- "Go!" - SFGTP5 - 11th & 12th July 2009. Date Confirmed. Who's in?

When should 五 - "Go!" - SFGTP5 be held? Select date / dates that suit you best...

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you add in stops for food and stretching? I'd say pick the 10mph over one at a minimum :)

Jerome

'Men' don't take pee breaks, we just stretch (while flexing our muscles) walk around and may randomly come across a bathroom or something :sly:

Jerome

Anyone know if regular 15 - 17" PC monitors with the usual blue 15-way D-type fitting can be adapted to use with PS2? What sort of wiring is required?
Rachel might be able to borrow a few monitors from work, but would like to know what to look for, input-wise. (No dirty jokes please.)
Do they usually have a composite A/V input too, or is that too much to ask for? I'm guessing the likelyhood of a generic corporate monitor having component A/V inputs is unlikely.

The 15 pin connector is an analog RGB HD15 input and not something the PS/2 puts out in any form. The PS/2 needs either composite video (usually a single RCA connector), S-Video (4 pin DIN socket), or component (Y, Y-B, Y-G RCA or BNC connectors). Older CRTs tended to be either video monitors (which would be compatible) or PC monitors (HD15) which wouldn't ... it's very rare to have both. On modern LCDs, especially the mid-sized ones it's common to have all of the above (esp. on Dell monitors).

No dirty jokes!!! Damn!!! Okay, here's a clean one (speaking of trading).

Man walks into the local Euro car dealership and approaches a salesman. "I'd like a new set of wiper blades for my Fiat 500.". The salesman thinks for a minute and then replies, "I'll have to get the manager's approval, but sure ... seems like a fair trade to me".

Ok, here's the latest scoop:

It's going to be a dual 5-way LAN :drool:, and the event is capped at 12 people. :eek: I've updated the "Participants" & "Maybes" lists in post #1 to reflect who is currently on what list.

I've done some crazy calculations and it works if we've got 10 or 12 people, so the more the merrier (although odd-numbers make a total hash of everything!)
We've had a great response but sometimes it's difficult to accommodate everyone. :indiff: Unfortunately as bergauk cannot guarantee getting here it's very difficult for me sacrifice a place that can be filled by a participant that can definitely get here. Sorry, :guilty: but that's the way it has to be, perhaps this will provide even more motivation to get your licence in time for November? ;)

I do have contact details for almost everyone, and I'm seeking to keep an accurate list of everyone's up-to-date info (including those of you that've been before but aren't going to make this one.) so that future planning is easy for another GT4 LAN and eventually GT5 meetings! :D
Please can D.Pritchard, Prosthetic & SimRaceDriver send me a PM with your daytime or mobile number and a valid e-mail address? (I'm assuming your cell # is no longer valid, Ray, since you've moved a couple of times?)
Please can Kylehnat, raz_10, RadRacing, Vaxen and jmgyro send me a PM with your e-mail address? I think I have correct phone #s for you all, but it won't hurt to confirm them either.

Got to do some calculations based on the equipment lists everyone has provided, but basically we need 10 networkable PS2s, 10 GT4 discs, 10 wheels, 10 controllers, 10 mem-cards, 10 monitors and 10 sets of headphones.
Don't worry about bringing race seats, as we have 10 of those covered by RadRacing but we will need a few more TV stands or tables.
The more ethernet cables, power strips and extension cords you can provide, the better too. 👍
It's better to be way over-equipped than missing 1 teeny-weeny thing that halts proceedings for a while. :(
Kylehnat & jmgyro are the lucky winners of the "coming from furthest away and therefore most entitled to a bed chez Smallhorses" awards.

I'll be posting up a list of what's covered and what's required shortly, so stay tuned...

