Show off your latest purchase!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 36,631 comments
image023af6.jpg

bought three cases for the diamond(one is on the diamond right now) cost me $20HK each or about 2.70CAD each. Costs around 7-8 dollars here at Pacific mall

Last edited:
Just bought a 1,400$ brick.

Two computers running right next to eachother, both connected to the same wireless network, the cheapass bottom-of-the-line crappy one gets internet while the new beast gets a Local Access Only connection.

Any suggestions?

Any suggestions?
What kind of wireless router is it?

Since it's making it onto the network, I guessing the answer is yes, but has Das Beast's MAC address been added to your wireless MAC filter?

Is the new PC receiving an IP address?

More to come, I'm sure.

Also, might want to start a new thread in the Questions or Computer sections.

I just tried another complicated suggestion method. If it doesn't work, I'm going to hit the sack and post a question tomorrow. So frustrating.

Looks as if it isn't receiving an IP, as much as I can understand it.

I just made quite the purchase. :D

ipodtouch_image4_20080909.jpg

I ordered a 32GB model from the Apple website. Also got Jackington engraved on the back, woohoo!

Aaaaaand it finally arrived. Man, this updated Touch is so slim! I haven't had a chance to properly use it yet, as it's still syncing. The engraving looks neat and it has already got heaps of fingerprints on it. :ouch:

Just bought a 1,400$ brick.

Two computers running right next to eachother, both connected to the same wireless network, the cheapass bottom-of-the-line crappy one gets internet while the new beast gets a Local Access Only connection.

Any suggestions?

If you can access the network but unable to search the web then it may be your browser rather than your internet connection?

If you're using IE go Options > Connections > LAN Settings > Auto Detect.
If you're using FF go Tools > Options > Advanced > Network Tab> Settings> Auto Detect

I can finally stop playing the ol ps2 as I just picked up an xbox 360 arcade for $200. I also bought a 20gb hard drive to go along with it, since the arcade one only comes with a 256mb memory unit. Also picked up Forza 2, Saint's Row, and NCAA 09, NHL 09 will be my next purchase.

Another thing that I'm missing is the HD cables for it, the arcade 360 only comes with the non hd ones, I'm going to start scouring ebay for them as it looks like I'll be shelling out $40 for them at best buy otherwise.

I feel like I'm among the last to join the next gen of gaming now, but better late than never.

Another thing that I'm missing is the HD cables for it, the arcade 360 only comes with the non hd ones, I'm going to start scouring ebay for them as it looks like I'll be shelling out $40 for them at best buy otherwise.
If your TV has HDMI, I suggest grabbing this cable. Good quality, outstanding price and fast shipping = happy me.

^ Whooo blast from the past.

M

Its not even a bad transfer considering the age and budget of the film ('81 and $15m) and I do love it. Small but good set of extras as well, 3 trailers, John Carpenter interview and the original deleted opening to the film 'Snakes Crime'.

Well pleased as it was only £12 as well, expensive by US prices but a bargain at UK prices.

Regards

Scaff

:eek:

VERY NICE!

My latest purchase.. a French textbook for my 300 level french lit class. It's 40 years old and has been annotated by no less than three different people. $1.50 on Amazon.

older stuff just seems more interesting 👍
its great to read my mags from a time before muscle cars too lol

Sony NWZ-S616F!

4 GB MP3 player from Sony! 1.8 inch video screen, up to 33 hours of Battery life! Plays WMA, MP3, MP4, JPEG, and FM Radio!

That's the good stuff, here's the bad stuff. It's supposed to be "Plug and Play" but it just would not work. I would give you the long version of my story, but that would probably take 5 hours to read cause it took me that long to get it to work. I run the latest version of Windows Vista Home Premium (bought from a store no less) and so I figured that since it said vista on the box that it would work out of the box with vista! Well it didn't work out of the box, it didn't work for hours of playing around with this setting and that setting, and drivers, and searching for drivers, and all that kind of stuff. What finally worked was that I had to give in and switch the driver and therefore the MP3 interface to simple data storage. I went to Start -> Control Panel -> Device Manager, Right clicked on Walkman (it still had a yellow flag after an hour of searching for a new driver that didn't exist) clicked "update driver", clicked "browse...", clicked "let me pick..." and chose "USB Mass Storage Device" instead of the "MTP Device" option that it had been using for the previous 5 hours. Anyway to make a long story short, I know have to sync my MP3 player using Explorer. Otherwise I can just use my PS3 cause it's way faster, but I don't happen to have all 50 GB of my music on my 60 GB PS3. I'm not kidding about the speed on the PS3. It's much much much faster than trying to use a Windows computer. One last thing, a little funny note is that I took a picture of the instructions for the headphones that were included and it lists decibel ratings and their comparable sounds. check it out, it's funny!

Thanks for reading!

Last edited:
Sorry about the headache, Mr.G. Makes me kinda glad I went for the Creative Zen instead of the Sony. Installed the software, plugged it in and loaded it up while it was charging.

Speaking of which, charging is my only complaint - it must be done through the USB cable. I know I can get a receptacle to USB converter, but the prices I've seen are all way too expensive. Besides, I have the laptop on enough to keep the Zen fully charged anyway.

Imagine an old CRX that's had a nifty engine swap and runs strong, but blows smoke all over and has jank wires hanging all over and not plugged into the right spot, and with a check engine light perpetually on...and it's gotta have some stickers.

sohcit_prv.gif

That's nice. But how bout a big orange Check Engine sticker?

chk_engine_prv.gif

Awesome. I'm going to give my cousin the first one because I'm sure he'll love it. But I'm gonna slap the Check Engine sticker on his CRX while he's sleeping. :lol:

I also got a big Band-aid sticker for the dent in my door.

We just bought an LG washer and dryer. Will post pics when it comes on tuesday.

Back