Seasonal Tuning Challenge 1: Nurb time trial! Testing done by 5/2!

DigitalBaka

How hard can it be?
Premium
United States
IL, USA
DigitalBaka
DigitalBaka587
(Insert pretty pic here)

Seasonal Tuning Challenge 1: World's Greatest

We like to move fast around here, in the cars and in forums as well. With the (fantastic) Japanese Auto Celebration coming to a close we look on to the next event in May and to our host, NascarManiaco.

But what to do between now and then? Sit around in the garage? Watch other people drive? No and no. Enter the Seasonal Tuning Challenge. These are fast, confined events that fill the gaps between the bigger shootouts. This will be our inaugural event and what better time could we have picked? In the seasonal time trials we have what is arguably one of the world's greatest tracks to drive on with some high powered cars: Nurburgring Nordschleife. And the car? In a change from normal, where we shun race cars and concepts, we will have both as our required vehicle.

How It Works​

We will run in the seasonal time trial. The specified car MUST be used and is available from the New Car Dealership. Tune it any way you like as long as it meets the requirements for the event, share it let the drivers put it to the test. Tuners may also participate as drivers. Drivers must drive all tunes for their times to be valid in the final results. The fastest average time will be the overall winner. Tuners, make sure that once your car is shared it stays available. If you need someone to host a car for you, ask sooner than later. Also, make sure you have added all drivers to your (or your host's) PSN friend list as soon as you can once your car is posted and shared.

Short List
  • Tune the specified car for the trial
  • Use whatever parts are allowed by the event restrictions set by PD
  • Ensure you car is shared and will stay shared for the duration of the event
  • Drivers are required to test all cars for their times to be valid in the final results
  • Winners will be calculated based on average (valid) times of all drivers
  • Enter in as many places as you want (tuning and/or driving)

Time Trial 1: Nurburgring Nordschleife

For this time trial, participating tuners will tune the Lexus IS-F Racing Concept. Use whatever parts you feel are necessary (or not) and tune it so that it is legal for the event. Ensure you have fully broken in the car and changed the oil before placing it on share. Rule breakers will get a finger-waggle and a frowny face...I'm not kidding. :odd:

Car Specifics

For the 'Ring trial you MUST tune the Lexus IS-F Racing Concept '08. The car available in a few different ways. You may use any parts that are available as long as the car is still legal to enter the time trial seasonal event. Before sharing the cars must be fully broken in (about 200 miles) and have had a fresh oil change.

IS-F Racing Concept '08
  • Lexus Dealership - 750,000 cr.
  • B-Spec Nurburgring 4hr Endurance
  • 2008 Birthday Ticket

Deadlines​

You don't need to pick your car for this so tuners will not have the longer time they usually have. Tunes must be posted and cars shared by April 28th. Drivers will have until the time trials are taken down on May 2nd to get all of their times in. If there are complications we will address them as we go along. Please plan accordingly and ensure you are able to complete what you commit to do. I can't make PSN or your internet stay up so don't wait until the last minute.

Stuff You Will Get

All participants on both sides, tuning and driving, will have their choice of a 250K car from the NCD. First place tuners will get a Lv20+ ticket of their choice or a 1M NCD car, second will get one up to Lv17 or a 500K NCD car. Top three fastest individual drivers for each track will receive an additional 250K car. The additional prize may only be won once (in an effort to spread the wealth :P) and the Nurburgring track will take precedence; if you are top three there you will be removed from consideration at Spa to make room for another driver.

Questions below please. OP will be edited to reflect any changes. Make good use of your time and have fun! :dopey:

Last edited:
So…let me get this straight…no performance parts other than oil change and break in, right?

You can use whatever is available as long as the car is legal to enter the event. 👍

You'll want to make sure you pass HP, weight, PP, tires, etc. If GT5 allows it into the event, you're good.

All participants on both sides, tuning and driving, will have their choice of a 250K car from the NCD.

All?! :dopey:

All. :D You tune a car, you get a car. You drive the cars, you get a car. But only one. Except for me. I get as many as I want....you know, since the credits are mine anyway...

Expensive for me, good for everyone else. :crazy:

Sure! Which PSN did you want me to put down?