One more thing...
Don't Forget To Bring Your Headphones! :P

Last edited:
10 x RIGGRacing Cockpits - RadRacing (Possibility of 12 if we've enough additional equipment!!! :eek:)
12 x Networkable PS2s - Smallhorses, RadRacing x 2, Kylehnat (+ Smallhorses' spare adaptor), raz_10, billyjoebobx, EDK x 2, ceiling_fan, D.Pritchard, jmgyro, juana b.,
14 x Monitors - Smallhorses (28" Component CRT, 32" HD LCD, 13" CRT), cmpinberkeley (19" LCD, 15" CRT), RadRacing (2 x 13" CRT, 19" LCD, 23" LCD), Kylehnat (LCD), raz_10 (20" CRT), billyjoebobx (27" LCD), EDK (37" LCD), D.Pritchard (26"), Vaxen (20" LCD),
12 x Mem-cards - Smallhorses, RadRacing, Kylehnat, raz_10, billyjoebobx x 2, EDK, Vaxen, ceiling_fan x 2, juana b., D.Pritchard x 2,
11 x GT4 Disks - Smallhorses x 2, RadRacing, Kylehnat, raz_10, billyjoebobx, EDK, Vaxen, ceiling_fan, D.Pritchard, juana b.,
15 x Wheels - Smallhorses (DFP), RadRacing (DFP, G25, DFGT), cmpinberkeley (DFGT), Kylehnat (DFP Mazdaspeed), billyjoebobx (G25, DFGT, Logitech Wireless), EDK (G25, DFP), Vaxen (DFP), D.Pritchard (DFP x 2), juana b. (DFP),
8 x DS2 Controllers - Smallhorses x 2,EDK, Vaxen x 2, ceiling_fan x 2, jmgyro,
3 x Headphones - Smallhorses x 3,
3 x Network switches - Smallhorses x 2, RadRacing,
Lots of Ethernet cables, powerstrips, extension leads - Smallhorses, RadRacing, raz_10,
Lots of delicious beer - EDK, Smallhorses' Fridge. :D
4 x Spectator chairs - Vaxen (Spectator room is going to be seriously limited!)

This is it so far, please fill in any blanks, mistakes or omissions. Need to know what alrivers is bringing, but it looks like we may be doing pretty well except that folks may end up driving on 13" CRTs, not the end of the world, since everyone will have to endure them so it's not a specific handicap for any single driver.
Also, we seem to be short of mem-cards (I can backup anyone's gamesave if you don't wish to lose your GT4 data ;)), 2 x DS2 controllers and at least 5 sets of Headphones!

Last edited:
Excellent to see things have grown! I wish everyone GL against Jack, hopefully there won't be any fist fights over who gets to race in the 'where Jack isn't' LAN :lol:

Jerome

Don't worry about bringing race seats, as we have 10 of those covered by RadRacing

Um, my G25 is pretty much permanently bolted to my Playseat.

I'd prefer to bring the G25 (And Playseat) for everyone to use, but let me know if you think we'd be better off without it.

Think I have you covered on everything else, including beer. ;)

EDK
Um, my G25 is pretty much permanently bolted to my Playseat.

I'd prefer to bring the G25 (And Playseat) for everyone to use, but let me know if you think we'd be better off without it.

Ok, well I hadn't thought of that, I figured I'd save you a little packing time in the Beemer! Go ahead and bring it along and we'll reserve a spot for it which'll hopefully mean one less trip for Ramon & I ferrying his cockpits back and forth, and a little less assembly time, or the fantastic possibility of 12 full setups! :D

Strange how we've always struggled for wheels in the past, and yet this time they're outnumbering everything!! :lol:

If all goes to plan we should have enough stuff for 12 setups (my poor electric bill!! :eek:) and I'm just praying we find enough extension cords to power everything. However, dual-LANingness = the 🤬 and we should rock through lots of great racing in double-time! :D
It will, however, mean that everyone will at some point have to race on a 13" CRT of Earthquaky shakiness and doom! :scared:

On the Earthquaky front, we got wobbled by a 3.5 a few weekends ago, so hopefully there's none in the imminent forecast...you never know though, SFGTPs have had a funny corellation with seismic activity...:nervous:

If you or anyone else, have access to an ethernet cable, or indeed an entire Viper's nest of ethernet cables, please bring them along.
Too many is better than too few. 👍

yeah one of my DFP's is modified to fit my homemade seat. i'll bring them both and the seat just in case.

