Show off your latest purchase!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 36,590 comments
Finally the 4K of Robocop has been released. I’m not sure what the future holds for MGM films on physical formats as Amazon now own them. I suspect possible streaming only, I guess time will tell.

Lovely release as always from Arrow. 2 discs, both directors cut and theatrical get their own 4K with bonuses.

21E0E7ED-CDA3-439E-9DD6-C4D3123EAEB7.jpeg

Carly OBC bluetooth adapter for the car...

I can now see if my engine's melting before the warning light comes on! Don't take your gauges foregranted people.. some cars don't have 'em!

1648161708677.png

Finally the 4K of Robocop has been released. I’m not sure what the future holds for MGM films on physical formats as Amazon now own them. I suspect possible streaming only, I guess time will tell.

Lovely release as always from Arrow. 2 discs, both directors cut and theatrical get their own 4K with bonuses.

View attachment 1127990
I...need this in my collection. :drool:

That original print (not 1980's original, but original) movie poster too.

I...need this in my collection. :drool:

That original print (not 1980's original, but original) movie poster too.
The poster is part of the set. 👍

It’s reversible too, the other side it’s the artwork on the sleeve (sleeve is also reversible and has the original).

Ten years from a pair of slacks, @TB? That’s impressive. We salute you!
I’m lucky to get a year out of my work strides before they start to look a bit worn out.

I keep getting YouTube recommendations for Meshuggah. Are they any good? I haven’t yet had a listen.

I keep getting YouTube recommendations for Meshuggah. Are they any good? I haven’t yet had a listen.
Despite being a fan of metal, I've listened to very little of them. What I've heard is alright, and I would consider them an acquired taste. If nothing else, listen to Bleed. The drumming is considered to be very difficult, at least the bass drumming part. You've got to have some stamina in those legs.

Despite being a fan of metal, I've listened to very little of them. What I've heard is alright, and I would consider them an acquired taste. If nothing else, listen to Bleed. The drumming is considered to be very difficult, at least the bass drumming part. You've got to have some stamina in those legs.
I’ll give it a go. I do like technical drumming but that usually comes in the form of multiple drummers (Slipknot). I’ll give Bleed a try and if the glove fits… I’ll progress to an album.

By “acquired taste” do you mean that most of their stuff is rubbish or that it’s super niche, like Korn, for example? I’ve been told Deftones are an acquired taste but I love pretty much everything they do.

Edit: according to YouTube I’ve already listened to Bleed and only got half way through. Too much death growl shouty shouty and not enough melody for me. The drumming is world class though. I could listen to that as a purely instrumental track and enjoy it.

Last edited:
Just a shame the vocals lack lustre. It could be an awesome record with a better singer.

Last edited:
Best way to put it, have to ease into it.

Was tempted by Gorgoroth, but my musical heaviness generally caps around Behemoth.

By "acquired taste," it's many things. Some people don't like growling. And from what I've heard from Meshuggah, it doesn't seem to change much as you've mentioned. Another thing is the guitars are tuned waaaaay down, which some may find off-putting. Because every song and riff can start to sound the same when you can't make out what's going on.

I will say I am a sucker for double bass drumming. I can't get enough of it. The drummer's got some skills.

Sweden alone has some great bands. I especially like the melodic death metal sound that's popular from many of them. In Flames has been around for a long time and one of the better known ones. I found a band a few years ago that I really enjoyed called Scar Symmetry. The original vocalist was on the first three albums. He does growls but also mixes fantastic clean vocals into each song. Funnily enough, after he left, they needed two guys to do the parts.

I like to be able to determine the music over the noise so those ultra-heavy bands don’t really serve a purpose for me. I’m game for new bands as long as I can make out that there’s actually music in the noise. (Loathe spring to mind as a new enjoyment of mine)
I was opposed to Slipknot for a while when they first emerged because I couldn’t understand the music. Needless to say after a few years I fell in love with their technical style and now rank them as one of my favourite nu-metal bands.

