Sardegna Leaderboard: Grind Times for 45 Cars, Strategies, Tunes & FAQ's (post 1.31)

• Thread starter BobDx123
  • 593 comments
What a nice thread to find out which car is the best for this grinding race.

After 2 runs to adjust to the new setup (I used a mix of what everyone around here posted, for reference: power: 832bhp weight: 880kg), on the 3rd run, I was able to get this time with the Mazda 787B (controller user here):

787B Sardegna.jpg

Will give it a go with the R92CP tomorrow and will try every Gr.1 that I own for that matter. But I think the Gr.C cars are far better at 800pp. The LMP1s get pp bashed by their downforce and their hybrid boost.

Last edited:
Here's my run with my Frankenstein setup (a mix of the setups posted here). Still not that happy with the setup and got badly blocked by the AI cars a few times on this run. I'm using FM1 on the 1st stint and FM2 on the 2nd stint, because I can get at least 2 clear laps with no traffic during the 1st stint. Once you start lapping the field, it's almost impossible to get a clear lap.

Gran Turismo® 7_20230423160532.jpg

T-Box and Autobahn you guys are really fast great times, i dont think id have the speed and consistency to get the time down that low 22:47 is insane

Consistency is one of the things I actively worked on when I started GT7. I was always focused on trying to go as fast as possible all the time, but I realized that I need to take it down a notch, and aim for (relatively) similar laptimes, even if they're a bit slower.

Thanks for the words of advice t-box just managed this run but i had to do it all of fm2 and i still ran out of fuel on the last lap down the main straight? Tweeked the tune a bit now getting low 28s on fm2
image.jpg

H
Thanks for the words of advice t-box just managed this run but i had to do it all of fm2 and i still ran out of fuel on the last lap down the main straight? Tweeked the tune a bit now getting low 28s on fm2View attachment 1250339
I saw your text before but I knew you had more to squeeze out and would be back in the runnings. GREAT job!

Edit: On a side note, I’ve been testing a trick to save a little gas with number of cars…

Basically, after crossing the finish line I have been switching to FM6 and getting to highest gear until its time to brake at first turn. IMO heading towards it any faster mostly just lengthens your braking distances.

Last edited:
Hey Guys,

Just wanted to touch base about a few things and fill you all in on a couple new features I’ve included in the first post.

I’ve created two new sections:

1) for the fastest driver and runner up (Displayed in red) who hold the quickest times overall with any car. For now it just reports the top 2 drivers but we can expand that number now or wait for more people to participate. It didn’t make sense to display so many drivers that are already listed below it in a different section.

2) a list recognizing all members for have joined the “22 club” ie. breaking the 23 minute barrier highlighting how many cars they’ve broken it with (Displayed in Green)

30206712-AB2D-488E-8809-96CC577E03B2.jpeg

Things I’d like to add:

1. Lots of Video Examples: including runs from various drivers with different cars/tunes. I think these will serve as an incredibly helpful guide for everyone to learn. Even at the highest level, some of you will likely find that others achieving the same time as you are doing some things different that may be useful to try out. I think this part is important to grow a group of increasingly faster times all around. While videos from the races may be the most helpful, even sharing practice in Time Trials will help others understand a variety of the best ways to deal with each sector in a particular car/tune combo.

2. Unless you’re uncomfortable sharing a setup, displaying the modifications made to other tunes will be useful for others to try and determine which changes may work with their driving style the most. If it’s not too much trouble, when sharing, please list whether you’re using a wheel or controller when posting a tune/mod. If that info isn’t easy to find, others won’t know without searching many previous posts to see if it’s been mentioned elsewhere.

* I might be able to streamline this if the info is provided to me. For example, if I know member “xxx” always uses a remote, I could include that information in the 2nd post which is working to be the hub for finding everyone’s tunes & strategies. I already have a few ideas about how I could incorporate that.

3. Please feel free to discuss any challenges during the race and how you’ve been dealing with it. I’m still putting together a FAQ to help address some diffulties others have in the race with possible solutions from other members.