Now I fully expect prompt results Nick :P Should consider doing the handicap race again just for kicks. I don't know how much practice Jack has with the wheel...wheeeee! :lol:

Jerome

^:lol: Someone had waaaaaay too much time on their hands...

Only two weeks to go...my liver is already wincing....

Okay, a full day of preparation and I've completed a bunch of events to possibly run at "Go!"

Nothing we've ever driven before, and ranging in drivetrain, power and handling. Everything from Muscle cars to Tuner cars to Race cars, it's all covered.

Hopefully you guys are going to have fun!!! :D

Ok, well I hadn't thought of that, I figured I'd save you a little packing time in the Beemer! Go ahead and bring it along and we'll reserve a spot for it which'll hopefully mean one less trip for Ramon & I ferrying his cockpits back and forth, and a little less assembly time, or the fantastic possibility of 12 full setups! :D

besides my van i also have access to a 3/4 ton pickup and a 5 ton dump trailer. if you guys need help moving have Ramon give me a call.

I just finished up my SFGTP5 MP3 playlist. It starts with 5 hours of metal...that should be nice at 6 AM :lol:.

5 hours of metal, that'll work. got any old school like "son and daughter" by queen, or "nobody's fault" by aerosmith?

Any plans on playing the music during the races Kyle? Maybe you can add some of the songs used in past GT games to the list. ;)

Just want to say a huge thanks to Josh (& family) for the excellent BBQ, beers, birthday cigar and loan of his GT4 equipment for next weekend! :bowdown:
Hopefully you get to stop by and partake of a few races and / or beers! :cheers:

Are we still doing prizes for event winners?

Bugger... Knew I'd forgotten something. :dunce:
Oh well, it seems that some folks did and some didn't bring things last time, so I'll leave it up to you guys.
If you'd like to bring along a small "prize" of $5 - 10 value, then it's much appreciated.
I'm off work tomorrow so I'm going to shoot out an email with all the finalised details then.

I'm thinking of cancelling the Clio endurance race to fit in lots of smaller events, what's the general consensus on that? Good 👍 Bad 👎 Indifferent :indiff: ?

I'm thinking of cancelling the Clio endurance race to fit in lots of smaller events, what's the general consensus on that? Good 👍 Bad 👎 Indifferent :indiff: ?

That depends. :sly: Do we still get to drive the Clios at some point? Race car or otherwise, endurance or otherwise?

I would not mind seeing the enduro go, but I like driving the Clio. :D

I played GT4 for the first time since SFGTP4 tonight. I think I'll have my work cut out, getting used to the physics again in a week. But the laps I took around Trial Mountain in the Clio sure were enjoyable. :dopey:

Any room for some more moral support? i have a fried who's gonna be there and wanted to make sure it was cool with the mass populous first. ^___^

LOL i meant friend. OOPS

Last edited by a moderator:

👍 I missed out on the enduro event last time, and I'd love to give it a go. Some sort of a team event, at least.

Update on my equipment situation: My dualshock 2 controllers have disappeared, so I won't be able to bring them along. I may be able to bring as many as 3 flatscreen monitors, after I test them to ensure they'll work.

Any room for some more moral support? i have a fried who's gonna be there and wanted to make sure it was cool with the mass populous first. ^___^

LOL i meant friend. OOPS

I think that's fine, although with at least 10 setups running, there's going to be limited space for the moral-supportists! That and you'll spend the best part of 10 hours cooped up in a garage with almost a dozen GT-obsessed men, so it depends how you define "fun"! :lol:

I'm guessing judging by your profile that you're David's fried friend? ;)

👍 I missed out on the enduro event last time, and I'd love to give it a go. Some sort of a team event, at least.

I guess it's widely regarded as a successful thing then, I'll go and get a track ready for the Clio Endurance. :D

Update on my equipment situation: My dualshock 2 controllers have disappeared, so I won't be able to bring them along. I may be able to bring as many as 3 flatscreen monitors, after I test them to ensure they'll work.

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

What could possibly be more fun then sitting in a garage for 10 hours watching other people play GT. ^__^ AND yes david is my friend i only befriend the best. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back