit my cars down 20-30% on a regular basis just to get into a race. Mainly because I'm too lazy to change parts around for every room. If I was building a specific car, then by all means, it makes sense. Endurance Races, or a regular PP event you run, then absolutely maximize anything and everything.

Hi. I just found this thread today after searching for some time for a good tuning for my DB9 (Job well done).
First of all, let me just say "wow." Amazing job here.
Secondly, i have a question: I was tuning my C63 AMG to your guys specifications and ran into a slight problem; Instead of holding back and tuning to the 646bhp specified, i went all out for the full 870bhp. I knew right away this would cause problems for your current settings on the LSD (I think thats where the trouble is?). Its fine in the straights and while breaking into corners, but as soon as i power out the car gets squirrelly...
I would try and fix it myself, but when it comes to things like this i'm lost.
Any help would be highly appreciated!!:) and once again: Amazing job.👍 A DB9 review might be coming soon (that is, if no one else has already done one).

With having to keep the car under a certain horsepower cap, you wouldn't.

Horsepower is a function of torque and RPM... Which means to make a certain amount of horsepower at a certain RPM you can only have a certain amount of torque.

So when you limit a car to, say, 200hp, you'll make exactly enough torque at each RPM to make 200hp. Well, at least past the point where the engine naturally hits 200hp.

This does result in some issues with acceleration, mainly where you want to shift. You want to be on the low side of the now-gigantic powerband at all times, it'll give noticeably better acceleration... Though revving the balls off it will still be quicker than reducing power via parts removal to the same point.

I just put the power limiter on (-60bhp really doesnt mess the powerband up too much) and just put on the extra weight at the 0 position. It actually could've done with it at -20 or -25 so the rear tyres would get some extra weight on them to make up for the lack of grip from the sports hard tyres.
And? How many transmissions have you guys to rework?
What a sad day........:(

Eh? Rework for what reason? The gear ratios havent changed from what I can see.]

Edit: Now I see. The cars wont need reworked transmissions, just corrected autoset numbers.

I think they're talking about the whole 'RKM overpower' gearbox thingy…
And I've got nothing to write about or even drive now…lucky ******* in Europe and US, get 3 times the money and god knows how much more fun than I have on GT5…fell asleep driving on Fuji…didn't wake up until I found out my X1 was buried on the other end of the main straight for 15 minutes……

I think they're talking about the whole 'RKM overpower' gearbox thingy…
And I've got nothing to write about or even drive now…lucky ******* in Europe and US, get 3 times the money and god knows how much more fun than I have on GT5…fell asleep driving on Fuji…didn't wake up until I found out my X1 was buried on the other end of the main straight for 15 minutes……
No, I'm not talking about the "overpower thing" (what?).
I know you've no PSN in Hongkong and that's why you can't load the newest patch (1.10).
The new patch changes the range of every single gear, some transmission settings aren't possible to set now.

No, I'm not talking about the "overpower thing" (what?).
I know you've no PSN in Hongkong and that's why you can't load the newest patch (1.10).
The new patch changes the range of every single gear, some transmission settings aren't possible to set now.

It's something we discussed millions of pages back, and I've got the update, but I just haven't got the best parts of it :ouch:

He is talking about my set-ups I made called "RKM Overpowered" since it takes RKM's HP limits and I crank them up multiple notches.

He is talking about my set-ups I made called "RKM Overpowered" since it takes RKM's HP limits and I crank them up multiple notches.

Speaking of which, have you made any progress on it yet? If this turns out to work, I'll have to apply it on my CT230R (As well as anything which has substantial performance increases).

Instead of fixing 90 cars, I'm going to fix the transmissions on request. So if you find a car that doesn't work, drop me or RJ a PM. 👍

Also, if anyone has discs that wont read, the car polish trick does work. Just tried it on my Xbox 360 games and it worked a treat. I know it's not relevant to tuning but just so everyone knows. :lol:

Also, if anyone has discs that wont read, the car polish trick does work. Just tried it on my Xbox 360 games and it worked a treat. I know it's not relevant to tuning but just so everyone knows. :lol:

But PS3 games are Blu-Ray not DVD would it still work?

Roj, what would you consider to be a 'good' time on Trial Mountain in a Supra RZ with stock power and stage 3 weight reduction+window reduction?

