Show off your latest purchase!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 36,605 comments
After 6 years, multiple cities and countries, it's time to give up the Osprey Pack and move on to something much more bulletproof.
This'll be used for a long time, although I wish it was a 30liter pack instead of 24liters, meaning I will have to compromise on space.

I also wish there was space to tie things to the exterior of the pack, but I think a couple of tools and some metal gromets will fix that.

View attachment 1164399

View attachment 1164400

View attachment 1164402
Oh nice! I like me some good packs.
I’ve got a 20 year old NorthFace Solaris 40 that I couldn’t live without. It’s pretty ugly by now but I wouldn’t travel without it.

iphone-13-pro-max-graphite-select

Looks a lovely pack. I’m using an Osprey at the moment & love it but I’m always looking for a replacement.

I use a Billingham camera bag and have always wished they did a backpack.
Osprey is good, but the zippers on my bag are starting to fail and there's fraying nylon where the compression straps buckles are due to the load I put on the thing over the years. Mystery Ranch is an interesting company and they make a lot of military gear, I'm curious as to how it holds up.

Granted, I'm a lot less rough and rowdy on my gear than I was when I first got that Osprey.. its been through hell.

I've never heard of Billinham, but those things are EXPENSIVE from what I see... I do need a better camera bag, but I need to stop spending money at the moment lol
Oh nice! I like me some good packs.
I’ve got a 20 year old NorthFace Solaris 40 that I couldn’t live without. It’s pretty ugly by now but I wouldn’t travel without it.
All older bags are built differently. Nowadays, unless you're spending $250-$450 on a bag created in its native country and handmade (outside of China), you're only going to get something that will last less than a decade. The bag I just got isn't necessarily built for hiking, so I may get the Ospey fixed and use that for rucking around and the Mystery Ranch for a bugout, commute and travel bag. Thinking of building an IFAK kit for it because I somehow manage to **** myself up often :lol:

Last edited:
The book has arrived.

It’s a beaut. It’s actually better than I imagined. 322 pages of great photos, interesting interviews. However it’s got an excellent intro to what you need to know if you’re going to drive the ring yourself with lots of practical details on what to do and sort out, but even better is the breakdown of that whole course section by section.

5B545D08-941C-469D-A09B-EBA7B4BF1854.jpeg

The book has arrived.

It’s a beaut. It’s actually better than I imagined. 322 pages of great photos, interesting interviews. However it’s got an excellent intro to what you need to know if you’re going to drive the ring yourself with lots of practical details on what to do and sort out, but even better is the breakdown of that whole course section by section.

View attachment 1164619
After your initial post, I went and looked at it, online. I may wind up with a copy, myself. I wish there were more like that about other, historic tracks.

After your initial post, I went and looked at it, online. I may wind up with a copy, myself. I wish there were more like that about other, historic tracks.
Yeh, I’d love some other circuits.

All older bags are built differently. Nowadays, unless you're spending $250-$450 on a bag created in its native country and handmade (outside of China), you're only going to get something that will last less than a decade. The bag I just got isn't necessarily built for hiking, so I may get the Ospey fixed and use that for rucking around and the Mystery Ranch for a bugout, commute and travel bag. Thinking of building an IFAK kit for it because I somehow manage to **** myself up often :lol:
My pack also has history. Remember the American guy who was imprisoned in North Korea at New Years in ~2013/14? He was using my pack at the time.
Pic for reference:
DCB118D0-EDE3-45DD-9C66-61B242CE13D8.jpeg

I picked up a cheap Regatta pack in 2016 and it’s already lost 2 zippers and a compression strap. It’s just not worth buying a cheap pack.

Another game, just because. Ordered from Amazon. Never played a Sniper Elite game before but after watching some gameplay of this, it looks like a pretty good time.

Sniper Elite.jpg

oTTcuXO.jpg

vKAaUxG.jpg

J62fKvp.jpg

VOqQrFD.jpg

Squier Telecaster FSR Classic Vibe '60s Custom Esquire®

Always was a sucker for double-bound Telecasters; black ones in particular. So, when on Thursday, out of nowhere, an ad appeared in front of me of this guitar (special run, heavily discounted, 2 units left, next-day free delivery, blah blah blah) I just lost my mind and did what was probably my biggest impulse buy to date. :embarrassed:

Need to remind myself to wash my hands and/or clean the guitar before the next shoot, though...

