RKM Motorsport - Tuned Tuners - May '13

Oh so many ways of crushing the GTR (77 in fact, count them), I don't know where to start. I could humiliate it with the Civic VTiR, or leave it for dead with the Lambo SV... so many options to choose from...what do I choose?! Well, in a completely uninspired way, I just chose the 3 cars you used from the RVV days. Just to really embarrass the GTR. And the winner of this shootout isn't going to be the fastest, but the one who beats the GTR by the biggest margin :D This, I'm genuinely looking forward to doing.

Edit: Roj, can the Evo 4 handle more power? Leaving it at -400hp seems a little bit unfair.

You may or may not like the GTR but even with it's porky weight and no extra power (completely stock), the Spec V turns in lap times within an inch of the RKM NSX (at least in my hands, at GVS). So it really depends on how well your friend can drive and how lightly it is tuned ;)

Oh so many ways of crushing the GTR (77 in fact, count them), I don't know where to start. I could humiliate it with the Civic VTiR, or leave it for dead with the Lambo SV... so many options to choose from...what do I choose?! Well, in a completely uninspired way, I just chose the 3 cars you used from the RVV days. Just to really embarrass the GTR. And the winner of this shootout isn't going to be the fastest, but the one who beats the GTR by the biggest margin :D This, I'm genuinely looking forward to doing.

Edit: Roj, can the Evo 4 handle more power? Leaving it at -400hp seems a little bit unfair.

It can handle 400bhp, dont think it could go further without adjusting though. Which 3 RVV cars? :P

GT-RSpecV.jpg

GT-RSpecV_Big.jpg

Ever heard of misleading advertising?

Calm down, it's not like they traumatized you. No psychologist needed. Misleading advertising is banned to prevent "unfair and deceptive acts or practices in commerce." Not sure what part of RKM is commercial, they just tune for free.

Besides, it's an internet tuning garage for a video game, not a company looking to make money.

Last edited:
Ever heard of misleading advertising?
I have.
Calm down, it's not like they traumatized you. No psychologist needed. Misleading advertising is banned to prevent "unfair and deceptive acts or practices in commerce." Not sure what part of RKM is commercial, they just tune for free.

Besides, it's an internet tuning garage for a video game, not a company looking to make money.

Free? No, no. Every tune is £79.95, we're just waiting until the end of the year before we bill you all. :sly:

Free? No, no. Every tune is £79.95, we're just waiting until the end of the year before we bill you all. :sly:

Ouch! Talk about 200% profit!(I'm Kidding!)

Anyway's, tell me if the following is valid:

GTP Name: machate-man
PSN Name: dowby
Your Car: Pagani Zonda R
Sending Your Own Car? Sending Via borrowing

Tuning Request: I want to be able to push the limits of the car to the max, while being able to recover from a mistake easily(basically, add more grip) The car also needs to keep the dwnforce at max, and the power at max as well.
Link To Review:RKM NGT

One last thing: call it Vlad the Impailer
Perhaps that could be the essence of the car...
I know you are busy, so tell me when you have time:tup:

Last edited:
Ouch! Talk about 200% profit!(I'm Kidding!)

Anyway's, tell me if the following is valid:

I know you are busy, so tell me when you have time:tup:

Vladimir The Impaler! :sly:

170px-VladimirGlebov-GTAIV.jpg

I will let you know when I'm not too flooded. 👍

They did it as a joke, they hate the R35 so will never do a tune for it. So yes, it's supposed to redirect you to a Prius tune.

Recently, my sleeps at night were disrupted by some fool who had taken delivery of a R35 GTR, and has spent every night driving it at full throttle where he can, waking the entire district up with the hateful noise of its V6 twin turbo. That fool spent last night charging around the roads until 2am in the morning, and in such a small place like HK, it meant the only noise I could hear from 12-2am was that pile of **** banging and hissing outside my window. And I've had enough of that, so while I can't take a sledgehammer to his GTR (and god I would love to), I'm definitely going to crush one in GT5. This is for all the nights of peace and quiet it took away from me, this is for being the worse sequel to one of the most iconic names in car history, this is payback.
Tested on TGTT
Nissan GTR vs RX7, S15, Evo 4
The Target (yes, I sort of copied this bit from RVV)
Nissan GTR
469hp
1740kg
Laptime:1:18.263

Thoughts: Now, for the purposes of this test, I've actually gone out and buy one instead of just borrowing one from the 'recommended section. Why recommend this car is beyond me, because it's so horrid to drive! The car is too heavy, the understeer is awful, the handling is inconsistent, the 4WD system is half asleep, the car feels far too floaty, the brakes aren't that good, it's not focused enough, it sounds muted and dull and is not worth 35,000cr let alone 77,000cr. Godzilla my arse. This car isn't worthy of that name.

