SFGTP3 - "The Threesome" - Yeah, Baby!

Caught red handed Nick! lol. That was a good race too tho. I find that on slower cars I over brake cause I'm used to faster ones, and even in those cars I try to never 100% brake :ouch:

Jerome

True! ;)
[Snobby Fashion Critic] But Spitfires @ Trial Mountain are just soooo 2007, y'know?!!!! [/Snobby Fashion Critic]

I'd like to make sure we try to run stuff that's not featured in an SFGTP yet. 👍

I have some evil combos in mind though. :mischievous:
Mwhahah <---- I actually saw a Porsche Boxster today on Interstate 880 with that as the licence plate!!! :lol:

I will try to get ready then Nick 👍 Can't wait, I get paid this friday so I can get the flight info for you then :)

Jerome

I have some evil combos in mind though. :mischievous:
Mwhahah <---- I actually saw a Porsche Boxster today on Interstate 880 with that as the licence plate!!! :lol:

:lol: That's great. The other day I saw an Elise with I&#9829;CURVES. Which is weird because it is 8 letters...

:lol: That's great. The other day I saw an Elise with I&#9829;CURVES. Which is weird because it is 8 letters...

Is that a black Elise? I think it's I&#9829;CURVS (missed out the E to make it fit) I've seen it parked in Berkeley a few times, around Destination 1440 where I go to get my snowboarding gear.

Anyway, just for a reminder, as far as tracks go, we'll be running pretty much all of the tarmac tracks in the game, with the exception of Test Curse, Motegi Super Speedway, Citta Di Aria and Costa D'Amalfi. We'll run most things forwards and backwards if they can be run that way, but won't be doing anything that can't usually be done in the game e.g. Laguna Seca / Nurburgring / Suzuka reverse! :P So start practising Seoul Reverse so we don't have a repeat of the wall slamming incident that occured at SFGTP1 when no-one could remember where the first turn was!!! :lol:

...start practicing Seoul Reverse so we don't have a repeat of the wall slamming incident that occurred at SFGTP1 when no-one could remember where the first turn was!!! :lol:

ROFLMAO! That was a MEMORABLE event....I almost spit my soda out reading this post and thinking back to that day!

Oh! If anyone's interested in a updated racing rig, I'm parting out my Race Frame Pro w/Sparco Seat, with ECCI Pedals, Frex Wheel/shifter if anyone's interested! If so, email me at raymejr@yahoo.com and I'll forward off some pics

Thanks!

SimRaceDriver

/\ For those prices it should have a lifetime warranty :scared:

Jerome

Other things I'm thinking of....

You may wish to bring an Earthquake survival kit. :scared: (See page 2 of this thread for details!)

Other contestants for MCFPCotW award are welcomed, or the prize will doubtless go home with ceiling_fan again! :lol:

I'm still debating whether or not to do T-shirts this time, they're a lot of effort to do, and don't hold up well to washing (which they'll need if you sweat as much as I do while trying to keep up with jump_ace!!!! :mischievous:)

Hi Nick

Sorry I have been out of touch for so long :(

I definately cant make this one :( (I know you'll be shocked to hear) May 22nd is my wedding aniversary and we already have a vacation booked in South Carolina. But I do still have the PS2 waiting for you. Just say the word and I'll Fed-Ex it off to you. I can also ship you the DFP wheel and pedals so long as you can get them back to me.

If any of that would be usefull just let me know.

Sorry to hear you'll not be visiting again, but have an absolutely wonderful wedding anniversary and vacation! (Just remember that you're British, and therefore naturally allergic to Sun when you're on the beach! Wear tonnes of sunscreen as I frequently forget to do whilst out in the convertible, and invariably come home that specific shade of cooked Lobster-Red that only a Brit-in-the-Sun can achieve! :ouch:)

For Strop's benefit, the network adaptor would without doubt be a huge bonus!

