SFGTP3 - "The Threesome" - Yeah, Baby!

Ill run out of oil before I hit the 680...

I dont think ill be coming, part time work and full time school make it impossible to do anything really.

I still have to sell my DFP...I havent used it since my PS2 died

Oakland is closer to chez Smallhorses (and easier to get to/from). Just don't stop at a random gas station to go to the bathroom.
CAMikaze, depending on which St. Lawrence you're in (apparently there's 2 in PA, one near Pittsburgh and another near Philly :confused:) will depend on which airlines you can use, and if you can do Pittsburgh -> Oakland, Jetblue is pretty cheap (~$300 roundtrip) and a great airline to fly with!
I'll certainly add you to the maybe pile for now though! 👍
'Horses, I live in the St. Lawrence near Philly; Berks County to be more precise. I did some surfing in some travel websites and see that Frontier Airlines has the best airfare and travel itineary that suits me so far. Only thing is they go to SFO.:indiff: I'll see what Southwest can offer. Maybe JetBlue as well. :)

Southwest should be good for getting to SFO or OAK.
SFO isn't the end of the world, the BART system runs from there to within a mile of where I live, so it'd be easy to collect you from there.
Keep us posted with details as you get them though.

I regret to say though, that free accommodation is out of the question now, as both our spare beds are already spoken for, but there may be enough interest from other folks about perhaps sharing a room at one of the local hotels, which'd cut costs significantly. :)

How many days to go?

Looks like 85 days to go, and I am in! 👍

Don't need a place to stay, 💡 I can commute.

Keep us posted on the festivities, and looking forward to it!

:cheers:
Kevin

I regret to say though, that free accommodation is out of the question now, as both our spare beds are already spoken for, but there may be enough interest from other folks about perhaps sharing a room at one of the local hotels, which'd cut costs significantly. :)
No couch, or floor space? I can provide a sleeping bag... :sly: I won't eat too much food, I promise!

Scheduling the time off work right now :) I'll be flyin' down Kyle sorry I can only take one day off work with my other vacation time in July. But pencil me in as an attendee Nick! Woot!

Jerome

Scheduling the time off work right now :) I'll be flyin' down Kyle sorry I can only take one day off work with my other vacation time in July.
If you leave work Friday afternoon, you can still drive down and be there by 4 am...in plenty of time for the first race! 💡

My flight is booked, so no changing dates! (Nick, I sent you a PM :P).

Will have to clear it with parents and with my bank account first but I'm going to give myself a definite maybe just on the ground of always wanting to attend one of these things, and being only about 90 minutes away. If I can crash somewhere (I can provide sleeping bag or whatnot) without getting jumped in the night, that will probably help my bargaining power. :)

Oh! I forgot to add...if this turnout is anything like the previous two...I'll bring my webcam and a do "LIVE BROADCAST" on Blogtv.com under my screename MrSixFive

Simply go through the FREE REGISTRATION PROCESS, using a FREE EMAIL ADDRESS if needed, and once the event starts, the show will go LIVE!

This way, no matter where you are in the world, (as long as you're up and awake during the time the event is going on), you can see the event in 'real time' and even ask questions/interact with everyone there!

NOTE: If you're a viewer of the show and have your own web-cam, you can even fill in as a 'co-host' if you want and get up in front of everyone and do some live commentary!

Cheers,

SimRaceDriver

As I've said, the Smallhorses' ranch is, despite the fact that it has a double garage, actually pretty small (CA prices and all!), so we're limited to how many we can sleep! :(
That said, there are 4 hotels within walking distance, which are pretty reasonable for a night if split a couple of ways, and ceiling_fan also made a tentative offer for accommodation at his folks place, which may suit CardcaptorYoshi, since if you're having to seek parental approval, I can assume you're probably not old enough (like David) to join in the beer & pool related Saturday Night activity, and we certainly can't leave you home alone!

@ Ray, the webcam was a smash hit last time, and we had viewers from all over the place, notably CAMikaze (who might even make "The Threesome") and Kikie in Belgium! Anything you can coordinate with our webmaster from last time, alrivers, would be absolutely stellar! Especially if there's space to store either the output from a webcam, or a monitor PS2, since that makes the results write-up a lot easier, since I won't have to take notes, and can concentrate on organising races, and enjoying myself! Commentary sounds great! I'm going to go and brush up on my Murray Walker * skills to put off jump_ace & KLR142. :P

I'm actually considering, given the fact that we may have more potential attendees than reasonable space, trying to find a suitable secure room to rent for this LAN, although that would mean a little fee for attending which ideally I'd like to avoid.