The Competition:

Emperor IV
377hp
1119kg
Laptime:1:16.630

Thoughts: 2 SECONDS!!! This Evo is over 10 years old and it beat a GTR by 2 SECOND!!! And it doesn't even have 400hp! But then again, this feels completely different to the GTR, it feels like a lightweight, more powerful rally car. A rally car for the road, if you like. There is some understeer and the car might feel slightly different to drive, but get used to it, and you can blow the doors off a GTR. Which its just done.

S15 RM Spec V
413hp
1000kg
Laptime-previous:1:14.325
Laptime-current:1:13.892

Thoughts:
Well, this is actually quite an interesting test. You see, my S15 is still running on the original, unrevised setup. So I was keen to see the differences in the laptimes. And the difference are not major, but not ignorable either. The new setup just made the car more focused, more of a car that actually deserves to be RM'ed. The back end feels just a bit more planted and it feels like it can easily run rings around a GTR. Which it has done, by 5 SECONDS. So the flagship of Nissan's production line has been beaten by a car that went out of production ages ago. Shows you that all the hype about the 'Supercar slayer' is actually complete rubbish. If it can lose to a S15, a basic, well setup RWD car with no fancy Active rubbish and G senors, I think supercar slaying is somewhat out of its league.

RX7 R400
410hp (couldn't resist a light boost up in power)
1051kg
Laptime:1:14.565

Thoughts: When I first tested this car on Suzuka against the NSX, I complained that it understeer too much, and then when I tested it again on the TGTT against the NSX again, I said it was good, just not as good as the NSX. Now though, with the NSX out of sight, it has the whole stage to itself. God it's good. The understeer is gone, the handling is just fantastic now, the car will wag its tail, leave a trail of smoke and then accelerate out of a bend. No understeer and minimal effort required. No wonder the RE RX7 was so damn quick, when the stock one can kick the GTR clean out of the water, imagine what the RE could do to it……hmmm…I'll perhaps try that later. Still, the GTR is nothing compared to this. Nothing.

Laptime(in order of fastest to slowest):
S15 Spec V-1:13.982*
RX7 R400-1:14.565
Emperor IV-1:16.630
Renault/Nissan 'crapbox' GTR-1:18.263

*The validity of the S15's victory will be left for RJ and Roj to decide as it has the advantage of a RM modification.

Last edited:
Much better, now that I've relieved myself of the stresses that the GTR bought, I can think clearly. But then a rather important question crossed my mind. 'Am I happy with crushing it just once?'. And I had to say…'No.'
So what's it going to be then? What car shall I use to further humiliate the GTR? Well, after a bit of thought, I settled on these two. The R32 GTR, and the R34 GTR. I'll let these two teach the R35 what it takes to wear the GTR badge. First though, I think I'll do what any self respecting GTR owner will do. Trick up the R35 a bit.

Ok, after using 20-40k on mods, I think the R35 is now ready to fight with its bloodline. But before that, allow me to share what modifications has been made to the R(enault)35. The chassis is stiffened to help it through the corners, the bonnet is now made from carbon fiber, the tyres were changed to better ones, a sports exhaust was fitted to improve the dull engine note, the entire exhaust and intake system was changed to give a slight boost in power and of course, what is always a must-have on any GTR, a whacking great turbo kit. Stage 1 in this case, too much and this hippo will just hurt itself. The result of all that is 572hp, a fairly substantial boost in power. So is it enough to beat its predecessors?

Nissan R35 vs R32 GTR vs R34 GTR:

R32 GTR
474hp (or it might be 564hp actually :D)
1245kg
Laptime:1:11.806

R34 GTR
464hp
1240kg
Laptime:1:12.073

Nissan R35
572hp
1740kg
Laptime:1:11.269

Oh ****, it won. **** that ****ing ricer!!! ****!!! How could they lose!?!! ****, ****, ****!!!!!! Ok, I'm not ****ing sore or anything, but that R35 crap is going to lose, and lose badly, in the next round. Bring on the Raging Bull.

Much better, now that I've relieved myself of the stresses that the GTR bought, I can think clearly. But then a rather important question crossed my mind. 'Am I happy with crushing it just once?'. And I had to say…'No.'
So what's it going to be then? What car shall I use to further humiliate the GTR? Well, after a bit of thought, I settled on these two. The R32 GTR, and the R34 GTR. I'll let these two teach the R35 what it takes to wear the GTR badge. First though, I think I'll do what any self respecting GTR owner will do. Trick up the R35 a bit.

