Show off your latest purchase!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 36,590 comments
I stopped by Barnes & Noble, got me some yuri manga goodness to sooth my lesbian soul.
52014038343_7c3fa975cd_c.jpg

I've been considering a CPU upgrade for a little while, so with prices coming down on Zen 3 chips I finally pulled the trigger on a 5900X.

wsA1Bpi.png

Elden Ring may have also been a factor, but I'm considering it a toss-up as to whether this upgrade will actually smooth out that game's performance since it's more of a game optimization issue... but I'm pretty confident that my 3080 Ti is unlikely to be my bottleneck, especially when it still stutters after dropping the game down to SD resolutions. My current CPU (Ryzen 5 3600) technically meets the game's recommended specs, but only just. I've been able to stabilize performance enough to enjoy the game by capping it to 30 FPS in the Nvidia Control Panel, but it'd be nice to be able to play it at a reasonably stable 60 FPS.

The 5800X3D was also an option, and is technically the more performant gaming CPU... but the 5900X was $50 cheaper and I use my computer for more than just gaming, plus my display is only capable of 60Hz and the vast majority of games tend to only become CPU bottlenecked at ludicrously high FPS.

Last edited:
So my last three purchases have been, uh, well they've made my weekend and then some...

29TloqP.jpg

64GB Deck

71xFF54ushL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Tempered glass because fingers oils. Also, sweet 🤬 Jesus did it take way too long and far too much effort to get this on properly. And there are still air bubbles!

71CPBI9SSFL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

I wasn't going to pass these up for the price. $40 for both.

Next up, more SD cards and the eventual 2230 M.2 SSD. Hahahaha, **** my wallet. :lol:
You have to show me how to do this

Now much do these things cost? Is it basically a receiver for local channels?
That is Tivo's 4K streaming device, (similar to a Roku stick or Amazon Firestick) used for streaming shows/movies from Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Hulu, etc.

To get local channels & live TV, you would need to also sign up for a live TV streaming service like Youtube TV, Hulu Live TV, Sling, etc. Which I plan to do in the next week or so.

I picked these up for around $35 each.

Last edited:
To get local channels & live TV, you would need to also sign up for a live TV streaming service like Youtube TV, Hulu Live TV, Sling, etc. Which I plan to do in the next week or so.
Just get a decent antenna. Mine gets me in the neighborhood of 25 OTA channels for free.

So, uh, I broke the SD card in the Steam Deck by taking off the rear shell. It's such an easy mistake to make. I just cursed and laughed about it. :lol:

Anyway, because I was going to buy another to install Windows onto may as well replace the now-in-two SD card with a better option:

8fVfb0G.jpg

The replacement.

K2VjkJj.jpg

What Windows 10 will go onto, then Game Pass, followed by a game or two.

z7iLbmI.jpg

USB-C SD Card reader so I can get everything going.

6CA6B4A8-6FA6-4B60-8953-460A2272EE22.jpeg
FDE2C770-B16E-428C-9B7E-E80DD636827D.jpeg

My sheers gave up after more than a few years of regular use. The switch went first. After I bodged that the motor went shortly after.
I hate buying Chinese products but I promised a relative a buzz cut today so had to grit my teeth (plus I’m now sporting an unwieldy beard which needs trimming). I’ll pick up a Remington in the near future - those things last forever.* I’ve never been a fan of cordless clippers which made this purchase cheaper. Seems nobody likes cables these day.

Also got a silicone brush for cooking my gramchandwiches.

*My father still uses a Remington clipper that my great grandfather bought in 80’s. WD40 maintenance with each use has made it immortal.

Back