I have your SFGTP2 T-shirt in the garage still, so if you'd be so kind as to lend us your PS2 network adaptor, I'll send you the T-shirt as temporary compensation! :D

I still have my previous T-Shirt to show off so I'm okay with not getting another one as you and Rachel do enough for us imo. Maybe I missed it but are we putting together a list of needed items and also what others are bringing again?

Jerome

Yeah! I should have a glance through the thread so far and update the equipment list in post #1. :guilty:
Basically as long as we have 6 networkable PS2s, 6 x DS2, 6 x wheel setups, 6 TVs and enough powerstrips for everything we should in theory be OK, as I've got the network switch & cabling sorted, tables are here from last time.

If we have extra equipment, that's great, it's good to have backups, and far better to have too much rather than too little!
Once again lunches will involve a trip over to the Public Market for a wide variety of International cuisines, at most of which you can get more food & drink than you can manage for under $10!

I'm not surprised that jump_ace's T-shirt is still good, you seemed to remain ice-cool
frosty.gif
whilst disappearing into the distance, while the rest of us
slug.gif
&
turtle.gif
behind you were getting a little
toast.gif
ed!!!!

Nah, you guys got some wins in too ya know :)

Jerome

^"Some" being the keyword there. I think Schumacher had more difficulty winning in 2004 ;).
I'm not surprised that jump_ace's T-shirt is still good, you seemed to remain ice-cool
frosty.gif
whilst disappearing into the distance, while the rest of us
slug.gif
&
turtle.gif
behind you were getting a little
toast.gif
ed!!!!
To be fair, most of those racecars did not have cupholders for the Heineken keg can.

/\ See, I just had a lucky few races is all :sly:

Jerome

Can you say overkill?

This is the beauty of handicap racing! :bowdown:
You don't pick your car, the handicap system picks it for you based on prior results, and hence driver-ability becomes self-levelling for a while, giving everyone a great, and good spirited level of competition and adrenaline-fuelled racing for all! ;)

Still thinking of stopping by for SFGTP3 yourself? I'd love to host you, and you'll enjoy a wicked handicap event that I've already got lined up for the SFGTP3 weekend! :mischievous:

Still hoping to make plans for a trip out on this end. I just have to keep in mind that I have plans on going to a anime convention in Baltimore in August. Besides, SFGTP3 might be a bit of a learning experience if someone in my part of the country wants to organize a GTP of their own. ;)

Bear in mind you all have to be extra nice to Nick now. Try and butter him up with Scotch.

*pulls out notepad and writes faster than he can ever hope to drive*

Oh and Becky loved the heading under my name :dunce: lol, way to go David, its all your fault! heheh.

Jerome

SRD,

I know you already have a modded DFP, but I came across this converted G25 wheel:

http://www.jlvrh.de/index_UK.html

Please let me know what you think. Have you heard anything about this company?

Thanks,

ERacer

ERacer,

Sorry for not responding earlier, been a little busy w/a few business issues over the last few weeks..in any case, I checked out that site you linked and like the 'wheel' and 'shifter', but the overall size of the motor-housing is a real put off for me! If Logitech, for instance, can put two motors into a smaller case, why can't everyone else? :-)

Even if it was reasonably priced, that size of it and the fact that it's see-through are put-offs for me.

I've also not heard anything about the wheel and/or the company behind it.

SRD

Thanks SRD 👍

The site also includes measurements of the G25 housing which I agree is very box-like compared to the DFP housing. If I were to buy it, I would have to buy or build a new cockpit and be sure to have a proper dashboard area big enough to slip the "box" into and hide it. I'm hoping the transparent housing is only their prototype. But, hey, it's a step in the right direction I think.

ERacer

Should I bring GT5:P to show off?... :D

If you have a PS3 to go along w/it..HELL YEAH...plus, I wanna see how well the DFP is going to be supported....Plus, I'd love to get behind the wheel of the new vette going around Daytona in my race frame ! :-=)

Later!

SRD

I also have a PS3 now and will have GT5P by the time of the threesome. Just hooked it up for the first time last night and it looks awesome.

Back