Ok, after using 20-40k on mods, I think the R35 is now ready to fight with its bloodline. But before that, allow me to share what modifications has been made to the R(enault)35. The chassis is stiffened to help it through the corners, the bonnet is now made from carbon fiber, the tyres were changed to better ones, a sports exhaust was fitted to improve the dull engine note, the entire exhaust and intake system was changed to give a slight boost in power and of course, what is always a must-have on any GTR, a whacking great turbo kit. Stage 1 in this case, too much and this hippo will just hurt itself. The result of all that is 572hp, a fairly substantial boost in power. So is it enough to beat its predecessors?

R32 GTR
1245kg

R34 GTR
464hp
1240kg

Nissan R35
572hp
1740kg

Oh ****, it won. **** that ****ing ricer!!! ****!!! How could they lose!?!! ****, ****, ****!!!!!! Ok, I'm not ****ing sore or anything, but that R35 crap is going to lose, and lose badly, in the next round. Bring on the Raging Bull.

Bring on the Terminator too. No, wait, isn't that overkill? :dunce:

Thanks for reminding me about the Terminator, forgot about it in my rage. And against that car, nothing is overkill.
Ok, calmed down a bit. Ok, Terminator vs R35-

Terminator R:
640hp
1350kg
Laptime:1.10.858

Nissan R35:
572hp
1740kg
Laptime:1:11.228

Oh yea, there you go. You see, a powerful car with not much handling isn't a match for a well tuned, well balanced car with a lot of power. Now someone please take the piece of crap off me. (The R35 obivously, not the Terminator)

Edit: Just wanted to say sorry for that second review, I got carried away there.

Last edited:
Roj, maybe you should do a tune for the Evo IV at maximum power. It has 500hp+ when maxed, and should make it both a deadly opponent and a car to take on the modified R35.

Roj, I can't send the Countach because of error 80710A06, so is it okay if you have to wait for another while again?

Ok, I've had a think, and I've decided to have one last go at crushing the R35. But to do that, I must leave the grayness of Dunsfold and Top Gear Test Track and head to where the air is radioactive and the landscape ruined. Japan. More specifically, to Tsukuba circuit. And I am bring a piece of Britain with me to slaughter the R35. It's light, it's nimble, and it's everything the R35 isn't. It's the Lotus Elise.

Tested on Tsukuba Circuit

Nissan R35
575hp
1740kg
Laptime:0.59:848

Lotus Elise 111R 'Juliet'
261hp
759kg
Laptime:0.59.779

Thoughts: As predicted, it beat the R35. And before any R35 fanboys start whinging saying the Elise had wings and whatever rubbish, can I just say what happened to the R35 in the most basic form. What happened was it got beaten by a car that weighed about as much as its engine, had half the power (and half the weight), and was as techy as a cave. Now if you don't mind, I'm gonna stop talking, because I've got to run and hide before Romeo finds out where his beloved Juliet is. And where she is, is with me, on Tsubuka, having a bit of private time together. So…um…bye!!!

(Btw, the R35 isn't really needed anymore, well not until RJ and Roj do the Budget GTR Killer thing again, so if anybody wants it, look for it. It's parked by a skip somewhere in Japan, I've sent it right the way home to its doorstep :D)

Last edited:
Okay I've had an Lexus LFA sitting in my garage since I got to see one at the Vancouver Auto Show.... anyway couldn't ever drive the dumb thing as it was quite unpredictable and a quick search of the forums for a tune will leave you with some pretty undesirable results.

Anyway found your guys tune for it and gave it a shot and WOW! Beating my times with 600 pp cars and this one is just 554 and a heck of a lot heavier! I was running a tuned HPA TT at 600 pp (costing about 700k) and I can lap Laguna in it in 1:25.xxx The LFA you guys tuned up is lapping it in 1:23.xxx so consistantly that I ran 4 straight laps within the 1:23 time. Great speed and amazing grip for a car without really any downforce.

The car gets into corners nicely and out with great acceleration. I am no God's gift to the racing world and am probably an average driver at best (no idea if my 1:23 is decent or not but its my best time around Laguna with a car of that performance level) and yet this car feels constantly in control, good braking power and never that "wobbly" feeling when taking corners too fast.

Great tune guys and I kind of mad I didn't find this garage earlier....Anyway will for sure be trying out some other tunes here. Thanks a lot guys.

