Show off your latest purchase!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 36,670 comments
TB
I needed a new snow shovel so I figured I might as well try out one of these fancy UHMW blades.

View attachment 1218927

I've been wanting to buy one of these as well! Let me know how it works out.

Got myself a nice holiday haul for clothing. I'm still waiting on tech so I'll post them when I get them.

Thursday Boots, front to back: Wingtip, Captain, Explorer.

20221231_120139.jpg

Two pairs of jeans from Old Navy, two toques and two balaclavas from Costco; pictures not necessary lol.

And a matching set of boots and gloves for my parents from Vessi (THIS POST IS SPONSORED BY: VESSI! *jk)

Screenshot_20221231-134600_Gmail.jpg

Initial verdict after one use:

The UHMW blade is very slippery so snow doesn't stick to it like the metal shovels.
The down side to that being it doesn't make for a good scooping/lifting shovel at all since everything just slides off of it. But it is a great pushing shovel.

I thought that my current shovels were 36". They are more like 30" so this should make for one or two fewer passes on the driveway. But then I'll have to either get out the scoop shovel or the blower.

The 1/4" thick, blunt edge was already better at scraping than I was expecting it to be, which was surprising. I thought it would take more use to sharpen up the edge first.

There is a different sound for the plastic versus the metal on the concrete. It sounds less grating.

FYI - I opted for a blemished unit and saved $15. Here are the defects it had:

Small scuff on the handle

20221229_141508.jpg

Marks on the bracket

20221229_141522.jpg

Discoloration on the blade

20221229_141535.jpg

Got myself a nice holiday haul for clothing. I'm still waiting on tech so I'll post them when I get them.

Thursday Boots, front to back: Wingtip, Captain, Explorer.

View attachment 1219694

Two pairs of jeans from Old Navy, two toques and two balaclavas from Costco; pictures not necessary lol.

And a matching set of boots and gloves for my parents from Vessi (THIS POST IS SPONSORED BY: VESSI! *jk)

View attachment 1219696
How do Thursday boots hold up?

How do Thursday boots hold up?

From testimonies and friend's reviews, they're very sturdy. I can't really tell you as I just got them, but from my first impressions they fit perfectly and they're super comfy.

I'm also personally a stickler for shoe care so I have a lot of leather and suede products and brushes. They should last a good while.

I'll update you in a couple of months as the black captains will be my daily drivers to school and work. The explorers I'll let you know how they handle the terrain when I start hiking again in the spring. And the wingtips I've worn to a new years event tonight and they were so comfortable.

The crepe rubber outsoles on the wingtips make them mostly for city walking and indoor events. They're really comfortable and soft. But the crepe rubber is going to take me a bit to get used to them, especially on the edge of the heel as the softer rubber makes them feel like they'll collapse (but they won't).

The crepe rubber is only available on the Dust and Caramel Suede colors. The rest of them have the more traditional studded rubber outsoles.

^ Whoa, and at a sane price? I'm waiting until they're 'normally' available to get one. I don't game like I used to and didn't become interested in the PS4 until way late (I have just two games, and borrowed a friend's console to play them), but once I heard the 5 was backwards compatible I decided to skip that console altogether, so I'm really hoping the shortages are solved soon.

Some Moleskine hardcover notebooks I ordered just arrived. Two are spares for whatever, but I wanted a nice, non-digital way to document everything I put into my Accord wagon build, from upgrades to maintenance once it's finally driving. Now to carefully plan out how I want it organized and color-coded before I put ink to paper...

^ Whoa, and at a sane price? I'm waiting until they're 'normally' available to get one. I don't game like I used to and didn't become interested in the PS4 until way late (I have just two games, and borrowed a friend's console to play them), but once I heard the 5 was backwards compatible I decided to skip that console altogether, so I'm really hoping the shortages are solved soon.

