Show off your latest purchase!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 36,670 comments
I keep doing ill-advised things that are going to get me into trouble. :lol:

I'm just going to call it an early Christmas gift to myself!
This hurts me inside as I forked out 3x that to buy my RX 6900XT last year.

Last edited:
I finally got around to making my digital comics purchases on Comixology this week.
75530DE2-7C19-4E9E-866F-93922535C2B4.jpeg

553A3397-CD80-4E1F-9D8A-EA7F2C31083A.jpeg

This hurts me inside as I forked out 3x that to buy my RX 6900XT last year.
I went through hell waiting for something like this. Granted, the 2080 upgrade back in June or whenever it was significantly eased the pain of dealing with the 970 any further, but I've been at this for a few months.

I'm good for a few years now. Or until I get the upgrade bug again. Whichever comes first. :P

I went through hell waiting for something like this. Granted, the 2080 upgrade back in June or whenever it was significantly eased the pain of dealing with the 970 any further, but I've been at this for a few months.

I'm good for a few years now. Or until I get the upgrade bug again. Whichever comes first. :P
I'm still rocking a 770. :dopey:

To watch Netflix and surf GTPlanet. :lol:

TB
I'm still rocking a 770. :dopey:

To watch Netflix and surf GTPlanet. :lol:
That's perfect. I've been wanting to build something fun that's only for watching videos and TV (though I'd have to cut all the cords first and I'm not as ready to do that as I thought), and have a good time.

Maybe turn my mom's PC into a Plex server?

As if it's not already gonna be the upgrade bug :sly:

I ran over to the nearby Barnes & Noble to get volume 9 of the Sailor Moon Eternal Edition manga. That means I have all ten volumes now. I also got some chocolate while I was there because it's Friday and this girl needs her chocolate.
52477695366_4ccba50829_c.jpg

Got myself a JDM Walkman!

Technologically, I'm stubbornly stuck in the early 2000s and don't stream my media. My iPod Touch kicked the bucket, Apple stopped making iPods altogether just recently, and I've been wanting to try something new for years anyway. I figured, I had a Walkman cassette player in the '90s, CD player in the early '00s... why not revisit an old friend.
This post couldn't have been timed better. I'm the same way, in terms of music, and I've been using a 2nd gen iPod touch since 2008. Its gone with me literally everywhere, and amazingly the battery still holds a charge really well. In 2017 however, I wanted a bit more functionality, and the one I had just couldn't offer it and was pretty laggy in its old age, so I upgraded to the 6th gen. That lasted me until 2021, where the battery just stopped taking a charge and no longer powered on. Given that the Apple of 2021 was not the same Apple as 2008, I can't help feeling this was pre-ordained. Unsurprisingly, with it now being out of warranty, the cost of a replacement battery was conveniently the same as basically buying a new iPod.

With that snubbed, I've resorted to go back to just using the 2nd gen, which was perfectly fine until a few weeks ago when I tried to add new music. The backdated version of iTunes I was using just stopped functioning, so I was kinda locked out of adding or removing anything. I tried third party software but no dice there either, so after being burned by Apple I decided to look elsewhere. I saw your post and decided to look into the NW-A105. To cut an already long story short...

s-l500.jpg

I bought one, in red. :D Like you, I opted for a Japanese market one (albeit from a seller who had them in the UK), mainly because they also seem to be fully out of stock in actual retailers everywhere - and I really wanted a red one. Paid a slight premium over the RRP but not massively so. I suspect people are panicking that they're going to be discontinued or something and are buying 'em up. I hope that's not the case; I think dedicated music players still have a place, but I do think they will be on their way out sadly, at least from big companies, like Sony.

Last edited:
Have the 6900XT in hand, but it doesn't fit in my case. Well, that's not entirely true.

It does fit in the case but only if I were to use the uppermost slots, but seeing as that's where the mobo's M.2 slot is...you can understand how I'm up a certain creek with no paddle. :grumpy:

I then had an idea to remove the hard drive cage rivets from the HAF-X and give myself more space that way, which would have been a much cheaper alternative (you'll see soon enough), but a band-aid solution at the end of the day. For as great as the HAF is, it's dated in ways I can't correct (or can no longer correct as certain things are EOL'd), so I've decided to do one final thing in this dumbass, preposterous PC journey I've been hacking away at throughout the year:

a2_070820.jpg

Sorry, @TB. I didn't intend to waste your time with the rivet talk. The more I thought about it, this is a better alternative. As much as I genuinely hate it because this means I have to retire the HAF, after doing so much to modernize it :guilty: . Someone, anyone, come physically remove my ability to spend money.

"What do you mean physically remove, T?"

You heard what I said. :lol:

Said goodbye to my trusty 2012 Volkswagen Polo TDI. Loved that car to bits and felt like I would be betraying it by buying anything other than a VW. This 2021 T-Cross happened to appear on the market at just the right time and after a few days of creating imaginary scenarios where I would be driving it around town, it was mine.

I’ve had it for a few weeks now and I’m absolutely in love with it and I’ve been taking any excuse to leave the house just so I can take it for a drive.

03B23304-8485-446E-BF41-D9EA7E135ACC.jpeg

Last edited:
I was in desperate need for new glasses. I picked these because they didn't have arms that hooked behind my ears and I hate that with glasses. Come to find out they're part of the Carrera Ducati collection. I feel like that dude who just bought a Ferrari backpack and drives a clapped out econobox.

1668550018391.png

I was in desperate need for new glasses. I picked these because they didn't have arms that hooked behind my ears and I hate that with glasses. Come to find out they're part of the Carrera Ducati collection. I feel like that dude who just bought a Ferrari backpack and drives a clapped out econobox.

View attachment 1208501
Do they slide down your nose?

Have the 6900XT in hand, but it doesn't fit in my case. Well, that's not entirely true.

It does fit in the case but only if I were to use the uppermost slots, but seeing as that's where the mobo's M.2 slot is...you can understand how I'm up a certain creek with no paddle. :grumpy:

I then had an idea to remove the hard drive cage rivets from the HAF-X and give myself more space that way, which would have been a much cheaper alternative (you'll see soon enough), but a band-aid solution at the end of the day. For as great as the HAF is, it's dated in ways I can't correct (or can no longer correct as certain things are EOL'd), so I've decided to do one final thing in this dumbass, preposterous PC journey I've been hacking away at throughout the year:

a2_070820.jpg

Sorry, @TB. I didn't intend to waste your time with the rivet talk. The more I thought about it, this is a better alternative. As much as I genuinely hate it because this means I have to retire the HAF, after doing so much to modernize it :guilty: . Someone, anyone, come physically remove my ability to spend money.

"What do you mean physically remove, T?"

You heard what I said. :lol:
This is bad you're supposed to have a case with glass panels that the fans sit right behind

Initially I was going to order the Turtle Beach VelocityOne Flight Univeral Control to play Microsoft Flight Simulator on Xbox. But I ended up pre-ordering the VelocityOne Flightstick shortly after watching the promotion video for it.

20221118_182259.jpg

Latest Posts

Back