Sardegna Leaderboard: Grind Times for 45 Cars, Strategies, Tunes & FAQ's (post 1.31)

• Thread starter BobDx123
  • 593 comments
Got 'em! Optimal lap was 1:34.600
20230418_183232.jpg

Tried again today. Didn't break 25 min due to A.I being silly, however, got My optimal down to 1:34.134 and my fastest lap down to 1:34.638! I was well on course for a sub 24:50.000. Next goal I guess!

Last edited:
@Pizzapants my jaw dropped when I first saw that…lol I thought you shattered the record by almost 20 seconds. I haven’t brought the Escudo to Tokyo yet but from what I remember anything in the 22’s there is Blazing Fast, 👍

———————————————————————
Here are a few more cars & times to share

* (Just a Side Note about the 787B) *
- I decided to take it out NA and was able to run a ton of aero. Obviously it’s not as fast but still MUCH faster than pre-update. Easy 23:30’s and many may find it a more pleasant drive. Although it lacks the acceleration at high speeds without the turbo, it’s still quick and responsive enough to lap around 1:30 flat.

Hyundai N 2025:
- I ran this car twice. First one took me until lap 7 to reduce the average laps from ~1:35 to 1:33’s which had me come in at 24:06.077. I tried again to get those times earlier in the race. Was working out well but had two crashes that were significant, including one into the wall across from the pits. However the lap saving early on was enough to still bring it lower down to 24:01.663 *I can see this car getting 23:40’s

@Chikan_GTR I can see from your lap time you’re already fast enough with it to reach the 23’s or extremely close 👍

McLaren VGT:
- Took this out for a spin. It can definitely get in the 23’s as well. The quick lap was almost a full second faster than my first run in the Hyundai. Just wasn’t a good race for me. I don’t remember if I started with stock suspension or just rearranged something from last update, either way it needs some work.

Sauber C9:
- Starts out pretty quick “as is”. Needs someone to put some love into a tune and time will absolutely go down. Not sure yet if its potential is on par with the 787B & R92CP but maybe it’s possible with work.

Porsche 962C & Jag XJR-9: These were both “meh” runs but have been surprised nobody’s posted them yet so figured would share the times either way. Before this, I had taken 962C out once when the update was released and believe it was also in the 23:40’s. The Jag’s time should definitely be lower, not sure what’s holding it back yet

7EEA7458-F5C1-4C71-97F7-264F90D17A21.png

FBE7EE3E-2CA3-4C9C-B7DB-D02BF0C39061.png

ED5CA420-E86E-4BC2-BFAF-38DC46065ADC.png

A48FC506-1D1E-45DD-9A0F-2A11EF0BF972.png

1D2FF0CB-C6FF-4981-AE98-756BE74AD5A2.png

Last edited:
@BobDx123 Great times all around may I ask what setup your using with the N2025?

I have a power and low weight setup with my so it only allows me to use RH tires.

Thanks man,

absolutely, this is what I used. I think majority is stock with couple changes to sway, N camber & height. I don’t think I touched the LCD, but probably should. It needs some help though, placing the weight a little up front probably messed things up. I haven’t tried other combinations yet, so not sure.

I fiddled with the fuel map for different laps in the first race and just stayed FM1 for the the second one. I didn’t feel any benefit taking the gears to the very top, just burning more, plus it looks like there’s a dramatic drop off at the end. First & second I filled the majority of the way and shifted closer to middle of the bar on others, sometimes a little earlier if was using more fuel than expected. I tried to keep an eye on the speed just to make sure it was progressing.

I kept the RH’s at pit on lap 8 and filled slight above the suggested, but below the top. On the last 7 I was probably a touch heavier up the RPM

92C2EE1D-44A0-42C0-828C-A0E3394DCD31.png 3F5195E3-259C-430F-A8CA-140E43DA5154.png

Been trying the nissan but i cant get close to a 22:59 im like 10-15sec off, its a rocketship down the straights but i just cant get the corners right
Same here. I gave the R92CP a try, and my first fairly clean/okay run was only 23:11. These Group C cars are quite different from the Escudo. They feel more planted but also more on a knife edge at the same time. By comparison, the Escudo feels faster, easier, and more forgiving to drive IMO. I also don’t like the fact that I have to short shift so early when on FM1/2, which makes it that much harder to drive at a consistent pace, and I wish these cars have 6 forward gears.

I may be able to improve, but I’m not sure about going below 23 minutes (the car still understeers too much). I will certainly need more time to get adjusted to driving these Group C cars again after getting so used to the Escudo….

Thanks man,

absolutely, this is what I used. I think majority is stock with couple changes to sway, N camber & height. I don’t think I touched the LCD, but probably should. It needs some help though, placing the weight a little up front probably messed things up. I haven’t tried other combinations yet, so not sure.

I fiddled with the fuel map for different laps in the first race and just stayed FM1 for the the second one. I didn’t feel any benefit taking the gears to the very top, just burning more, plus it looks like there’s a dramatic drop off at the end. First & second I filled the majority of the way and shifted closer to middle of the bar on others, sometimes a little earlier if was using more fuel than expected. I tried to keep an eye on the speed just to make sure it was progressing.

I kept the RH’s at pit on lap 8 and filled slight above the suggested, but below the top. On the last 7 I was probably a touch heavier up the RPM

View attachment 1249751 View attachment 1249752
Wonderful tune @BobDx123 I was able to down my time to 24:15 with this setup and I know where I'm slow the one turn that I still cant figure out about this track.