Some Moleskine hardcover notebooks I ordered just arrived. Two are spares for whatever, but I wanted a nice, non-digital way to document everything I put into my Accord wagon build, from upgrades to maintenance once it's finally driving. Now to carefully plan out how I want it organized and color-coded before I put ink to paper...

I think they are available on the PS store website without the mark up prices.

Last edited:
Latest non good purchase was parts and software for a Motorola XPR3500e. The software package is full trunking capability. As a ham operator I may never use it, but if I take a job that allows privately owned radios and requires trunking, I have it. Actually I have three of them like this.
Mainly it's out of curiosity. I want to poke around the CPS in a sandbox and see what it's capable of, then shut the trunking down before writing the code plug to the radio.

I'm still waiting on tech so I'll post them when I get them.

20230105_154236.jpg

:D

There was a massive boxing week sale and I added the bundle to my cart on a whim, not really expecting to be able to get one. Lo and behold they were in stock so I got one.

PS5 + God of War Ragnarok
Horizon Forbidden West
Three extra Dualsense controllers at 60% off each.

All in all, $950 CAD before tax with free shipping. Oh, and a $25 upgrade to PSN Plus Extra. Which means I got Miles Morales for free as well as Spiderman Remastered for another $20.
I bought a slew of other games as well, mostly their DLC passes because they had a great selection of games for the Extra subscription model.

Fairly expensive day for me today and the fruits of my spending will arrive in bits and pieces as they couldn't all be purchased here in Australia. Must say I'm really, and I mean really excited for when it all arrives.

This.
rs=w_600,h_600.jpg

These.

GnR-Inner-Art-Blades-Promo-500x500.jpg

This.

2f5381_149f65f2295d4156b35a27cc6f30585e_mv2.jpg

And most importantly one of these to put them on.
gnr-le-limited-edition-pinball-machine.png

While G'N'R aren't my favourite band I do like playing this machine... and I don't really dislike their music. I tried to get the Stern Led Zeppelin pinball machine but that's going for crazy money for the one I wanted down here (there's a second hand LE one for $32k AUD in my state).

Best part is it means my home bar is getting close to completion :D

I'll post pictures of mine when it's all up and running.

Fairly expensive day for me today and the fruits of my spending will arrive in bits and pieces as they couldn't all be purchased here in Australia. Must say I'm really, and I mean really excited for when it all arrives.

This.
View attachment 1223454
These.

View attachment 1223455

This.

View attachment 1223457

And most importantly one of these to put them on.
View attachment 1223458
While G'N'R aren't my favourite band I do like playing this machine... and I don't really dislike their music. I tried to get the Stern Led Zeppelin pinball machine but that's going for crazy money for the one I wanted down here (there's a second hand LE one for $32k AUD in my state).

Best part is it means my home bar is getting close to completion :D

I'll post pictures of mine when it's all up and running.
Awesome! When I was a kid, our favorite divey raw bar had GnR and Freddy Kruger pinball machines. Major nostalgia lol

Comic Book Day! The untitled one is The New Champion of Shazam! #4 featuring Mary Marvel, by Josie Campbell and Evan Shaner. It's a fun book. The cover is by one of my favorite artists, Rose Besch. I love collecting these "virgin" covers because they make great cell phone and iPad wallpapers.
52635631416_a52c3f2801_c.jpg

52635631296_732dcb684e_c.jpg

Last edited:
Comic Book Day! The untitled one is The New Champion of Shazam! #4 featuring Mary Marvel, by Josie Campbell and Evan Shaner. It's a fun book. The cover is by one of my favorite artists, Rose Besch. I love collecting these "virgin" covers because they make great cell phone and iPad wallpapers.
View attachment 1223952
View attachment 1223951
How much you be willing to give for a Betty and Veronica Give A Party tumble 1973. PM me.

Attachments

• 16741358130781526776194.jpg
    16741358130781526776194.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 8
  • 16741359124631788034667.jpg
    16741359124631788034667.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 8
Back