Laptime(in order of fastest to slowest):
S15 Spec V-1:13.982*
RX7 R400-1:14.565
Emperor IV-1:16.630
Renault/Nissan 'crapbox' GTR-1:18.263

*The validity of the S15's victory will be left for RJ and Roj to decide as it has the advantage of a RM modification.
I think the RM kind of disqualifies the S15 but yay for a full sweep anyway! :sly:

When me and RJ eventually do this ourselves, we'll be using 3 totally different cars though. The R34 could be taken down with a 60k S14 but the R35 gives us 77k or 157k to play with depending on which model we go for, so that lets us get our hands on some muscle. :P

R32 GTR
1245kg

R34 GTR
464hp
1240kg

Nissan R35
572hp
1740kg
It will not survive. :grumpy:
Terminator R:
640hp
1350kg
Laptime:1.10.858

Nissan R35:
572hp
1740kg
Laptime:1:11.228
And the future of the world is saved. :D
Roj, maybe you should do a tune for the Evo IV at maximum power. It has 500hp+ when maxed, and should make it both a deadly opponent and a car to take on the modified R35.
I might do. See how it goes. :)
Would you consider tunng a 458 when RJ gets his PS3
As a request sure. I dont really want to spend so much on a 458 myself.
Roj, I can't send the Countach because of error 80710A06, so is it okay if you have to wait for another while again?
That's no problem. 👍
Tested on Tsukuba Circuit

Nissan R35
575hp
1740kg
Laptime:0.59:848

Lotus Elise 111R 'Julliet'
261hp
759kg
Laptime:0.59.779
Isnt Juliet just a cutie? :lol: Well, until she slices your legs off with her canards. :P She is very suited to Tsukuba with the lightweight and low-ish power.

I'll keep that in mind once we need an R35 to beat on. :P

Thanks for all these shootouts! :D
Okay I've had an Lexus LFA sitting in my garage since I got to see one at the Vancouver Auto Show.... anyway couldn't ever drive the dumb thing as it was quite unpredictable and a quick search of the forums for a tune will leave you with some pretty undesirable results.

Anyway found your guys tune for it and gave it a shot and WOW! Beating my times with 600 pp cars and this one is just 554 and a heck of a lot heavier! I was running a tuned HPA TT at 600 pp (costing about 700k) and I can lap Laguna in it in 1:25.xxx The LFA you guys tuned up is lapping it in 1:23.xxx so consistantly that I ran 4 straight laps within the 1:23 time. Great speed and amazing grip for a car without really any downforce.

The car gets into corners nicely and out with great acceleration. I am no God's gift to the racing world and am probably an average driver at best (no idea if my 1:23 is decent or not but its my best time around Laguna with a car of that performance level) and yet this car feels constantly in control, good braking power and never that "wobbly" feeling when taking corners too fast.

Great tune guys and I kind of mad I didn't find this garage earlier....Anyway will for sure be trying out some other tunes here. Thanks a lot guys.
Thanks for the review! Laguna Seca is one of those tracks where the LFA can show it's best side. It's just great to wind that V10 all the way to the redline isnt it? :D But yeah, it is a difficult car to tune so it's expected that not every tune will be ideal for it. :grumpy:
Great work guys :)

One question though, the LFA gearbox settings, I can't set the values for 1,2,3,4. Any idea why?

My LFA gear ratios are for a stock power LFA. Once you add more power, the gear ratio adjustment ranges change, so you cant get the same ratios. Just get as close as you can, or use a higher max speed autoset and see if that helps. 👍

VTiRoj
Isnt Juliet just a cutie? :lol: Well, until she slices your legs off with her canards. :P She is very suited to Tsukuba with the lightweight and low-ish power.

I reckon she'd be even cuter when put into Elise '96 form. I think she'd look even better. Also was working on a light tune for the Elise '96, with 150bhp+ and 699kg weight. It's a very nice and slow, easy tune.

Last edited:
Since it's here, what car would you like to see crush the R35(I ain't calling it the GTR, cuz like I said, it doesn't deserve it)?

I reckon she'd be even cuter when put into Elise '96 form. I think she'd look even better. Also was working on a light tune for the Elise '96, with 150bhp+ and 699kg weight. It's a very nice and slow, easy tune.
The '96 Elise is much cuter, I do agree. Perhaps Juliet will get a sister. :P
Since it's here, what car would you like to see crush the R35(I ain't calling it the GTR, cuz like I said, it doesn't deserve it)?

I think I mentioned RJ's Camaro SC550 before. Try that. 👍

Back