S.N.A.I.L. Open-Wheel Shoot Out - Tuesday nights - Open To All

• Thread starter Oshawa-Joe
  • 645 comments

Do you want a Parity component added to this series?

• Yes

Votes: 7 58.3%
  • No

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • What are you talking about?

Votes: 3 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
A small oval would work, wouldn't it?

I've got that 3/8 mile oval on the D2 share. We used it in Oval Racing and it was a blast!!!

It truly a must have track anyway. So smooth and fun. Drift, Karts, and even racing full size cars are like the local small circle tracks.

I usually avoid custom tracks, as they only utilize the center monitor but once in awhile its bearable. ;)

If the Kart 125 is the choice for the next race ...... I would ask for feedback about choosing the Eiger Short Track, either direction. Please let me know your thoughts - I have run it before and it is challenging. Not going to choose until I hear your thoughts first.

If the Kart 125 is the choice for the next race ...... I would ask for feedback about choosing the Eiger Short Track, either direction. Please let me know your thoughts - I have run it before and it is challenging. Not going to choose until I hear your thoughts first.

I don't recall running it. Does the little jump cause issues.

I don't recall running it. Does the little jump cause issues.

Sorry, I meant to say that I have run it before and didn't seem to have any difficulties. The jump was the same as with cars - and the back straight did not hit the limiter, as I recall. You might give it a try and see what you think.

Sorry, I meant to say that I have run it before and didn't seem to have any difficulties. The jump was the same as with cars - and the back straight did not hit the limiter, as I recall. You might give it a try and see what you think.

Will do. I'm gonna jump on in about twenty minutes. You wanna meet up?

Will do. I'm gonna jump on in about twenty minutes. You wanna meet up?

Wish I could ........ still working for the paycheck - so have to make up for the day off yesterday. Self-employment has its drawbacks.
Let me know what you think.

Tried it out. The Reverse direction is much less drama. The normal way seems to be hit or miss on the jump after the start finish line. Outside that its great.

Is there a trick to that jump? Letting of and then part throttle seemed to be the only thing that was working for me.

In the end its your choice Tex. ill run whatever you decide. :)

Tried it out. The Reverse direction is much less drama. The normal way seems to be hit or miss on the jump after the start finish line. Outside that its great.

Is there a trick to that jump? Letting of and then part throttle seemed to be the only thing that was working for me.

In the end its your choice Tex. ill run whatever you decide. :)

I agree, the Rev direction would eliminate any "expected problems" with the jump by any/all. Soooooo, put down that as my track choice:
Eiger Short Track - Reverse.

Thanks for taking time to try it out, and offer your thoughts. Much better than just picking one without consideration.

See you at/around the tracks.

TEX36
I agree, the Rev direction would eliminate any "expected problems" with the jump by any/all. Soooooo, put down that as my track choice:
Eiger Short Track - Reverse.

Thanks for taking time to try it out, and offer your thoughts. Much better than just picking one without consideration.

See you at/around the tracks.

Nice, fun track in a Kart 👍

Anytime I get airborne I try to be square and off the throttle. Back on as I land. Even with that it seems a crap shoot, especially in a Kart.

Update

JULY 9TH, 2013 Line Up:
Car: Racing Kart 125 (Sport Soft Tires)
Track 1: Eiger Short Track - Reverse. (12 Laps)
Track 2: Top Gear (11 Laps)
Track 3: Kart Space 1 / Reverse (27 Laps)

Last edited:
I may be joining you fellas tonight. I'll have my mechanic prep my kart...

Really? Top Gear, honest we are going to race there? I have been dieing to race that track in this kind of environment. Oh man this will be fun!

Update

JULY 9TH, 2013 Line Up:
Car: Racing Kart 125 (Sport Soft Tires)
Track 1: Eiger Short Track - Reverse. (12 Laps)
Track 2: Top Gear (11 Laps)
Track 3: Kart Space 1 / Reverse (27 Laps)

We should run with penalties off on Kart Space. How about Top Gear? Maybe just run penalties off for the night.

I feel confident in turning it off. As in trust those we race with not to abuse the track. If anything mistakes won't destroy some racers race.

9249842347_3e9bee8426_h.jpg

I had to get that out of my system. I feel much better now.

I sent a friend request to division 2, which I don't have. Just need that to be accepted to race with you guys tonight.

Internet is back up just in time. I'll be hoping in in a couple to get some practice in.

I sent a friend request to division 2, which I don't have. Just need that to be accepted to race with you guys tonight.

on my way to accept fr.

EDIT: fr accepted

EDIT2: You'll have to exit GT5 if you were in it before I accepted.

kcheeb
on my way to accept fr.

EDIT: fr accepted

EDIT2: You'll have to exit GT5 if you were in it before I accepted.

Thanks! 👍

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back