- "Go!" - SFGTP5 - 11th & 12th July 2009. Date Confirmed. Who's in?

When should 五 - "Go!" - SFGTP5 be held? Select date / dates that suit you best...

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
What could possibly be more fun then sitting in a garage for 10 hours watching other people play GT. ^__^ AND yes david is my friend i only befriend the best. LOL

Is it just me or do I WANT to read that you are David's girlfriend? :lol: Just kidding! All things considered, its great fun to watch if you love to race. There will be some seasoned veterans to learn from so watch how they enter turns, brake, point the car and exit...oh and be consistent on sim tires, that is important too.

Jerome

LOL! i won't...i've taken care of the cooling issues. But now lies another ongoing problem...an annoying oil leak from the back of the head gasket :ouch:

If you decide to take BART, I can pick you up from Macarthur (and I promise not to almost run a red light.)

laugh @ alrivers. :)

might head out there with alrivers. he's trying to convince me to go afterwork..lol

btw, do we need me to bring any equipment?

I'm hoping my sarcasm detector is broken... :P

if not...

0LOD7ELvfkb7ceppKRSsR1epo1_500.jpg

Read the email I sent to your new address & bring everything you can.
PS2, Mem card, Ethernet cable, TV, copy of GT4, power strip and extension lead. And don't forget your 🤬 headphones! :D

might head out there with alrivers. he's trying to convince me to go afterwork..lol

You're welcome to come and watch, we're already a little oversubscribed as far as actual racers go. :eek: It's going to be a little on the cramped side too.

You're welcome to come and watch, we're already a little oversubscribed as far as actual racers go. :eek: It's going to be a little on the cramped side too.

Imagine the amount of people wanting to attend when GT5 does come out?!?! I hope it doesn't get 'stuffy' for you guys in there, hahaahaha *rimshot*

Jerome

I'd just like to add a reminder to all the attendees.... We have a no-shoes-in-the-house rule as we have pale carpeted stairs and bamboo floors. This does not apply to the gaming area though.
Looking forward to seeing the old faces again, and meeting the new ones.

If anyone shows up in a Panda, my first question will be "where the hell did you get a Panda?" :lol:.

how bout if i bring a smorkin' plush labbit!?! :dopey:

...btw, i seem to have misplaced ALL of my memory cards :( but i will do my best to dig through all my boxes and find them!

:eek:! Mem-cards might be in short supply here! We need 1 per station loaded with a clone of my pre-prepared LAN gamesave in order for this to work properly.
Please bear in mind that I can back up any vital gamesaves and return them to you at the end of Sunday if necessary. :D

updoug-440x247.jpg

Oh boy! Oh boy! Oh boy! Oh boy!

I've just finished creating said gamesave for Day 1.
We'll start with a race car-y handicap, and then we've a selection of Pick'n'Mixes featuring 200 - 250HP MR roadcars, 200 - 250HP FR roadcars, A collection of American 60s & 70s Muscle Cars and some 380 - 550HP Tuner Cars. :drool: Not to mention the possibility of running the Clio Endurance.

Day 2 can consist of whatever doesn't get run on Day 1...
or there's a 4WD Race Car Pick'n'Mix ready to roll, a Tuner car handicap event
and...
A Dutcho Style 20 race event featuring a selection of road cars, tuner cars and race cars (that don't really slot into any other classes) of extremely variable pace, drivetrain and handling. :drool:

It's not often I release details this far in advance, but I can safely say I'm a tad excited about this event!
others-262.gif

Anyone else? :D

I'm so excited I'm afraid I won't sleep well. I work eves and normally sleep in late. Fortunately there's ginseng and caffeine, mix in some Motorhead, Fu Manchu and High on Fire, and I hope to be alert by noon. I hope to not invoke a facepalm, but I assume I should bring my 27" LCD, it's not too big? I was also planning on bringing 2 PS2s, my G25 and DFGT, GT4, 2 cards, wires, and my Sennheisers. I have neither chair nor set up, but I assume that's handled. Anywho, I'll see y'all bright and early. Sleep well.

Edit: Nick, I just read your message about the LCD. Joy.

