Show off your latest purchase!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 36,590 comments
I've been saving up for a motorcycle...

e5Sgu0h.jpg

ehEKzGB.jpg

But I bought an amp again, instead. This is a 1959 Gibson GA40, it sounds incredible.

I've been saving up for a motorcycle...

But I bought an amp again, instead. This is a 1959 Gibson GA40, it sounds incredible.
Crime against humanity. Motorcycles are much nosier than amps. ;)

As much as I like my Philips X2HR headphones, I really miss wireless. Wires are the worst.

It finally arrived 2 days late! It has to come from the opposite side of the country. I’ve needed more spots for hardwiring Ethernet, and PlayStation Plus.

Attachments

• ABEFB7FC-8B8F-4E35-97E5-4AAA51CA4B8F.jpeg
    ABEFB7FC-8B8F-4E35-97E5-4AAA51CA4B8F.jpeg
    126.1 KB · Views: 17
  • 47A2FD17-7052-4871-B3E5-D33B245D4C89.jpeg
    47A2FD17-7052-4871-B3E5-D33B245D4C89.jpeg
    114.9 KB · Views: 18
  • 37AB4512-05EE-43EC-8324-958F1BBCD4C0.jpeg
    37AB4512-05EE-43EC-8324-958F1BBCD4C0.jpeg
    91.7 KB · Views: 20
  • 0CCCBA77-F2C9-4C15-9BEF-75D5AF68BBEE.jpeg
    0CCCBA77-F2C9-4C15-9BEF-75D5AF68BBEE.jpeg
    137.8 KB · Views: 20
  • 043348AA-BC8F-4C31-B574-3B4EFDB2AEE1.jpeg
    043348AA-BC8F-4C31-B574-3B4EFDB2AEE1.jpeg
    73.6 KB · Views: 20
  • E84D3E9D-B29D-48C6-9F0E-AE5C1C741CFD.jpeg
    E84D3E9D-B29D-48C6-9F0E-AE5C1C741CFD.jpeg
    86.7 KB · Views: 20
It finally arrived 2 days late! It has to come from the opposite side of the country. I’ve needed more spots for hardwiring Ethernet, and PlayStation Plus.
What the heck happened to it? Did they ship it on an elephant carrier?

Mine came today, thankfully. I also received my new 25ft, Cat8 Ethernet cable. I still need to run it, but it's specifically for my PS5 (which hasn't arrived, yet). But the Ethernet will be run from my router, inside the wall, up into the attic, over to my TV, and drop down behind it so it's all hidden. I can't stand to see wires so that's they way it's gotta be.

Got this just today!
A36BB7B6-980B-43A4-BC91-F2FD4833CBF3.jpeg

D7BD524D-C509-4FDF-99E6-FE09A7C6AB5B.jpeg

E36A6C9C-DCF3-4F7C-B756-A12D0092FB97.jpeg

Really glad I did too because I had wanted it for a while now. I mainly wanted it for track 11 because I had an old MP3 of it from this album on my old PC for years now and like many CDs I have bought this past year, I wanted to get that track with better sound quality and this seemed like the best solution. Of course, it ain't just limited to that, there are quite a few others I am fond of on this CD and some I have never heard of that have me curious and usually a sucker for these CDs simply because of this. I've heard some of Promo Only edits before and have been quite impressed with them in the past, so consider me encouraged.

Again, really glad to have this because now I can get a good quality rip of the tracks I wanted and I can even get a good scan of the cover since neither exists to my knowledge. In fact, since getting this, I've already done both! :P I could collect these discs forever, never gets old getting one of these! :)

What the heck happened to it? Did they ship it on an elephant carrier?

Mine came today, thankfully. I also received my new 25ft, Cat8 Ethernet cable. I still need to run it, but it's specifically for my PS5 (which hasn't arrived, yet). But the Ethernet will be run from my router, inside the wall, up into the attic, over to my TV, and drop down behind it so it's all hidden. I can't stand to see wires so that's they way it's gotta be.
The replacement arrived today. It was scheduled to come April 8th, out of stock. This squeezed one goes back tomorrow.

Wanna see the back of my audio tower, TV, and how I have my mains wired up to three different subwoofers? I would love to see a pro try to do cable management with all the crap I’ve got!

Last edited:
The replacement arrived today. It was scheduled to come April 8th, out of stock. This squeezed one goes back tomorrow.

Wanna see the back of my audio tower, TV, and how I have my mains wired up to three different subwoofers? I would love to see a pro try to do cable management with all the crap I’ve got!
Oh lord, no! It'd probably give me nightmares. 😉

On topic: I got a new printer, yesterday. I finally switched over to a laser printer. I also bought 3 Jerry cans direct from Wavian.

Out of the blue purchase just now. I happened to watch a YT video of Nagra Audio change over their speakers for their main listening room and they had a Track playing and it was just a perfect song… so I had to seek out a copy and I found it for sale in the USA, so bought it.

Not my image or the seller, just one found on the tinterwebs.

4AAC0D52-99D1-4DBC-A7A6-03B32BA354D0.jpeg

The track was “Give it up to Love” - Mighty Sam McClain

The said video is here for those interested.

Out of the blue purchase just now. I happened to watch a YT video of Nagra Audio change over their speakers for their main listening room and they had a Track playing and it was just a perfect song… so I had to seek out a copy and I found it for sale in the USA, so bought it.

Not my image or the seller, just one found on the tinterwebs.

View attachment 1123413

The track was “Give it up to Love” - Mighty Sam McClain

The said video is here for those interested.

Is that the SACD version you bought mate and if so what are you playing* it on?

*Which reminds me I need to update my last post in the home audio thread.

Last edited:
Is that the SACD version you bought mate and if so what are you playing* it on?

*Which reminds me I need to update my last post in the home audio thread.
It is buddy. I’m currently playing via an Oppo 203. But once I have the listening room back up, I plan on getting a new transport for the Marantz UD7007 and bringing it back into the mix.

Last edited:
Did you put the money down for the gas or hybrid version?
We ran the numbers and with how much we usually drive, it would take about 8 years for the hybrid to break even. In 8 years he'll be 26 (yikes!) and might very well not even have have it anymore so we couldn't justify it. We opted for the SEL with the Convenience and Premium packages.

They do. Hyundai warranties them for 10 years/100,000 miles. However, my brief googling shows eight to ten years is about the time to potentially replace them.

I was wondering that. There’s a popular car here, the Good Cat (actual name) which seems too good to be true. I’m sure the batteries will crap out after a short amount of time.

I really need to stop late night Discogs Browsing. It’s bad for the bank balance.

Some of you may have gathered I love Anime and their paper counter parts Manga. One of my favourite authors & artist is Katsuhiro Otomo. His most famous work being Akira, but he had huge success with various other Manga in Japan, including Domu - A Child’s Dream. While it never had an anime or live action movie made from it (they have tried to get one done but it’s been troubled and currently the rites sit with Guillermo del Toro) there has been a soundtrack created though and I decided to pick up a copy as my trusted go to source in Japan had one for sale.

I don’t have it in hand yet but should be here in a few weeks but here is the sleeve.

99E1CBD3-8491-48CB-A6AE-C47B041D3F7F.jpeg

Last edited:
Back