* If anyone has other suggestions for the thread i’d love to hear any ideas. Also, if you feel something isn’t working out well or not be displayed properly please say something. Lastly, I’m trying to keep up with the leaderboards, however a lot of new times are starting to come in. If I missed seeing your time or it got skipped, just tag me in the post and I’ll get it up there

EDIT: There’s still more information I’m adding here but wanted to get part of it out in the meantime

Last edited:
Here's my best run with the R92CP, out of 3. Also a mix of setups used around here, mostly similar to Turbodatsun's.

It's definitely faster than the 787B, but the biggest issue is the traffic. Got greedy trying to pass 2 lapped cars on the back straight, between them, one of them unpredictably ended up moving and I rear ended him, getting some time loss alongside some heavy damage on the front.
I also on the last 7 laps after pitting was pushing like crazy and my rear tyres were burned to bits, and I ended up about 2 seconds out of fuel on the final lap on the start/finish straight.

Definitely room for a sub 22:45 if everything is near perfect.

I also notice, after retrying a few bits on the first lap, that the AI is really random when it comes to their behaviour, every time. Sometimes the Mazda RX Vision GT3 is ahead of the NSX after turn 1, and other times it's behind it and that massively changes the way you have to handle that first lap. There's also a wild group of cars (the BMWs alongside the Subarus and the Audi R8) on the back straight that sometimes are far apart each other, other times they are all close together side-by-side alongside the entire track making it impossible to overtake them.

R92CP Sardegna.jpg

Will try the Escudo tomorrow since that seems to be one of the fastest cars around here as well.

Last edited:
Great time grimmjack i find the same struggles on the first lap, the group of cars down the back straight are either single file allowing you to pass or 3 wide creating a road block at 300km/h🤣

I found a time calculator and did some rough calculations it looks like to get to the 22:50 time every free lap need to be sub 1:29s on average and thats with a 1:31 starting lap a 2:00 pitstop lap and the lap after the pitstop 1:32
C1FD03A2-D864-4C67-8720-B1D9F0DCC226.png

I found a time calculator and did some rough calculations it looks like to get to the 22:50 time every free lap need to be sub 1:29s on average and thats with a 1:31 starting lap a 2:00 pitstop lap and the lap after the pitstop 1:32View attachment 1250498
On the second stint I pull mostly low 1:28s and even 1:27s on the free laps.
I wasn't able to do a 1:29 on my second lap because I got the blue AMG parked right on the apex of T1 and then on the backstraight, I got the Viper on the apex of the following turn...

You need luck with the AI as well to get some of these times.
I'm using the Hard AI, don't know if using the Easy AI will change things too much, I think it will make it worse because you will be lapping cars more of the time and also the AI are way too slow, which at the tight sections, won't be ideal for us to overtake.

Here's a run I did with the XJR-9 while using the same Diff and Suspension settings as the other Group C cars, as well as the gear ratios, with a very long 1st gear. Only difference with this is that I had to lower down power by a lot because of fuel consumption issues and also because this car has better handling than the 787B and the R92CP, which is what compensates for it because I can do the last turn almost flat out (only slight lift) and turn 13 is much better tackled. The car however does require a lot of throttle control out of slow speed corners.

Another sub 23 with another Gr.C car. I tried the Escudo but after experiencing it's abysmal handling, I'll leave it for last...

XJR-9 Sardegna.jpg

Sauber C9 will be next.

EDIT: I did a lower overall time with the 787B but I feel like this car is faster, I went into the grass on one of the laps on T1 while lapping some cars and had some trouble with traffic... Yet I lapped all of the field 2x but with the Mazda I failed to lap the 2nd place the second time.

Last edited:
Here's a run I did with the XJR-9 while using the same Diff and Suspension settings as the other Group C cars, as well as the gear ratios, with a very long 1st gear. Only difference with this is that I had to lower down power by a lot because of fuel consumption issues and also because this car has better handling than the 787B and the R92CP, which is what compensates for it because I can do the last turn almost flat out (only slight lift) and turn 13 is much better tackled. The car however does require a lot of throttle control out of slow speed corners.

Another sub 23 with another Gr.C car. I tried the Escudo but after experiencing it's abysmal handling, I'll leave it for last...

View attachment 1250666

Sauber C9 will be next.