Last edited:

Thanks I appreciate the wlecome.

alrivers, are you working saturday? or playing hookie HAHHAHA

I am still a 50% showup for this at this point. It really depends how works goes with alrivers :P

:eek:! Mem-cards might be in short supply here! We need 1 per station loaded with a clone of my pre-prepared LAN gamesave in order for this to work properly.
Please bear in mind that I can back up any vital gamesaves and return them to you at the end of Sunday if necessary. :D

OK, Then. I'll try to remember to bring 2 memory cards. :D

A collection of American 60s & 70s Muscle Cars
Awesome. :crazy:

and some 380 - 550HP Tuner Cars.
PLEASE tell me you've included the Amuse S2000 GT1. It's quite possibly one of the best cars on the game.
It's not often I release details this far in advance, but I can safely say I'm a tad excited about this event!
others-262.gif

Anyone else? :D

Thanks for that, although my last practice session was last night anyhow. So not all I have is the same excitement as you. :ouch:

By the way, I made the beer run last night. I bought 3 cases, although it might not ALL migrate to the event. Some great stuff. :cheers:

EDK
PLEASE tell me you've included the Amuse S2000 GT1. It's quite possibly one of the best cars on the game.​

One of the top 3 cars in the game imo :D No fair you guys get an advanced screening of the fun to come!

Just an idea I had on my flight back from the previous meeting..perhaps you can create a number generator for each driver (1 -6) and have it always be random where you sit? If not this time, maybe something to consider next time? I can throw it on an excel sheet and you can add it to the sheet from Famine Nick?

Jerome

Got the Playseat and TV loaded into the Beamer tonight. Ready to roll out in the morning. 👍 :D

...I've made quite possibly...the biggest mistake in GT history...

....played about 4 hours worth of GT5 with LowTech-Derbo! :crazy:

:nervous:

Just got home, and about to go to bed. But I was just thinking - WOW - That was the best SFGTP yet!

Thanks to Nick and Rachel, along with all the addicts (Participants) for a great weekend. :cheers:

I had a great time, and as I said to Nick. I got to run El Capitan in the purple 'Cuda, and I won. So I can go home happy. :D

Thanks again for the great event. :eek:

Kevin

picture.php

Has Gone. :(

Utterly good. :D

Great racing, great company, great everything.
Totally tired. Will write more thanks to everyone tomorrow when I've recovered a few braincells. :guilty:

As much as I love being left presents after these events, I figure it's only fair to offer the items back to their rightful owners first! :P
I appear to have acquired:

1 x GT4 Disc (No case)

1 x Power supply for DFP / DFGT wheel

1 x Complete DFP & Pedal setup

Please let me know a.s.a.p. if you're missing any of these items so I can make arrangements to get them back to you.

Good night all!

Wooo hoooo! That was great fun guys let's do it again soon. Thanks again Nick and Rachel.
DSCN4328.jpg

Last edited:
That was an absolutely brilliant weekend of racing. Y'all are a fine bunch of fellers. Thanks so much to Nick and Rachel for sharing your lovely home with all of us. EDK, I also won my El Capitan race in an orange 'Cuda, so I know the deep satisfaction you feel. Word.

btw- I believe the GT4 disk and DFGT power supply are mine.

Absolutely the most fun I have had in a very long time. More thanks than could ever be expressed to Rachel and Nick for allowing us to enjoy one of the most exciting things I have ever experienced in a garage. Nick for organizing things, .... well words fail me. THANK YOU!!!

I appear to have acquired:

1 x Power supply for DFP / DFGT wheel

1 x Complete DFP & Pedal setup

Please let me know a.s.a.p. if you're missing any of these items so I can make arrangements to get them back to you.

The DFP would be mine. Not sure if you have a DFP and 2 power supplies? If so, one of the power supplies is mine as well.

Who is who in the piccie, I think I can spot the back of Nick's head.

Right to left in the pic is cpminberkely (GTP_DarthDrift), EDK, dpritchard, billyjoebobx, Vaxen

The other side, left to right, is raz10, kylehnat, and I think that is Nick (Smallhorses).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back