Show off your latest purchase!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 36,670 comments
Some games for my poor little Switch, which has been largely ignored since I got the PS5. :lol:

hades-walkthrough.jpg

4643fb058642335c523910f3a7910575f56372f612f7c0c9a497aaae978d3e51.jpg

9cf84b25fccd6da0f9dd2047590d014fc5cf533841d749e3fc73235adc6a0405.jpg

Last edited:
Been wanting some Weathertech floor mats for my Jeep Patriot. But couldn’t justify the $170 they want for the laser fit mats. Then I found these the other day in my local BJ’s Wholesale for $30 and figured I’d give them a try.
View attachment 1214387

And they fit pretty good.
View attachment 1214386
View attachment 1214388
Arrggghh! I’ve got a weird dislike for floor mats.
Those do look nice though.
Amazon ducting for cooling and a simlab mount so I could raise my crossbar. Things are getting closer.
View attachment 1214393
Your rig is more high tech than my entire car.

Roadhouse on 4K finally arrived from Vinegar Syndrome in the states.

What a lovely package. Nice book, magnetic closing outer slip in heavy card and spot gloss highlights and 3 disc set (Blu-ray is region locked to A so at the moment unplayable) 4K is region free.

18E8F91B-879A-45E2-BC06-630D8087D0CF.jpeg

Arrggghh! I’ve got a weird dislike for floor mats.
Those do look nice
Unfortunately my job as an auto tech comes with the side effect of dirt and grime getting on my boots. And floor mats are much easier to clean then the bare carpet/OEM mats.

Unfortunately my job as an auto tech comes with the side effect of dirt and grime getting on my boots. And floor mats are much easier to clean then the bare carpet/OEM mats.
I completely understand that. But from a driving perspective, I don’t like the feel of anything loose under my pedals.

Chances are my crappy OEM mats have scarred my for life.

I completely understand that. But from a driving perspective, I don’t like the feel of anything loose under my pedals.

New factory floor mats have hooks to keep them in place so they don't slide.

These have carpet spikes on them so they are rock solid while you drive.

@Dylan, I’ve also looked at Weather Tech Matt’s before.
I cannot justify spending that much money on a piece of rubber. Score for you!
I bought $70 ones from Mazda. Still expensive for what they are but they keep the rugs clean.

I splurged for the WeatherTech mats when I bought my Renegade a few years back, but that was before I had a work van so I was driving it to jobs that could be rather muddy and the high sides kept the mess contained. I probably wouldn't buy them now that I rarely drive my personal vehicle. On a related note they have pretty much paid for themselves considering I once forgot a gallon of milk in the back once during the summer and the mat managed to keep the worst of it off the upholstery.

TB
New factory floor mats have hooks to keep them in place so they don't slide.
I actually bought some adhesive Velcro material and had planned to fix the mats down with that.
Perhaps I’ll investigate some hooky mats.

TB
Another, give or take, two and a half years and another pair of boots.

Shifted from the Wolverines to Rockport Elkhart.

81uUVZRFZeL._AC_UX395_.jpg
After ordering and returning 3 pairs of boots for various reasons, the price finally dropped (a little) so I ordered a replacement pair of Rockports.

TB
After ordering and returning 3 pairs of boots for various reasons, the price finally dropped (a little) so I ordered a replacement pair of Rockports.
I’m intrigued, Do tell.
We’re they faulty, or was the fit off?

I don't know how to post the image here, as there's no image url that I can see, but I just placed this order. I so hope it gets here soon enough to wear it to work! :lol:

Nice,

I picked up a Rip n Dip T in their Black Friday sale.

7D2A140D-9AE8-4BD7-8EFC-2D6043337DC5.jpeg

I’m intrigued, Do tell.
We’re they faulty, or was the fit off?
First pair - every time I took a step the shoe creased and dug into the cuticle of my pinkie toe.

Second pair - too narrow.

Third pair - listed as new and leather but they arrived somewhat scuffed up and were suede. Being too tight across the first eyelet had them going back.

Decided to swap out my 34” ultrawide for a 49” super ultrawide 😍

0Igqwzd.jpg
I'd recommend finding some way to secure the legs to the table. With the angle of the legs if either rubber pad slips off the edge of the desk the weight of the thing will take it the rest of the way to the floor. Well if it still comes with the same pitched legs mine did when I got it, anyway.

Great choice, by the way. I've had my G9 for a while and I absolutely love the thing. Makes pretty much any game that supports the 32:9 aspect ratio better, but especially racing/flight sims.

I'd recommend finding some way to secure the legs to the table. With the angle of the legs if either rubber pad slips off the edge of the desk the weight of the thing will take it the rest of the way to the floor. Well if it still comes with the same pitched legs mine did when I got it, anyway.

Great choice, by the way. I've had my G9 for a while and I absolutely love the thing. Makes pretty much any game that supports the 32:9 aspect ratio better, but especially racing/flight sims.
Thanks for the tips! I quickly realized this was an accident waiting to happen and picked up the TK Racing monitor stand at Micro Center yesterday. Much better now 👍

cbdLRMO.jpg

Latest in game: Loctite/Zexel GT-R built by swapping livery from a freshly purchased Pennzoil GT-R.
IRL: An SD card reader with a screen used for checking non connected cameras. I use the cameras to photograph wildlife both for observation and hunting. I caught a picture of a squirrel or maybe a coyote on one. They're in season, but not allowed to be hunted or trapped where the photo was taken. It's on the lower left of the photo. The photo was taken in a rural part of central Oklahoma.

Attachments

• STC_0034.JPG
    STC_0034.JPG
    274.9 KB · Views: 8
Roo
Early Christmas present to myself.

View attachment 1215921

Easily the most expensive book I've ever bought, even with a 10% discount code. Bigger than I expected. Should keep me occupied for a while.
I wanted Gordon's One Formula book, but by the time I found out it was too late and the last copies of the peasant edition sold.

Not a lot will care, but this is a huge upgrade from my Spektrum radio...

00-eIV3cRqx4E_MB345skzpAJiPdsc69UFZGsGqTxmqoUSDQ3E9v1zP3bcpd-y7xzSOldMTLfbtJ__wYVBQ_4iTow

Got a case for it, too...

00-eIV3cRqx4E_MB345skzpAJiPdsc69UFZGsGqTxmqoUTdbqqlv1fLNzm3H6Q6UyE4UnDnu4gHHWpfyYq5WwzmNg

Got bit by the micro crawler bug as well... I love this little truck.
Axial SCX24 Deadbolt with a crap-ton of upgrades and mods. LOL!!

00-eIV3cRqx4E_MB345skzpAJiPdsc69UFZGsGqTxmqoUSHlsVIkeeby5CS7r9ktV1X4xJ2Twu75QF_jizMkB1ZdA

00-eIV3cRqx4E_MB345skzpAJiPdsc69UFZGsGqTxmqoUQDxDEv1aaDjTAtg6mjLir6qCe7ffHDJpwno-pEcjtJnw

Merry Christmas y'all, hope Santa is good to everyone that believes!!

Latest Posts

Back