Just a note to anyone wondering about the cars, both are available in the NCD and as prize cars. The Lexus is the B-Spec Nurb 4hr and the Audi is from the A-Spec Nurb 24hr. The Audi can also be had from a Lv23 or '06 ticket. The Lexus is a Lv16 for which there isn't a ticket (yet) or the '08. I'll put some details up top.

Sure! Which PSN did you want me to put down?

My main one, RoJJieE.

I'm breaking in another IS-F since my other one is a bit over-tuned for the seasonal. I don't like using excessive values on the power limiter, so yeah, I'll probably have my car up a bit later than expected.

Looks like I'll be buying at least an IS-F.:drool:

Not sure if I'll do both yet.

My main one, RoJJieE.

I'm breaking in another IS-F since my other one is a bit over-tuned for the seasonal. I don't like using excessive values on the power limiter, so yeah, I'll probably have my car up a bit later than expected.

Same for me, I've been breaking in mine, if I can get it to drive well, I'll submit, if not, then…well, you know.

I've just discovered though, drop GT5 for 3 days, what little skill I had with the DS3 is gone. Need to go find it again……same for you, Roj?

Same for me, I've been breaking in mine, if I can get it to drive well, I'll submit, if not, then…well, you know.

I've just discovered though, drop GT5 for 3 days, what little skill I had with the DS3 is gone. Need to go find it again……same for you, Roj?

Not exactly. No matter how much time off I take from GT5, when I go back to it, I'm still good enough to gold seasonals, but perhaps not good enough to set any kind of record. :lol:

Not exactly. No matter how much time off I take from GT5, when I go back to it, I'm still good enough to gold seasonals, but perhaps not good enough to set any kind of record. :lol:

I mean, when you get back on, you feel slightly…blunter with the inputs, and everything doesn't feel as precise…for me, it does. As for records, I thought that went without saying? :lol:

I mean, when you get back on, you feel slightly…blunter with the inputs, and everything doesn't feel as precise…for me, it does. As for records, I thought that went without saying? :lol:

Maybe if I don't play on my PS3 at all then sure I might trip over the controls, but I generally have no problem with anything you just said. All that happens is I become a bit out of touch with the physics so I have to remind myself of braking distances and such.

Drag here to bump thread because of Roj…going to make sure you get at least a stapler in your mouth for this. :lol:

Anyway, I'm in, it seems. The moment the ice is out of the lower gears, I reckon it's ready. And since me and Roj seem to have this one as a two way fight, we've agreed to rope someone else in.

So, introducing tuning nobody………later. :P Anyway, thread bumped, you can post your tune now with a clean conscience, Roj.

Figured more folks would jump at this with "Nurbugring" anywhere in the thread. :odd: Oh well, it is what it is. If it stays small it should be easy to get the best laps possible out of the tunes.

Somebody likes taking pictures at Kyoto. :lol: Looking forward to the drive. 👍

Well, I can tell you, you'd be driving 2 more cars. It's all for the 600PP category, and it consists of me and, after a lot of debating, our partner in crime, Andre madboi, aka uMadson?. So yea, we're just using this place to settle our little disputes and what have you. :lol:

Come to think of it…since no one is entering the 700PP category…I might as well enter and win by default! A win is a win. :P

I would like to ask to those that are entering this shootout, to leave they cars shared.. There are some of us who are too busy or too lazy (my case :P) to break in totally the engine.

Come to think of it…since no one is entering the 700PP category…I might as well enter and win by default! A win is a win. :P

I have an R10 tune but it's for the Stealth. Break in an R10 and apply my Stealth settings for me please? :dopey:

Well for the safety of others, and my inability to tune cars, I would have entered this competition, but I can't get these cars to handle worth a s**t. Good luck to all, and I'll be watching :dopey:

It's the IS-F Racing Concept for the 600PP one correct?:drool:

I've had one for who knows how long but not sure I ever even drove it...guess its time for me to find out eh?:crazy:

Bumpity~ :D Just a couple days left to get tunes in if you're gonna. Gonna close down the Spa challenge as it looks like nobody is that interested. So gimmie your best Lexus~!

And if there are some folks who might be interested in doing the driving, let me know. 👍

Well for the safety of others, and my inability to tune cars, I would have entered this competition, but I can't get these cars to handle worth a s**t. Good luck to all, and I'll be watching :dopey:

you have tamed a 600hp SRT4 so this car should be a piece of cake for you! :lol:

Back