Show off your latest purchase!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 36,632 comments
This is turning out to be an expensive week...

More impulse buys thanks to Amazon's B2g1f sale. Totaling $43.90

51Q-E--UW6L._SL500_AA240_.jpg

51fmi82JuqL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

41njWoPQakL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Will probably sell Predator...

Reventón;3166812
I know it's popular in Europe, but I didn't see folks in the US stacking them until the one Omnis posted came out. Thus, I think LG kind of set the trend since most washers usually have a door on the top.

I was thinking stacking was a US thing, never seen it done in Europe :odd:

I could have stacked our washer and dryer, but chose not to as I would then have to remove a shelf and would have had a hole between the washer and the counter where the dryer should be.

Well my dryer smells like burning plastic or something on the inside. When I opened the door my smoke detector went off. Now I'm afraid to run it. It's kind of ironic that we got a new set because a broken old dryer and now the new dryer is being funny. I hope the smell is just because it's new or something, but I don't want to risk burning my house (and 11 other units) down to find out.
Is this the very, very first time running it? That new plastic/coating smell can be strong and get worse with heat.

Just in case, you should check two things:
1) The lint filter is clean, and the intake vent behind/beside/below it is clear.
2) The dryer vent running outside is clear and clean?

You may slo want to call LG to make sure that is normal at all. The smoke detector going off worries me.

Okay, I think it was just the coating of the heating coil or something. Man, it was strong. The smell is a little better now, but it's still there. Hopefully by the end of this cycle it will be completely gone.
Do you have clothes in there? I know by now it is late, but your best bet would be to run it without heat to get the smell out. You may want to run your clothes again with low heat and plenty of dryer sheets. And don't forget to put a wet towel in so that your clothes don't shrink.

Reventón;3166812
I know it's popular in Europe, but I didn't see folks in the US stacking them until the one Omnis posted came out. Thus, I think LG kind of set the trend since most washers usually have a door on the top.
As far as I know Whirlpool was the first to make them that way in US models, but they haven't caught on. You may see it more often in LG just because they tend to run cheaper while having equal or better reliability.

Before this I had mostly seen the design in Japan and crowded European cities where space was very limited. They also tend to have smaller units than the US, so stacking in the US is often not feasible.

Does that have the director's cut or the theatrical version? I really want the, I can't believe it is possible, more violent director's cut.

bought this:
fz18.jpg

Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ18

together with an extra battery
l134417.jpg

carrying bag:
product-1289397.jpg

and a 8GB sdhc card
UltraIISDHC8GBFront130.jpg

also bought a Logitech Force 3D Pro:
logf3dp.jpg

When you have Swartzinmyass as Govenator of Kalifornya it's not so cool anymore... All though the people that voted for him think it is.
Schwarzenegger's acting political career should not prevent you from enjoying a strike force fighting an alien hunter. Did Jesse Ventura's political career ruin it for you? Then why Arnold's?

Really, you need to separate the two.

I'll let you know when I get it.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000VD5I94/?tag=gtplanet-20

UPC: 027616091635
Never mind, I found a review. They say no.
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/1086/robocop_fox.html

Is this the very, very first time running it? That new plastic/coating smell can be strong and get worse with heat.

Just in case, you should check two things:
1) The lint filter is clean, and the intake vent behind/beside/below it is clear.
2) The dryer vent running outside is clear and clean?

You may slo want to call LG to make sure that is normal at all. The smoke detector going off worries me.

Do you have clothes in there? I know by now it is late, but your best bet would be to run it without heat to get the smell out. You may want to run your clothes again with low heat and plenty of dryer sheets. And don't forget to put a wet towel in so that your clothes don't shrink.

Everything is clean because it's brand new. The vent and everything is brand new. I think it was just the coating on the coil burning off. I test-ran it on very high heat and the smell was killer. Then I put clothes in on high heat and when I opened the door my smoke alarm went off, lol. I let it sit for a while and then continued the cycle on medium heat and the smell sort of subsided. When I opened the door it was more of a plasticky smell than a burning smoke smell. I'm washing another load now so I'll fire up the dryer in an hour and see if it's still bad.

Oh and I take my shirts out and hang them before they dry completely so that they don't shrink or wrinkle. 👍

As far as I know Whirlpool was the first to make them that way in US models, but they haven't caught on. You may see it more often in LG just because they tend to run cheaper while having equal or better reliability.

Before this I had mostly seen the design in Japan and crowded European cities where space was very limited. They also tend to have smaller units than the US, so stacking in the US is often not feasible.

Nope. Our first washer/dryer in this condo was an old GE stack. It was a front loader from way back in the 80s. They came standard in all the condos. The washer sounded like a flat tire on the highway during the spin cycle. It's also pretty amazing how little water these new models use compared to that old thing.

Probably the universal drink for Canadians, Timmy's large double-double. Had their tea a few times and although I am not a tea person, its pretty darn tasty.

That would be so cool, just buy a fake badge and I am sure it would work, unmarked Crown Vic definately screams undercover cop.

Went by the drive thru of the Tim Hortons on Gordon Rd. with some friends and they gave us 15 free donuts because they thought we were cops!! I'm still trying to wrap my head around on this!! It was hilarious when the cashier noticed we weren't cops. He thought we were undercover but we told him we weren't cops and he still gave us the donuts for free!

Oh and I take my shirts out and hang them before they dry completely so that they don't shrink or wrinkle. 👍
I was meaning if you ran them again. If you put dry clothes in a dryer you should soak a towel and put it in also. Of course, dryers nowadyas have sensors so a dry load wouldn't run for more than a few minutes.

Nope. Our first washer/dryer in this condo was an old GE stack. It was a front loader from way back in the 80s. They came standard in all the condos. The washer sounded like a flat tire on the highway during the spin cycle. It's also pretty amazing how little water these new models use compared to that old thing.
Water and power. The combination of improved technology and detergents is amazing. I also only use cold water detergent so that I save on energy. It also eliminates a lot of sorting.

As its a download I can't put a picture of the box up, so this will have to do.

wipeout-HD-Logo.jpg

Downloading now, and I can't wait.

Scaff

Just got this today :)

b1rt7.jpg

b2jl7.jpg

If you hadnt already guessed its a Hot Wheels 1:18 1966 Batmobile, The detail is really impressive and its all been faithfully re-created.... fire extinguisher and all. :sly:

The model apparently isnt even available in the UK yet and I managed to get one for only £19! Considering that some from the US are going on ebay for like £50 Im really happy.

Robin

Last edited:
^^^^ V-Nice 👍

I always love going to my local model shop, they have a really great range of dicast cars, I just wish I had somewhere to put them.

Diecast Direct built their shipping center (with showroom) about a half mile from my house a couple of years back.

Here's their site. It even has pictures from the car show they did this summer during their open house.
http://www.diecastdirect.com/?c=True

You guys might like them. I don't do the diecast car thing much.

^^^^ V-Nice 👍

I always love going to my local model shop, they have a really great range of dicast cars, I just wish I had somewhere to put them.

Im also starting to run out of space! Some are in cases and some are collecting lots dust and they always need cleaning... I think I need a load of glass display cabinets! :crazy:

Robin

For Halloween:

7323_1.JPG

Lucha Libre mask from eBay, around 16 Pounds. (It's in America so can't remember the exact price.)

Time to terrorise! :mischievous:

Back