Show off your latest purchase!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 36,670 comments
Put in an order for the new Pixel 7, should be here next week. I thought about the Pro, but it's just so pointlessly large. Even the 7 is giant, but it'll be a solid phone for me so I can live with it.

View attachment 1198251
Now you just need a Pixel Watch and some Pixel Buds Pro to go with it.

Been using the same pair of shades for the last 10 years and finally decided to upgrade - took advantage of the Sunglass Hut Buy One Get One 50% off and grabbed a pair of Oakley Turbine Rotors and Ray-Ban New Wayfarers 😎

IAle1Fn.jpg

Last edited:
TB
Been meaning to buy one for forever, just never did. Until now.

31ho45ucxjL._AC_SY1000_.jpg
One of the best investments you’ll ever make if you enjoy wrenching on your own cars. I’ve had my Craftsman for the past 20 years and still use it to this day.

Been using the same pair of shades for the last 10 years and finally decided to upgrade - took advantage of the Sunglass Hut Buy One Get One 50% off and grabbed a pair of Oakley Turbine Rotors and Ray-Ban New Wayfarers 😎

IAle1Fn.jpg
That reminds me that I bought some sunglasses recently. Nothing special, just some 7 Eleven brand UV shades for driving.

Put in an order for the new Pixel 7, should be here next week. I thought about the Pro, but it's just so pointlessly large. Even the 7 is giant, but it'll be a solid phone for me so I can live with it.

View attachment 1198251
I'd be interested in your first impressions when it lands as a long time Pixel user up to the 6 which I skipped for an Oppo Find Pro.

Currently I can get a bonus pack including the Buds, a Pixel stand and Nest Hub if I order in the next couple of weeks.

Some music from Bandcamp. Digital EPs and singles by Slow Coda, Senseless Optimism, La Fonda, and Cry Club.
52411644346_15c24df449_c.jpg

52411927814_9bfb4f58aa_c.jpg

Another volume of Sailor Moon Eternal Edition.
52412126308_fe5b6c387c_c.jpg

Been trying to avoid it for the longest time but I finally bought a tool off of a tool truck. Gone thru a couple of air chucks from Amazon and the cheap Home Depot one i’ve been using as of late is wildly inaccurate. Half of my coworkers use this model and have been recommending it, so hopefully should last me a good while.
14EB8D88-8209-41E3-B50A-40D515604EF1.jpeg

Last edited:
Wednesday is comic book day. As always, these are digital comics from Comixology. The five issue Vampirella versus Purgatori series is from a few years ago. I’ve got (but haven’t read) the new series. Now that I have them both, I can read them back to back. If it hasn’t been obvious, I love the whole Dynamite Comics horror universe they’ve built around Vampirella, a property they picked up when they bought Harris Comics (or maybe just the licenses Harris owned, I’m not sure about the specifics) about 15 years ago.
B18188FB-9EA5-4B63-A734-FBB108114C52.jpeg

E4B6B1B1-2E49-4E1B-9168-F582CCDB845E.jpeg

Last edited:
I bought this about 3 months ago now. The one negative thing about apartment living is that it's about 40 yards from the parking lot to my apartment. I'm in my late 50's now and I only weigh about 152lbs. Carrying cases of bottled water that far has been murder on my back for years now. Especially when I lived on the 3rd floor. I've lived on the 1st floor for 3 years now.

About 6 months ago we got new phones at work and the installer had one of these mini folding hand trucks carrying around the phones boxes with. I saw it and thought that might be a solution to my problem. Researched it and found one on Amazon. It was a little under $50 so I ordered it. So far so good with it. The 28 count 20oz bottle cases fit perfectly on it since they have a cardboard tray like bottom. But the ones just wrapped in plastic do fit on the hand truck but it's harder to pull back the truck since they hang more off of the front platform. I've been meaning to go pick up a couple of bungee cords to help fasten the load down. Plus when Publix has a buy 2 get one free sale on Coke or Pepsi 12 packs I can get them all to the apartment at one time instead of making two trips. I just leave it in the back hatch of my vehicle since folded up it doesn't take up much room.

1665606776855.jpeg

1665606818649.jpeg

I bought this about 3 months ago now. The one negative thing about apartment living is that it's about 40 yards from the parking lot to my apartment. I'm in my late 50's now and I only weigh about 152lbs. Carrying cases of bottled water that far has been murder on my back for years now. Especially when I lived on the 3rd floor. I've lived on the 1st floor for 3 years now.