RKM Motorsport’s 787B Black Beauty

787BBlackBeauty.jpg

787BBlackBeauty_Big.jpg

Based on: Mazda 787B Stealth Model / Mazda 787B Race Car ‘91
Obtained: Stealth Pack Download / Brand new model at Mazda

Drivetrain: MR
Horsepower: 880 BHP (@ 6,031.9 miles)
Torque:---- 76 kgfm
Weight:---- 830 kg
PP:-------- 723

PARTS
Tuning Shop

Titanium Racing Exhaust
Fully Customisable Transmission
Fully Customisable LSD
Fully Customisable Suspension Kit
Any Racing Tyres

SETUP
Body/Chassis
Aerodynamics

Downforce: 60/85

Ballast
Amount:-- 0
Position: 0

Engine
Power Limiter

Power Level: 100.0%

Transmission
Transmission

(Set Max Speed, then each individual ratio.)
1st:-- 3.052
2nd:-- 1.911
3rd:-- 1.326
4th:-- 0.981
5th:-- 0.769
Final: 3.800
Max Speed: 261 MPH

Drivetrain
Differential

Initial: 0/10
Accel:-- 0/20
Braking: 0/20

Suspension
Suspension

Ride Height: -30/-30
Spring Rate: 16.0/12.0
Extension:-- 1/1
Compression: 1/1
Anti-Roll:-- 6/6
Camber:----- 2.0/1.8
Toe:-------- –0.2/0.20

Brakes
Brake Balance Controller

Brake Balance: 5/6

Intended Driving Options
Transmission: Manual (MT)
Traction Control: 1
ABS: 1
Everything else: OFF

Tuner Comments:
As the spiritual successor to the old “Black Beauty” 787B from GT4, this Stealth model has inherited the title and does the name justice. This Black Beauty tune turns the 787B into an easy to drive, race-winning machine. There may be faster settings out there, but none are this easy to drive whilst keeping the 787B’s speed higher than it’s opposition. After serving me well since the start of my GT5 career, I decided to send the settings to Kyaw after he requested some 787B settings. After finding out it works well for him too, it prompted the public release of this beauty.

22nd Feb 2011 - Transmission & ballast/power & TCS settings.

Hey guys. I just wanted to give a review on your Mazda 787B tuning. This tuning is amazing. I don't struggle anymore with oversteering and when i step on the gas the car gets up and goes. The way this car handles through the corners is amazing. I raced my friend in the 787B against his tuning and i beat him by a lap since he kept spinning out. You guys did a great job on this tune. Keep the great work up. Can't wait to see the next monster you unleash on Gran Turismo 5. Do you think you guys can do a tuning for me on the Nissan GT-R Spec-V (GT Academy Version) '09 or the BMW M3 Coupe '07? My psn is Quickshotz10. I got everything you need if you wanna accept my request. Thanks

Haven't posted here in a while... So I've been driving that XKR... Awesome car... And I'm happy how the RKM tune works so well with the new Seasonals.

Roj, what would you consider to be a 'good' time on Trial Mountain in a Supra RZ with stock power and stage 3 weight reduction+window reduction?

Ehhh.. 1:33 ish? Assuming it's tuned like all our other cars.

Haven't posted here in a while... So I've been driving that XKR... Awesome car... And I'm happy how the RKM tune works so well with the new Seasonals.

Which new seasonals? Are there ones newer than the Fiat 500/Elise/Impreza ones?

Which new seasonals? Are there ones newer than the Fiat 500/Elise/Impreza ones?

The new seasonals as in the ones you mentioned. :P

Also have you noticed how the autoset's top speed listings are all false now? Only found it out as I was tuning my new (not THAT one) Beetle. Which starts at 81mph. :boggled:

The new seasonals as in the ones you mentioned. :P

Also have you noticed how the autoset's top speed listings are all false now? Only found it out as I was tuning my new (not THAT one) Beetle. Which starts at 81mph. :boggled:

Oh right. I was under the impression he used the XKR in the seasonal. :lol:

And yes, I have. I'll fix any tune on request. I honestly cannot be arsed updating 90-odd cars if no one is going to drive all of them anyway.

I used your Impreza from the TCC to beat the Laguna Seca event, just with a few tweaks to get rid of the understeer.

Oh right. I was under the impression he used the XKR in the seasonal. :lol:

And yes, I have. I'll fix any tune on request. I honestly cannot be arsed updating 90-odd cars if no one is going to drive all of them anyway.

Eventually I'll drive all of them ;) I'm about to start a Skyline shootout, with the three Nissan Skyline tunes, but I can fumble my way to a decent transmission setup at the same top end as you give in the tune.

Back