quattro! - SFGTP4: 1st & 2nd November 2008

Which weekend would suit you best?

• Weekend of Oct 25/26th

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, the lineups are confirmed for both days.
Sadly SimRaceDriver won't be joining us as he's moving away. :(

jmgyro is therefore going to fill the spot on Saturday too, and since Vaxen has guaranteed transport, he's going to fill the Sunday spot.

Both days, non-racing, general morale-support and entertainment:
itgirlxx :)

Final Saturday Lineup:
Smallhorses
ceiling_fan
Kylehnat
Jump_Ace
EDK
juana b.
raz_10
alrivers
DaveS1138
jmgyro

Final Sunday Lineup:
Smallhorses
ceiling_fan
Kylehnat
Jump_Ace
EDK
raz_10
alrivers
DaveS1138
jmgyro
Vaxen

For each day we need: 6 X TVs, PS2s, copies of GT4, mem-cards, headphones, DS2s, DFP/G25s.

I'm going to make the next post here (Double Post n00b!!!! :guilty:) into the official equipment list. :D

Last edited:
SFGTP4 Equipment List:

Hostess:
(Smallhorses x 1, itgirlxx)

TVs:
(Smallhorses x 2, 28" CRT(Wide) + 32" LCD (+1 more crappy one if absolutely necessary))
(ceiling_fan x 1, 20" Flatscreen monitor)
(Kylehnat x 1, 22" Flatscreen monitor + sound equipment)
(raz_10 x 1, 20" TV)
(EDK x 1, 37" LCD)
(jmgyro x 1)

PS2s:
(Smallhorses x 1, fatty + network adaptor)
(ceiling_fan x1, slimeline [sic.] :P)
(Kylehnat x 1, fatty which can conceivably use Smallhorses' spare network adaptor)
(Jump_Ace x 1, fatty + network adaptor)
(raz_10 x 1, fatty + network adaptor)
(EDK x 1, slimline + extra spare fatty network adaptor, just in case.)
(jmgyro x 1, fatty, no network adaptor)
(alrivers x 1, slimline)
(DaveS1138 x 1, fatty which could be reunited with it's network adaptor!)
(Vaxen x 1, fatty, no network adaptor)
(juana b. x 1, slimline)

DFP/G25s:
(Smallhorses x 1, DFP)
(Kylehnat x 1, DFP (MazdaSpeed tOtAl fAnbOy LOL!!!1 :D edition.))
(DaveS1138 x 1, DFP)
(EDK x 2, G25 + cockpit & worn-out DFP as backup)
(juana b. x 1, DFP)

DS2s:
(Smallhorses x 2)
(ceiling_fan x 1)
(Jump_Ace x 1)
(Kylehnat x 1)
(alrivers x 1)

GT4 disks:
(Smallhorses x 2)
(Jump_Ace x 1)
(Kylehnat x 1)
(EDK x 1)
(alrivers x 1)
(Vaxen x 1)
(juana b. x 1)

Mem-cards:
(Smallhorses x 1)
(Jump_Ace x 1)
(Kylehnat x 1)
(EDK x 1 (currently in Smallhorses' possession.))
(jmgyro x 1)
(alrivers x 1)
(Vaxen x 1)
(juana b. x 1)

Network cables & Network Hub:
(Smallhorses' stash should be enough, but more longer cables make life easier. ;))
(Jump_Ace x 1, long Ethernet cable)
(Kylehnat x 1, utterly ridiculously long Ethernet cable :eek:)
(raz_10 x 1, Ethernet cable)
(jmgyro x 1, 30ft Ethernet cable)
(alrivers x 1, only slightly shorter than "Kylehnat's utterly ridiculously long Ethernet cable" Ethernet cable :dopey:)

Power strips:
(Smallhorses x 2)
(ceiling_fan x 1)
(Kylehnat x1)
(Jump_Ace x 1)
(raz_10 x 1)
(EDK x 1, + extension cords)
(alrivers x 1 extension cord (currently in Smallhorses' possession.))

Headphones:
(Smallhorses x 2)
(jmgyro x 1)

MCFPCOTW Contenders:
(ceiling_fan x 1) :lol:

Mostly up to date with everything that's been posted/PM'd. Let me know if I've missed anything, and as per usual:

Don't Forget Headphones!!! :D

Last edited:
Equipm-..........yes ma'am... :bowdown:

I will bring all that you listed :)

Jerome

Smallhorses
(Kylehnat x 1, utterly ridiculously long Ethernet cable :eek:)
I bought it so I could surf the Internet while driving.

Very looking forward to this! Only two more weeks! I'd say I need the vacation, even though I'm on one right now (pictures will be ammended to an already existing thread :sly:). Hopefully the sunburn will fade away before SFGTP4 so I don't look like a lobster in all the garage pictures :dopey:.

Alright, I ordered a (hopefully) nice pair of wired headphones that we can all use. I was going to get some wireless ones, but I decided to cheap out instead :dunce: I made a list of stuff I need to bring and I hope someone enjoys my lil' prize 👍

Jerome

🤬 🤬 🤬-ity 🤬!

Just had a file transferring accident, and lost half of my test data for SFGTP4. :grumpy:
Now got more testing to do than I expected. :grumpy:

I CAN HAZ EPIC AFIL? :(

Last edited:
NNNOOOO!!!!!!