Last edited:
CarMax is offering more for the Challenger than I paid for it 2 years and 16k miles ago, and I very rarely get to use the power the way it was meant to be used, so I decided to see what was good in the world of sporty-ish compacts. I've always liked the style of the current Mazda 3, and the upscale interior, but the output of the N/A motor wasn't enough punch for me. With the turbo providing good power and unreasonable amounts of torque I figured I'd at least give it a test drive.

I fell in love immediately, but I went to a more local dealer after the one in question tried to pull every shady move in the book on me. The local dealer found one that was in the port and said it should arrive in a week or so, so I put a down payment on it, and one week(or so) later here she is.

2022 Mazda 3 Turbo Hatchback in Polymetal Gray
PXL_20220328_232122593.jpg

PXL_20220329_000802297.jpg

PXL_20220329_000821950.jpg

The Challenger goes to CarMax in two days, and I will always miss the angry noises of that 6.4l V8, but I am in love with this little Mazda. It's like my ideal blend of comfort, sporty, stylish, and efficient and I'm actually excited for my drive from MD to Miami that's coming up in a few weeks. I'm itching to go for another drive as I sit here typing this, actually. Plus I've always had a soft spot in my heart for wagons and hatchbacks, and I saw my chance to finally own a great one.

Also very strongly considering removing the front plate and taking my chances:lol:

Last edited:
CarMax is offering more for the Challenger than I paid for it 2 years and 16k miles ago, and I very rarely get to use the power the way it was meant to be used, so I decided to see what was good in the world of sporty-ish compacts. I've always liked the style of the current Mazda 3, and the upscale interior, but the output of the N/A motor wasn't enough punch for me. With the turbo providing good power and unreasonable amounts of torque I figured I'd at least give it a test drive.

I fell in love immediately, but I went to a more local dealer after the one in question tried to pull every shady move in the book on me. The local dealer found one that was in the port and said it should arrive in a week or so, so I put a down payment on it, and one week(or so) later here she is.

2022 Mazda 3 Turbo Hatchback in Polymetal Gray
View attachment 1130471
View attachment 1130470
View attachment 1130468

The Challenger goes to CarMax in two days, and I will always miss the angry noises of that 6.4l V8, but I am in love with this little Mazda. It's like my ideal blend of comfort, sporty, stylish, and efficient and I'm actually excited for my drive from MD to Miami that's coming up in a few weeks. I'm itching to go for another drive as I sit here typing this, actually. Plus I've always had a soft spot in my heart for wagons and hatchbacks, and I saw my chance to finally own a great one.

Also very strongly considering removing the front plate and taking my chances:lol:
After Carmax gives you the price they are going to give you say OK, I'm slapping a 2,000 dollar destination fee on it! After all you are taking it to them.

This showed up yesterday.

20220329_181045.jpg
20220329_181051.jpg

NFS Underground J-Tune. Basically, it's a special edition, Japan-only version of Underground. Gameplay wise, it's pretty much no different than the original game, other than a few of the unique vinyls in the original game being replaced with a set of exclusive Art Factory vinyls.

If there is anything surprising about this game, it's that I'm surprised by how aggravating the "O = accept, X = back" button layout can be.

I was in town for a spa treatment (first purchase) and felt so chilled when I came out I immediately went to the bike shop for a new lid (second purchase).

EC1AD8F5-A98C-418B-9C7F-9950A6ABA614.jpeg

It’s almost identical to my current lid but has a DD strap rather than ratchet clip and has UV blocking visor. Has a slightly different colour scheme too.

Kind of an impulse buy but I’d been thinking about getting a new one for a few months.

Last edited:
I bought this from iTunes last night after discovering they cover "Respect Yourself". It also has their hit "I'll take You There." The whole album is extraordinarily good.
s-l500.jpg

😁
84FEE397-2F43-4642-8340-3995B03E366B.jpeg

My first Indy 500 was a graduation gift back in 2016. Been wanting to go again ever since. I also bought a spot at a campsite right across the street from Lucas Oil Raceway for the weekend with an extra day in case of a rainout. I’m so excited!

Last edited:
Back