About 6 months ago we got new phones at work and the installer had one of these mini folding hand trucks carrying around the phones boxes with. I saw it and thought that might be a solution to my problem. Researched it and found one on Amazon. It was a little under $50 so I ordered it. So far so good with it. The 28 count 20oz bottle cases fit perfectly on it since they have a cardboard tray like bottom. But the ones just wrapped in plastic do fit on the hand truck but it's harder to pull back the truck since they hang more off of the front platform. I've been meaning to go pick up a couple of bungee cords to help fasten the load down. Plus when Publix has a buy 2 get one free sale on Coke or Pepsi 12 packs I can get them all to the apartment at one time instead of making two trips. I just leave it in the back hatch of my vehicle since folded up it doesn't take up much room.

View attachment 1199947

View attachment 1199948
Excellent purchase. I work as a dispatcher for a courier company. All our drivers are independent contractors and drive their own cars or vans. They all use those folding handcarts. They’re sturdier than they look and take up a minimal amount of space in their vehicle.

Excellent purchase. I work as a dispatcher for a courier company. All our drivers are independent contractors and drive their own cars or vans. They all use those folding handcarts. They’re sturdier than they look and take up a minimal amount of space in their vehicle.
I think listed capacity is 150lbs. I don't know if I would ever put that much on it but it handles the 50lbs or so I use it for just fine. I do have to get the handle sort of low to the ground to balance out the load so it rolls easy and doesn't want to tip over. Pushing it or pulling it has about the same effort. But so far it's about the best $50 I've spent on anything in a long time.

When I read the first part of your post, one of those things is exactly what sprung to my mind.
I have one for carrying crates of water from the delivery truck to my back door as they’re too heavy and awkward to carry comfortably.

I like that play seat, is it expensive? $200 or so? I need to get one that is cleaner than the metal I have (that is so annoying to fold up).
It was £180, it ended up being more expensive than the wheel because that was on sale for £170. It is solid though and it folds up very easily without removing the wheel or pedals.

Bought a few things recently:

A new TV (a 50" Hisense U6HF, cheap but still a pretty stark upgrade over my previous budget 43" LG from ~5 years ago) and a new Apple TV 4K to replace my old Apple TV HD:
y3ueImY.png

Japanese Kanji and word dictionaries:
SZ7coAN.png

And last and least expensive, a vaguely Model M-style keyboard with a Dvorak layout... I didn't need a new keyboard nor do I know how to type on Dvorak, but I guess it gives me an excuse to play The Typing of the Dead: Overkill
65IZzLh.png

Japanese Kanji and word dictionaries:
SZ7coAN.png

I could never find that one, back in the days before Amazon. It's a good one.

At 1100 pages, this was considered the final word...er, character...on Kanji, but it's probably quite dated (it's literally as old as I am). But it's meant for decoding kanji, and not a dictionary in the sense of what we're used to with the English language. Though you looked up by radicals, about 10% of the kanji used an old-fashioned system (top or left first).

51lGSalQAPL._SX342_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Looks like you can get it a lot cheaper if used. Admitting that I paid $50 for it about 30 years ago is a little embarrassing

Last edited:
My mouse finally died so I got an new one thanks to Amazon's Prime Day (or whatever they called it). Since my entire ecosystem is Razer, I figured I'd stick with it and went with the Basilisk V3

1665772441723.png

I also got the Firefly V2 as well since it was part of a deal on Amazon.
1665772967261.png

I got a couple of things today. First up is volume 8 of the Sailor Moon Eternal Edition manga. Only two more to go.
52428717685_f1559e74aa_o.jpg

And I got this metal sign from work. It's 36x24 so it's pretty big. I work at a courier company. This was part of a much larger display for Bulleit Bourbon. We would store it and they would contact us when it was time to deliver to a convention or event where they had a booth. They are no longer doing that, so we were told to throw it all away. There was no way I was letting this go in the dumpster, though. I've had their bourbon and rye, and I quite like it. So it's going on my wall at home.
52428546319_e3cf318959_o.jpg

Hi. Been out for a week or so, but this is the last thing I bought during the Prime Day Early Access sale or whatever the heck it was.

41vS+6h89ML._AC_SL1073_.jpg

2TB for $169. How could I say no!? I almost bought two but decided against that, and instead ripped the Sabrent 1TB out of the PS5. :lol:

After 26 faithful years of wearing nothing but Oakley sunglasses, the lenses on my latest pair have numerous scratches on them (despite taking care of them the same I have all the other pairs) and the Prism coating has left a bad taste in my mouth as far as durability goes.

So I'm changing it up and trying a pair of Maui Jim's.

1665978424206.png

Back