Very sorry to hear that buddy. When stupid 🤬 happens to me I take a break for a while and come back to it later :) We have faith, you can never epically fail at this 👍

Jerome

🤬 🤬 🤬-ity 🤬!

Just had a file transferring accident, and lost half of my test data for SFGTP4. :grumpy:
Now got more testing to do than I expected. :grumpy:

I CAN HAZ EPIC AFIL? :(

Hopefully nothing too disastrous with your game save in general. :scared:

I know you like to keep things close to the vest, but in light of the circumstances and the tight timing, let us know if there is anything we can do to help. 👍

EPIC LIAF Averted! :D

It's not as bad as I first thought, found a more recent back, and so now I've lost testing data (in Excel) for 12 cars, but only on one of my 3 test circuits, so it's not the end of the world. Whew. :cool:
Still got to do 60 laps worth of testing though that I thought was over & done with though, and I had got another set of cars for a P'n'M to check out. :mischievous:

My gamesave backups are a fastidiously well organised bunch so there'd be no danger there! :nervous:

Guess you won't be coming up for air for the next few days. I'll leave a photo of myself next to the playstation so you don't forget what I look like (wink, wink).

Oh noez! :crazy:

I've had a slight oversight on the seating front....
I forgot that my colleague, from whom I normally borrow the folding chairs, is on vacation until Nov 4th. :dunce:
Consequently we're going to be a little short of seating unless you folks can bring some with you. (I realise this isn't really possible for everyone, especially Jerome & David who're flying in! )
Let me know if you've got a seat available a.s.a.p.

I have my usual permanent setup chair and the 2 garden chairs that I usually drag down. Kevin is bringing his cockpit so that's 4 racing seats taken care of, and David (Bay Area) is bringing the MCFPCOTW which has also been used as a racing seat at past events. We're just 1 seat short racing-wise, and anything else after that is a bonus for the non-racers to sit on between races.
Going to start calling people with details once this weekend is out of the way. 💡

I think I also forgot to mention prizes to jmgyro & Vaxen, so if you guys don't mind, could you bring something to give away of roughly $5 - 10 value? (More or less is fine, it's really up to you, but that's a good ballpark figure.)

I have a couple nice folding chairs I can bring, though I won't be there Saturday.

Oh noez! :crazy:

I've had a slight oversight on the seating front....
I forgot that my colleague, from whom I normally borrow the folding chairs, is on vacation until Nov 4th. :dunce:
Consequently we're going to be a little short of seating unless you folks can bring some with you. (I realise this isn't really possible for everyone, especially Jerome & David who're flying in! )
Let me know if you've got a seat available a.s.a.p.

I'll see what will fit in the Beamer, after the Playseat, G25, PS2, Flatscreen, Beer, and EDK.

But don't count on my chair. :guilty:

Hopefully David can bring the pink one. :dopey:

If the pink chair is not in attendance, I'm not coming.

I've been saying that I'm looking forward to SFGTP4, but what I've REALLY been looking forward to is the pink chair. :dopey:

speaking of really awesome folding chairs, where are u exactly in the bay area? maybe i can swing by and help transport them in my 6-er :dopey:

speaking of really awesome folding chairs, where are u exactly in the bay area? maybe i can swing by and help transport them in my 6-er :dopey:

Too far for you. :grumpy:

I work in Pleasanton and live in Brentwood. For someone like you in the city, I might as well be in the valley.

Problem is, my folding chairs come in pairs, which will be nice for spectator seats, but not so nice for the racers. My single seats are of the white, plastic, outdoor type. And they compare favorably to the concrete garage floor, but that's about it.

(Secretly hoping someone else has better chairs)

I can bring folding chairs, I have three of them, one purple and another with flowers (Red) that are my girlfriends :dopey: make competition witht he Pink chair!!!! Ha! But that will be a hard task...that pink is awesome!!!
I'll Throw them in the trunk just in case!

Well I'm gonna start packing soon, I read up on the UKGTP meet and they had a great time 👍 I KNOW we will too! 3 days and counting now!

Jerome

Magic!
fantasy-witch-39.gif

Collected Kevin's ex-DFP wheel from him today. We used it at SFGTP3 and several of us battled through races kicking & screaming at the intermittently sticky brake pedal. :mad:
It's since been sold, cut-price because of the issues, to one of Kevin's friends who has generously agreed to let us borrow it again for SFGTP4. :bowdown:
This time around, I was determined there'll be no stickiness, so in preparation for Saturday, I took some time tonight to go in search of the issue....

dscn2133s.jpg

From this I concluded a few things:
1) This is an older model DFP since it still has the old style light-blue potentiometers with the little black plastic ball clips to hold them in place.
2) Kevin or the new owner has a pet (probably cat, dog or rabbit) with medium length light grey or white fur!! :lol: (Or has an elderly relative with short grey hair that moults a lot!)
3) Kevin or the new owner enjoys eating potato chips while racing! :sly:

Have now reseated all connectors, removed the fluff and chips and taped the potentiometers and wires in place. Result? Done almost 130 laps of testing tonight on 2 circuits using 10 cars for another Pick'n'Mix selection and the brake pedal has not stuck or showed any signs of flickering at all! :D

So, in return for lending us his wheel, it's new owner gets it back good-as-new! :cool:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back