Show off your latest purchase!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 36,605 comments
BrV4pfWl.jpg

Wallet: DARLA STARCH THIS IS THE FIFTH VERSION OF THAT PARTICULAR SONG YOU'VE BOUGHT, WHY BUY IT AGAIN?
Me: Live recording of the OG version of the song from 1999 and not the slightly name-changed and re-recorded one from the 2008 EP named after it which you already own two versions of but with the rerecorded version's titling.
Wallet:
Vernee Watson Reaction GIF by CBS

Last edited:
Finally pulled the trigger on cyberpunk 2077. £17.94 on Amazon for the PS4 disc version, however the PS5 upgrade is free so not too bad.

After the buggy start hopefully CDPR have done some decent fixes and it will be playable at least.

Some joystick grips for the Steam Deck, and with so many of them I'll throw a pair on the PS5 controller as well.

61dZRbmaOHS._AC_SL1000_.jpg

And some Dekoni pads for the HE4XX. I hate HiFiMan's stupid ring design with the unholy passion of an exploding star system.

81HQAH7eTdL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Today's comics purchases. The usual plus all 12 issues of the Sacred Six miniseries by Christopher Priest that came out last year. I'm spoiler tagging them for the usual reasons.
52148868747_fe295f56dc_o.jpg

52149899253_579eb8b908_o.jpg

52149886016_1312582082_o.jpg

Yeah, honestly I kept forgetting about it too. From the couple of hours I played last night, it's very good.
I need to be better with my spare time and playing video games. I have so many that I have not played that I hate to add another, but Metroid Dread looks really good.

Walked into one of my local music store's and came out with a Peavey 6505 mh and a Peavey 1x12 cabinet with a UK made Celestine Greenback speaker for $600.... I basically got the cabinet for free.

PXL_20220618_035343922.NIGHT_1.jpg

Also ordered a smol Attenuator from JHS Pedals cause it's sounds best loud but it's too much sitting nearly right next to it. :scared:
882408-JHS-Lil-Black-Amp-Box-side.jpg

So after turning 40 earlier this year, I promised myself I wouldn’t have a crisis. I’m still too young, maybe at 50? 55?

Think I’ve broken that promise to myself…

View attachment 1162343

Maybe I should have hit the talk me down thread??
Go for it. Don't let other people tell you what you can and can't wear. Of course, unless you want them to actually talk to you or be seen anywhere near you... :sly:

Go for it. Don't let other people tell you what you can and can't wear. Of course, unless you want them to actually talk to you or be seen anywhere near you... :sly:
They’re on their way!!

We’ll soon see how my fiancée reacts when I have these on with a Jazz T-Shirt and some Vibram 5 Finger shoes. 😂😂😂

As you may have heard, LG phones on T-Mobile were hit with an IMS error. The “fix” essentially made the phones inoperable. Of course that’s exactly what I have, an LG Aristo 2 on T-Mobile. So this weekend I had to buy a replacement, a Motorola Moto G Pure. The LG is on the left, the Motorola on the right. I am left with one question, though. Why am I paying for this new phone when it was LG and/or T-Mobile who broke it?
16628D86-9165-490A-88C0-AB3CDEB2549C.jpeg

Some more hats for the racing hat collection. USMTS is a dirt modified series and the other two are probably self-explanatory. I plan on eventually getting some sort of a display set up in my game room, but until I manage that I'll just grow my collection.

6C097117-C9A7-4E71-977B-650DB7E20058.jpeg

So we bought a TP Link Deco VDSL a few months back to provide us access to our new internet connection. However despite our homes small size it has two thick brick walls which go from cellar to loft in the middle of the house. We just couldn’t get a decent connection upstairs, as it was diagonally the furthest from the router and going through said walls etc.

Plex was not cooperating and loosing connection on the Apple TV in the bedroom.

So I’ve picked up the latest X73 VDSL modem/router & two X60 mesh access points.

One for the upstairs bedrooms. Much better now (albeit a little OTT)

98992A26-B624-4C7B-AC47-884D09454DB6.jpeg

CF6AC239-A051-4387-BF1A-0A3D4097F05F.jpeg

So we bought a TP Link Deco VDSL a few months back to provide us access to our new internet connection. However despite our homes small size it has two thick brick walls which go from cellar to loft in the middle of the house. We just couldn’t get a decent connection upstairs, as it was diagonally the furthest from the router and going through said walls etc.

Plex was not cooperating and loosing connection on the Apple TV in the bedroom.

So I’ve picked up the latest X73 VDSL modem/router & two X60 mesh access points.

One for the upstairs bedrooms. Much better now (albeit a little OTT)

View attachment 1164217
View attachment 1164216
Could you place the router in the loft in center of house so it can go both way over the brick wall or is it a "firewall" and goes to roof? If not contact Plnk Floyd as they know how to tear down the wall.

After 6 years, multiple cities and countries, it's time to give up the Osprey Pack and move on to something much more bulletproof.
This'll be used for a long time, although I wish it was a 30liter pack instead of 24liters, meaning I will have to compromise on space.

I also wish there was space to tie things to the exterior of the pack, but I think a couple of tools and some metal gromets will fix that.

1656009830770.png

1656009847460.png

1656009873547.png

After 6 years, multiple cities and countries, it's time to give up the Osprey Pack and move on to something much more bulletproof.
This'll be used for a long time, although I wish it was a 30liter pack instead of 24liters, meaning I will have to compromise on space.

I also wish there was space to tie things to the exterior of the pack, but I think a couple of tools and some metal gromets will fix that.

View attachment 1164399

View attachment 1164400

View attachment 1164402
Looks a lovely pack. I’m using an Osprey at the moment & love it but I’m always looking for a replacement.

I use a Billingham camera bag and have always wished they did a backpack.

Back