EDIT: I did a lower overall time with the 787B but I feel like this car is faster, I went into the grass on one of the laps on T1 while lapping some cars and had some trouble with traffic... Yet I lapped all of the field 2x but with the Mazda I failed to lap the 2nd place the second time.
Wow Grimm,

Getting all 3 cars set right and under 23 in just a few days is crazy. Would love to learn what tuning adjustments you’ve found work best with these for the controller. Did you really find a suspension and LSD that works across the 787B, R92CP and the XJR-9??

The C9 has loads of power, very confident that will be a sub 23 as well after its set up well. Even without a proper tune the test run was fast for me right out the gate. From what I remember it also had the gas guzzling quality.

Great Job!

Here's the C9 run. Only did two, but I can tell this car is definitely not as fast as the other 3, maybe it's even with the XJR-9 but since I did a run without any major mistakes, and this was the best I could do, I really don't see much margin to improve. Sub 23 is possible of course, but not much below that unless there's a secret setup around.

Fuel consumption is what drags down this car. I have to be preverse fuel on both stints, especially on the first stint until lap 8. Tyres is actually reasonable, better than the XJR-9 in that regard.

C9 Sardegna.jpg

Next will be the 962C.

I can provide setups at a later date, but they aren't much different than what's been posted already in regards to the 787B and R92CP.

Last edited:
Great time t-box are you finding the faster you go the more you catch the lapped cars in the corner rather then catching them on the straights

Damn another one that the game crashed after the race, didn’t get to save the replay but the first stint was low 28’s and the second stint was low 28’s with 3 27’s
The wind and AI were kind this race

Attachments

• 5DBC0EB9-ED40-4A4E-BDF0-CC6FD17340FA.jpeg
    5DBC0EB9-ED40-4A4E-BDF0-CC6FD17340FA.jpeg
    172 KB · Views: 30
Damn another one that the game crashed after the race, didn’t get to save the replay but the first stint was low 28’s and the second stint was low 28’s with 3 27’s
The wind and AI were kind this race
That’s crazy with the crashing… are you on PS4 or PS5?

I have no idea how you and @TUSMBOX both continue to keep pushing that time down, it’s just nuts.

It’s definitely weird how different the AI can be, feels like there are more variations than before the update. One of my races week or two ago had me lapping that lead driver twice when my time was only in the 23 teens.

I was thinking it would be cool if there was a setting for the AI to be driving Gr.1 cars here, then maybe we would have to worry so much about lapping and slow cars ending up in terrible positions to take over.

BTW, channel Skull Busters just shared a version of your tune for the R92CP and gave you credit in the video

Great time t-box are you finding the faster you go the more you catch the lapped cars in the corner rather then catching them on the straights
Honestly, there's no real pattern. My last run, I think I passed more often on the straights, but it varies so much between runs.

Hey, I'm new here! I was wondering how much faster you all would get if you wallrided that turn with the church, transition from sector 1 into sector 2? I can shave of multiple seconds per lap doing this

Hey, I'm new here! I was wondering how much faster you all would get if you wallrided that turn with the church, transition from sector 1 into sector 2? I can shave of multiple seconds per lap doing this
I didn’t even think that was possible there. how fast are you exiting out from the wall?

Haven’t done any wall riding since Tokyo got nerfed for a free CRB. Doing it on that very first turn used to save quite a bit of time

I didn’t even think that was possible there. how fast are you exiting out from the wall?

Haven’t done any wall riding since Tokyo got nerfed for a free CRB. Doing it on that very first turn used to save quite a bit of tiYou

Haven’t done any wall riding since Tokyo got nerfed for a free CRB. Doing it on that very first turn used to save quite a bit of time
You dont get any penalty whatsoever, and compared to my non-grinding runs you win 2-3 seconds each laps. Also, AI doesnt fully use the width of the track at that corner, so you can savely pass everyone.

Dont know if its important, but i managed to do a 22:54 run with the escudo using wallriding. I believe the nissan R92CP is going to benefit more as it has less downforce and lower turnspeeds in general

I know that some guys here will say this is lame and so on, but come on, this race itself is lame and we try to find the best possible way to get some credits :D

Last edited:
Back