Turn 13 I get this turn wrong so many times is just become a nightmare turn for me.
sardegna-road-a.png

22:52 with the Escudo. Lower downforce + longish gears allows you to just about run FM4 the whole race and still manage to 2 stop, even without actively saving fuel. It's cutting it close enough that I sometimes even run out a few yards before the end of a stint, close enough that it doesn't really cost anything.

I'm a bit hopeless with suspension tuning, it's pretty much a frankenstein tune of a few different ones I've seen on here and modified everything else. Also this is without any GT Auto mods - didn't experiment too much but wide offset tyres seemed to kill high speed responsiveness and makes the last corner much more difficult to take flat out.
After doing some tests and tweaks, I came up with a variation of your setup that made me improve my times and overall race time (to low 23min which I never achieved before).
Maybe it will improve yours too.
It improved tire wear issue quite a bit aswell.

Take your setup and raise the downforce to:
Front 306 - Rear - 634
Add 12kg of ballast at position -10
Brakes at -5 upfront
(799,99 PP)

Thats it. You get a more stable, less nervous car, with more downforce and better braking capabilities, you go more confident round corners, and also destroys less the tires.

Last edited:
Tried again today. Didn't break 25 min due to A.I being silly, however, got My optimal down to 1:34.134 and my fastest lap down to 1:34.638! I was well on course for a sub 24:50.000. Next goal I guess!
20230422_093247.jpg

Getting even faster. I'd bet the aliens could do a sub 24:30.000 (Audi DTM RM tires 800pp)

Last edited:
After doing some tests and tweaks, I came up with a variation of your setup that made me improve my times and overall race time (to low 23min which I never achieved before).
Maybe it will improve yours too.
It improved tire wear issue quite a bit aswell.

Take your setup and raise the downforce to:
Front 306 - Rear - 634
Add 12kg of ballast at position -10
(799,99 PP)

Thats it. You get a more stable, less nervous car, with more downforce and better braking capabilities, you go more confident round corners, and also destroys less the tires.
Cheers, will try it out next time I'm on. I did experiment with slightly more downforce which I think is actually faster, but didn't string a better run togther. I know I go sub 22:50.

Anyway been messing with the R92CP the last few days. Initial runs were a bit rubbish and wasn't sure if I was going to bother with it for the same reasons that @Autobahn GTO mentioned. After a bit of tweaking based on the video I came up with this - was on for a 22:56 but messed up on the last lap after getting distracted by the AI.

Main thing is that I decided to lengthen first gear, probably technically slower if you're an alien, but for us mortals it's much less on the edge coming out of slow corners and a lot less wheel spin, which helps with tyre wear.

There's a low 50s + sub 28 FL in that tune but not sure if I'll bother going for it

Attachments

• Gran Turismo™ 7_20230422011002.jpg
    Gran Turismo™ 7_20230422011002.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 61
  • Gran Turismo™ 7_20230422165813.jpg
    Gran Turismo™ 7_20230422165813.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 59
  • Gran Turismo™ 7_20230422165818.jpg
    Gran Turismo™ 7_20230422165818.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 60
  • Gran Turismo™ 7_20230422170121.jpg
    Gran Turismo™ 7_20230422170121.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 54
Wonderful tune @BobDx123 I was able to down my time to 24:15 with this setup and I know where I'm slow the one turn that I still cant figure out about this track.

Turn 13 I get this turn wrong so many times is just become a nightmare turn for me.
View attachment 1249771
That’s awesome 👍

I forgot to mention I keep the difficulty on “hard” when racing this pace at Sardegna. There are a couple benefits; the AI drives faster (can draft some of them for extra speed and gas saving) causing less congestion of slow cars in your way and limits the number of cars you lap. For example, on your race info it shows you had to pass all 19 other drivers twice where I only lapped 4 of them a second time. That can make a big difference in the number of laps with no traffic. Some cars may do better on “normal” difficulty at a slower pace.

I’m not sure if you or anyone else might find this helpful but happy to explain what’s been useful/working for me in turn 13; others may do it differently.

There are two similar methods I use, one essentially being a lift where after turning towards the right marker you shed speed coasting from right to left towards the apex. The other tries to cut nearly a straight through the middle, aiming the center of your car while approaching the right side marker with your right wheel cutting almost into the grass. Picture lining up the right side marker with the marker at the apex and inline with the one after the turn.

I started writing the majority of it before but didn’t finish so I have it pasted elsewhere for the meantime

I’ll edit this post a little later

Last edited:
I don’t know how I managed to do it but I seem to have hurt my wrist while driving the Escudo in VR with a controller LMAO! That low downforce setup was too wild for me so I maxed the rear downforce and increased the front as much as I could before hitting 800pp and I could actually control it, but I think the fuel economy may have taken a hit so I’ve been doing 2-stoppers. It’s very difficult balancing the massive turbo lag and just the perfect amount of short-shifting to save enough fuel for a one-stop, and since there’s no shift indicator in VR you gotta really watch the tach while driving. Also the brake zones are much more useless than normal, if you actually brake for the whole red area you would probably come to a complete stop; the brake zone is so large you can’t even use it as a visual cue for braking.

I changed @RealPlonker tune slightly to try and make it better in the traction zones but it didn't turn in as well through 5 and 13 but it was easier to mash the accelerator out of the corners without me dying from snap oversteer, ill still probably keep changing the setting there is a sweet spot somewhere with great turn in and traction on exit.
Changes were
Camber to 2.0F/2.0R
And diff settings down to
Also ran brake bias all the way to rear 5

Yeah i always struggle on the first lap to dodge all the traffic the big group of cars end up 3 wide at the left kink on the back straight, every now and then they leave me just enough room to pass but sometimes they are wall to wall

Latest Posts

Back