SFGTP3 - "The Threesome" - Yeah, Baby!

I will reiterate though that this will be a GT4 meeting, focused on fun racing with 6 cars on track in the usual way! ;)
GT5:P will probably only get a look-in at the end of the day, or a lunchtime. (Or SFGTP4!) :)

Yeah, just want to show it off is all. :P

It's all good! :D
At the moment though GT5:P just won't provide the depth required to host a LAN event with.....

"And the random track generator says... Daytona... again!" :rolleyes:

It just doesn't have the same groanability factor as throwing out Hong Kong Reverse in a field of understeery FFs, or Nurburgring in a Kei Car Cup! :mischievous: Mwuhahahah!

I get to have my back shaved with a #8 on it! I called it first!

Jerome

If you have a PS3 to go along w/it..HELL YEAH...plus, I wanna see how well the DFP is going to be supported....Plus, I'd love to get behind the wheel of the new vette going around Daytona in my race frame ! :-=)

Later!
Nice frame you have there SRD. ;)👍 Did you get your DFP modded by FREX, or did you do it yourself?

Also, I ordered a Super Aguri Team hat from the teams web store. So if I come to SFGTP3, I plan on wearing it. ;)

Its gonna be a blast man, I'm flyin' down for a second time for a reason, same with Kyle :D Do it!

Jerome

except for jump_ace, he wins too much :grumpy: :P

I'm figuring another handicap system out to account for that. :mischievous:
Something along the lines of "Those over 6' 4" tall are only allowed to use reverse gear." :sly:

Only kidding! :lol:

I, for one, am looking forward to another learning experience, where I try to hang onto his rear bumper for more than a lap before he buggers off into the distance! :D

With all this GT5P I've been playing and with me using the wheel while down there, believe me I"m not nearly as consistent and able to push the limits of the car. But if I seem to be having a bad day, I may switch to my good ol' DS2 ;) Plus I'll have to bring my DFP which is not as precise in steering imo. But enough babbling (aka making excuses), I just can't wait! I'll be getting back to GT4 soon as I'm done with GT5P (for now :mischievous:) and I have to prep for Seattle now. I don't want to know the graphical difference between the two, its gonna be UGLY lol.

Jerome

Going from GT5P to San Francisco Rush is quite easy, as the physics are very similar.

*refills bong*

Going from GT5P to San Francisco Rush is quite easy, as the physics are very similar.

*refills bong*

That's too funny man!

I may be selling my DFP this week or next to a co worker, is it detrimental that I bring my DFP or will we have enough wheels. If I recall correctly there were a few DS2'ers there and should be returning as well right? Just let me know what you think Nick. Late'

Jerome

I'd like, if possible, to have 6 complete setups with a choice of wheel or controller, so that we can rotate seats again which means that a driver doesn't always start in the same position. 👍

I believe, however, that given the fact that I have a permanent DFP setup, juana b. will be coming with a DFP setup, SimRaceDriver will be coming with the modified-DFP/cockpit, Strop will be coming with the G25/cockpit and EDK has offered to bring 2 wheel setups with him, and another cockpit, that we should be OK for wheels! Still it's better to be safe than sorry, and too much is better than not enough! Therefore if you or Kyle wouldn't mind bringing a DFP along, that'd be great.

I also need to work out how many networkable PS2s we have on offer at the moment? I know Strop doesn't have a network adaptor, but maybe Kyle could bring his? (I'm also hoping to get hold of one from DaveS1138 before the event.)

I don't have a network adapter. All I can bring this time is that which will fit in a suitcase. Fatty PS2, memory card, GT4 disk, DS2, etc... If it's really desperate, I suppose I could throw my DFP in a duffle bag, and hand it over to Alaska's baggage handlers. No guarantees it will still be in one piece upon arrival, though :P.

I will bring:

- 1 PS2 with network adapter (and this time be sure NOT to plug it into the 'WAN' port on the router, lol)
- 1 Memory card
- 1 GT4 disc
- 1 DS2 controller and I seem to have lost my standard def PS2 To TV cables since I got my HDTV (will have to pick up those cables again :/) But I do have component cables to bring, so I'll see if I can bring both
- 1 PS2 power cable
- 1 Network cable (just in case)

I did sell my DFP this week so I don't have one to bring anymore...Kyle??? But I can swing both ways now so-....well you know what I mean, heheh. DS2 or Wheel I'll use whatever is leftover :)

Jerome

And I'm going to reserve some time to watch you guys play, if there is going to be a webcam feed with sound if possible.

Don't forget to post a link so we can all log on!

:)

I still say that your avatar looks like spaghetti noodles and meatballs Rachel :dopey: lol. Now that I am 'done' (meaning I own every car now) with GT5p, I will try this weeks WRS and try to catch up to my division :nervous: Can't wait gents!

Jerome

And I'm going to reserve some time to watch you guys play, if there is going to be a webcam feed with sound if possible.

Don't forget to post a link so we can all log on!

:)

I'll do one of two things...depending on whether or not SH has a laptop to spare...as I can't lug my Pc w/me as well as my cockpit..

Option #1: Post the webcam feed on my Blogtv.com account
(http://www.blogtv.com/People/MrSixFive)
Sorry plug for my show every Friday night at 8pm PST! :-)

or

Option #2: Turn my web cam on using either Yahoo or MSN

Either way, we're going to broadcast this event...WITH AUDIO...Damn it! :-)

SimRaceDriver

PS: Nick...send me a PM (Or call me if you'd like) and provide your address..so I can go online and look for a nearby hotel/motel...as I now live in Sacramento and don't really wanna go back-n-forth over two days w/gas prices what they are now..and a 1 & 1/2 to 2 hour drive each way.

DFP is now sold, perhaps you can bring yours Kyle? Man I can't wait, got to really start 'training' this week. You ready for Seattle Kyle, see ya there!

Jerome

Is our equipment list up-to-date? If enough locals have DFPs, I'd like to leave mine here. If not, I can bring mine, as long as the TSA doesn't mistake it for a bomb and blow it up on the tarmac.

Jerome, I'm SO not ready for Saturday. I haven't touched GT4 since I got my grubby little hands on GT5P :D.

You're in for a real 'treat' then. I got all :ouch:'ed up when I played GT5P, took a few days of playing to get used to GT4 again. We may have enuf DFP's...Nick??

Jerome

Let me post a more detailed equipment list:

Slimeline PS2 x 1
DS2 x 2
Memory Card x 3
GT4 x 1
Power strip x 1
Headphones x 1
Pink chair x 1
PS2 component cables x 1 (for Nick's TV I assume)
TV x 1

Argh, I'm coming over to california in july I was hoping the threesome was then :lol:

oh well, you guys have a good time

Back