* "Murraying" - Suffering from a case of the commentator's curse, best demonstrated repeatedly by the great Murray Walker, (a.k.a. "Muddly Talker") whose habit of managing to say just the wrong thing at the right moment, made him one of the most legendary of motorsports commentators. Observe......

Hey Kyle-Seattle what time and date are you flying in so I can try to get as close as possible so Nick can do it in one trip? Can't wait, just have to iron out these little details and what I should bring, oh and stop playing so much COD4 too :sly:

Jerome

Hey Kyle-Seattle what time and date are you flying in so I can try to get as close as possible so Nick can do it in one trip?
I'm flying down Thursday night, renting a car, and staying in a hotel that first night. I've got a couple of close friends in the Bay Area that I should probably make an effort to see on Friday...you know, before sequestering myself in a garage for the rest of the weekend :D.

Cool, just wanted to see what was what, see you there dude!

Jerome

Whelp, you can take me off the maybe list... :( Not going to make it this time guys.

Sorry to hear that Kyle. :(
I'm really looking forward to actually meeting you for real one of these days!
I may have to make a trip up to Seattle for one of Bobkart's gigs sometime this year, but I can't promise anything either. :guilty:

Dang. Well if I can stop myself from playing COD4 so much I might actually practice GT-....Ratchet and Clank Size Matters comes out tomorrow too, D'OH! Plus Super Smash Brothers, that is good drunken fun there with some friends :). I will attempt to get some good practice in on the wheel, I will atleast try it for a few races :nervous:

Jerome

Also wanted to mention here that you should begin to think about any cars in particular that you'd especially like to see featured in the racing.
I can't specifically promise to include everything, and I'd also like, if possible, to avoid repeating cars that've been used already at the past 2 events.

The Clio Endurance will be on the cards, as will hopefully a few pick'n'mixes and a couple of handicaps. :D

I have 1 handicap & 1 pick'n'mix ready as leftovers from SFGTP2 preparation, so they'll get priority. 👍

I may have to make a trip up to Seattle for one of Bobkart's gigs sometime this year, but I can't promise anything either. :guilty:
And there's no better climate to stay inside and play video games than Seattle ;). Bob's setup is pretty sweet, except for the controller toggle switches :boggled:. It's also a stone's throw away from where I grew up. In fact, at the last meeting, one of the other players was someone I knew from high school and hadn't seen for years :lol:.

We should have a pick'n'mix of those mysterious LM cars that don't actually exist, all on street courses. I think they're all pretty well-matched and fun to toss around tight corners :D.

We should have a pick'n'mix of those mysterious LM cars that don't actually exist, all on street courses. I think they're all pretty well-matched and fun to toss around tight corners :D.

Spoon S2000 Race Car :drool: The best handling car in the game, apart from 70hp econoboxes that turn like they're on rails. :dopey:

Spoon S2000 Race Car :drool: The best handling car in the game, apart from 70hp econoboxes that turn like they're on rails. :dopey:

Perhaps you are referring to the Amuse R1 S200 Race Car? The gold and black one (default color)? But ya, great handling car!

As for races, I would like to see a race or two, we can call them 'quickies' where everyone is in the same car for 5 laps not for any points or anything just to break the ice (or pop the cherry w/e the case may be). Perhaps just as a warm up then we can go into the mix n match, etc.

Jerome

Oh THAT one, isn't that car in one of the license tests? Maybe mission mode, but ya that is a sweet car too.

Jerome

Also wanted to mention here that you should begin to think about any cars in particular that you'd especially like to see featured in the racing.
:
<---------------'69 Ford GT 40 on a City Track would be FANTASTIC!

Otherwise, I am up for just about anything. 👍

EDK
<---------------'69 Ford GT 40 on a City Track would be FANTASTIC!

Otherwise, I am up for just about anything. 👍

I 2nd that notion, that is my favorite sounding car in the game :D

Jerome

:lol: @ ceiling_fan!

I can try to include the Ford GT40 Race Car '69 amongst the selections for this event, however, with only 6 race stations, perhaps 10 or so drivers, and a random track generator, it's very difficult to guarantee that you'd be driving a particular car/track combo.

Keep the suggestions coming. 👍

Back