Show off your latest purchase!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 36,670 comments
Damn, boy. That will be awesome when it's complete. I have a dedicated room, but trying to cram my plans into it takes alot of planning. Especially since I want to do some video work.

Kind of like sim asmr in a way with a YT channel to share cool videos and crap. I thought about using my basement since I have a decent 500 sf chunk I could use but mu budget won't support since spending so much on the rig. Lol.

Can't wait to see yours finished. Sounds like a solid plan.

Yea to be honest, this project has been on the back burner for almost three years now due to the pandemic. Building materials are scarce and the few stock ups that do occur are heavily marked up.

I still have a kitchen remodel to finish, and the rest of the house needs some additional work before I even touch the basement.

Hopefully everything will be done by this coming summer.

I'm playing through Judgment now and enjoying it enough, so I decided to snap up the sequel.

1669587649808.png

I was going between PS5 and PC, but opted for the PS5 route (err PS4 with free upgrade)

1669587774858.png

*Pictures from amazon.com

I've had a goatee or some other facial growth since it was fashionable in the late 90s Mountain Bike scene. It conflicted with my 1960s mod ethics but I stuck with it. As long as it was short and neat it was mod. Anyway, I bought a shaver so the goatee bit the dust...
1669666162240.jpeg

Using generic images since all items are in my car in bags and boxes.

4 Hose clamps
1669697647841.png

Upper & Lower Radiator Hose
1669698002967.png

Radiator

1669698079690.png

Coolant
5l of premix and 1l of concentrate

1669698222772.png

Radiator Flush

1669698356862.png

3 10l bottles of demineralised water

1669698454787.png

Radiator Cap
e
1669698728399.png

In total, cost me around $400, but saved about $100 due to black friday sales
While their is nothing wrong with the upper and lower hoses, the hose clamps and the cap
I am changing them just for piece of mind,

Always treat myself during Black Friday, so I went splurging:

IMG_20221129_141722322.jpg

(mind the mess; I always have projects going on)

Netac was running a sale on SSDs, so I bought some cheap ones for whatever. Less than $30 shipped for 128GB SSDs, be it for scratch drives, spare boot drives for some computers I have lying around or whatever. Always nice to have some spares lying around. Also finally am replacing my Intel Core i5-12400F with an i5-13600KF. AntOnline put them on sale for $275 and I had some eBay gift cards to use, so that brought it down quite a ways. Will probably be my final personal computer upgrade for quite a while.

In addition, my workplace had this as part of their Black Friday sale:

IMG_20221128_084542334.jpg

That's a GoTrax Emerge electric bike. Being not only an employee of said workplace but also a manager has benefits, as I got a steep discount on the final price of the bike, ended up paying less than $400 including tax. Since my cars are currently being loaned to family members, I need a reliable means of getting to work, and so far, after her first "maiden flight", the bike's been nice. Works great as a replacement for my aging bicycle and also as an EV, though I would recommend using it exclusively in Pedal Assist mode.

Assembly was mostly easy but there were a few Gotchas:
  • Out-of-the-box, the front wheel was put on in-reverse; the tread was facing the other direction and the brake caliper was on the opposite side instead of the same side as the rear one, and I believe this had something to do with not having to re-route all of the cables during the packaging process. I ended up having to flip the wheel around but it worked out
  • Said brake caliper was a little too close to the wheel, causing some friction and preventing the front wheel from spinning freely, also making a grinding noise. Had to correct this myself as well
Otherwise it's been quite nice. Still on its first charge and got me to work and back, to a few stores, to the gym, wherever. I'd recommend it if you can find one, just beware of the aforementioned things.

Just bought a set of Firestone Firehawk AS V2 tires. I'm kinda nervous because the only info about them online seems to be puff pieces that Firestone's marketing department clearly paid for. No instrumented testing available yet. However, I couldn't get the Conti DWS06 pluses that I wanted, and the similarly-performing Falken FK510s summer tires have already been replaced by their successor which is also not yet available here. Figured I'd take a chance on a brand-new model because the asymmetrical block pattern looks like the DWS and if it's like all the other tires with the "new and improved" compound that everyone started using 4 or 5 years ago, then these should be good. At this point, anything is better than balding OEM Falkens. :yuck:

Two new-ish purchases.

Dragons Forever on 4K, however I purchased this in August with an expected release in Oct / Nov but it kept getting pushed back. However it’s a fantastic set and for the first time, the poster is something I’d frame and hang.

4AB52D0F-E87F-4A25-AB53-AA2324A9F233.jpeg

The second is a signed CD of Leftfields new album (it’s been a long time coming from them.)

675AD04C-B45B-4E7B-B405-E5825A9B1915.jpeg

To prepare myself for the solar panels that will soon follow:

550x493.jpg

Induction cooking, so on a sunny day it will be free or at least cheap cooking. First steps towards a gas free house.

DSC_0857.JPG

And a kitchen counter top to put it in. Cabinets I already have, all I need now is a set of adjustable supports for the cabinets and a set of hinges for the doors.

And I need to do the dishes.

Latest Posts

Back