An old classic (Burnout Dominator) alongside some new and (hopefully) fun experiences.

20220625_224241.jpg

I also ordered and am waiting on some new glasses, so that I can still keep up the appearance of being a somewhat responsible adult.

Edit: And I have very quickly learned that FF VII uses Japan-style menu controls! This should be a treat.

Last edited:
Decided a toaster would improve my quality of life in the kitchen. I’m sick of toasting in a pan.
Picked up a Jiggly Puff for the little one’s collection. Am I just found out Thailand legalised weed smoking while I was away so I grabbed a bag of bud.
DBF9028C-8D36-4AA1-87CB-FE96A54426A5.jpeg

Welp, not really my first adult purchase. But probably my most adult purchase.

Bought the house across the street... From where I currently live. I've been looking at the market for a while now. Opportunity came up. For the price compared to everything else around the area, it was a no-brainer. It is a significantly small home at about 750 square feet. House has been totally remodeled. Nice appliances that stay, along with washer and dryer. 2 bed, 1 bath. Plus, a two car garage for my one car. 😃

In the buying process now, but expect to be closed withing the next couple weeks.

Nervous, scared, and excited.

Snapped a pic from my current home today lol.

20220627_164458.jpg

Welp, not really my first adult purchase. But probably my most adult purchase.

Bought the house across the street... From where I currently live. I've been looking at the market for a while now. Opportunity came up. For the price compared to everything else around the area, it was a no-brainer. It is a significantly small home at about 750 square feet. House has been totally remodeled. Nice appliances that stay, along with washer and dryer. 2 bed, 1 bath. Plus, a two car garage for my one car. 😃

In the buying process now, but expect to be closed withing the next couple weeks.

Nervous, scared, and excited.

Snapped a pic from my current home today lol.

View attachment 1166587
Congrats! :cheers:

I was probably only about 10 miles away from your new (and old) place when we blitzed through there on Friday.

TB
Congrats! :cheers:

I was probably only about 10 miles away from your new (and old) place when we blitzed through there on Friday.
Oh yeah? If you were on I-255 it was probably closer to a quarter mile. No exit where I'm at, but I'm the second street from an overpass. :lol:

EDIT: And thanks, of course! I'm excited to be on my own for real. Despite being across the street from my dad. Awfully conflicting feeling!

Last edited:
Oh yeah? If you were on I-255 it was probably closer to a quarter mile. No exit where I'm at, but I'm the second street from an overpass. :lol:

EDIT: And thanks, of course! I'm excited to be on my own for real. Despite being across the street from my dad. Awfully conflicting feeling!
My kid picked a place to eat (Emperor China in St. Peters) that had us coming through about 6:00pm on I-64 and I-70.

After having already driven through Atlanta and Nashville earlier that day, I was more than ready to be done with big cities.

TB
My kid picked a place to eat (Emperor China in St. Peters) that had us coming through about 6:00pm on I-64 and I-70.

After having already driven through Atlanta and Nashville earlier that day, I was more than ready to be done with big cities.
That's a hell of days worth of driving! As the crow flies, certainly close to that 10 mile mark at some point ;). I hope St. Peters treated you well. Nice area.

All the best emotions for house buying! Big congrats!
Thank you, Shem. :cheers:

That's a hell of days worth of driving! As the crow flies, certainly close to that 10 mile mark at some point ;). I hope St. Peters treated you well. Nice area.
That day was 920 miles in 17 hours. :crazy:

All I can tell you about St. Peters is it had a decent Chinese restaurant that was only doing takeout so we ate in their parking lot. :lol:

1bDy8jol.jpg

Galaxy A50 I had for two years tumbled out of my hand while walking into work. If the cracks weren't exactly where my eyes like to focus I wouldn't mind.

1WOYSRQl.jpg

~$250 after stepdad's Walmart assosciate discount later.

Back