Show off your latest purchase!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 36,670 comments
Finally broke down and got a 30 series card (and a little extra lighting)

IMG_20221020_151238751.jpg

IMG_20221020_195043946.jpg

Two 18TB external HDD's to add to my already extensive storage capacity of two banks of three 8TB HDD's (one bank can be seen in the background and the other is attached to my laptop in my bar).

20221022_063511.jpg

This will allow me to run the two new 18 TB ones in my bar and bring those three down to my PC to help with the overflow situation I currently have now that I've finished ripping my latest batch of new and second hand music DVD's.

Edit: The HDD's in my bar have exactly the same content as the ones connected to my PC. I've backed up my back up just in case. Saves getting my DVD's and Blu-ray's out of storage to recopy them if anything ever goes wrong... which has in the past.

Now for the long process of copying and rearranging the contents of all of these HDD's :indiff:

Last edited:
I picked up a cheap-ish OBDII Bluetooth/Wi-Fi connector for real-time stats.
I haven’t installed it yet but I’m hoping it’ll connect to my iOS device.

I picked up a cheap-ish OBDII Bluetooth/Wi-Fi connector for real-time stats.
I haven’t installed it yet but I’m hoping it’ll connect to my iOS device.
It should connect just fine, but you might have to program some codes in it depending on what info you want to read. I had to program in the trans temp for my 4Runner, but a quick Google search got me all of Toyota's codes and it just took a second to program. I use Torque, but I have an Android phone so I'm not sure if it's available on iOS or not.

Sailor Moon Eternal Edition volume 10. This is the final volume, but I still need volume 9. I have it on order at B&N.
sailor_moon_eternal_edition_v10.jpg

It should connect just fine, but you might have to program some codes in it depending on what info you want to read. I had to program in the trans temp for my 4Runner, but a quick Google search got me all of Toyota's codes and it just took a second to program. I use Torque, but I have an Android phone so I'm not sure if it's available on iOS or not.
Torque is available for iOS. I’ve got something else, I can’t remember what it’s called.
I recall reading that iOS will only connect via Wi-Fi but not bluetooth so I’ll have to experiment with that. I’ve got an old android I could use but it’s so old I think it’ll be incompatible.

Thanks for the tips on the codes. I’ll set it up on my drive so I’ll have access to Google for anything that needs inputting.

My main use will be to measure accurate fuel consumption but it’ll be useful to see the other data.

Got myself a JDM Walkman!

Technologically, I'm stubbornly stuck in the early 2000s and don't stream my media. My iPod Touch kicked the bucket, Apple stopped making iPods altogether just recently, and I've been wanting to try something new for years anyway. I figured, I had a Walkman cassette player in the '90s, CD player in the early '00s... why not revisit an old friend. The reviews were great, even if it seemed geared towards people who are more of an audiophile than I am. It was a little bit of a pain to figure out how to transfer files from iTunes onto it (again, more probably because of my technological retardation), which is where I'm still going to buy all my music, but now I'm in and can quickly move the files over. A cool little throwback feature it has is the screen saver in the photo above. The image of the cassette tape shows whatever song is currently playing, and the reels actually react to you playing, pausing, and fast-forwarding a song with the buttons on the side. This little connection to my childhood has me so happy!

As for the JDM-ness, this was just a pain to get ahold of. I assume because of the supply chain issues. I don't like spending too much money overseas when shipping is inherently risky, so I tried hard to find one in North America, but pickings were slim. Best Buy, Crutchfield, etc didn't have them in stock, and I only found one, close enough in Canada, through eBay. It didn't arrive as advertised and I don't trust used electronics, especially with this one being Android-based and connected to the internet, so I returned it. Being a retail worker myself, I hate - HATE, with an unbridled passion - Amazon just for being ****** to their employees, so I never use them unless as a last resort, but they had them in stock. I think this was my third-ever purchase through them. The photo I got in tracking when it was "delivered" wasn't even of my door! It was my neighbor's apartment, who I talked to, and all they got was their own order, which they showed me still unopened. Luckily I got a refund. Third attempt, I caved and went back on eBay, buying from this Japanese seller, and it worked out. It was even almost $100 cheaper than on Amazon!

Also, I've been meaning to see The Godfather forever. Happened across the trilogy DVD set for cheap while at the store and grabbed it. It's not like anything good is made for the theater these days, so old movies it is...

Got myself a JDM Walkman!

Technologically, I'm stubbornly stuck in the early 2000s and don't stream my media. My iPod Touch kicked the bucket, Apple stopped making iPods altogether just recently
I didn't realize Apple had discontinued the iPod Touch. I'm glad I bought a 256gb 7th gen model two years ago. I use it constantly.

I didn't realize Apple had discontinued the iPod Touch. I'm glad I bought a 256gb 7th gen model two years ago. I use it constantly.
I had the same model, but it was in a pretty bad way. The screen had been slowly falling off for several months, the battery wouldn't last 45 minutes on a full charge (not that it mattered, I only ever had it plugged into my car stereo where it stayed charged), it would randomly reset while playing, and then it finally just stopped booting up. I loved it while it lasted, though, the UI was very well designed imo. With this Walkman, I'm already missing the ability to create and edit playlists on the device itself and it doesn't have its own software to organize everything like iTunes. Storage is microSD based, so you're just expected to work it out yourself with something third party.

Last edited:
Thread cutter set and pin punches 1.5, 2 and 2.5 millimeters. I have a quite a lot of tools but fixing/cutting threads and punching really small pins out of stuff was a blank spot on my map so to speak. Not anymore! Man I just love tools, fixing stuff yourself is so rewarding.

81o9wnf3lbL._SL1500_.jpg

31Leespqf8L._AC_SX679_.jpg

Last edited:
Thread cutter set and pin punches 1.5, 2 and 2.5 millimeters. I have a quite a lot of tools but fixing/cutting threads and punching really small pins out of stuff was a blank spot on my map so to speak. Not anymore! Man I just love tools, fixing stuff yourself is so rewarding.

View attachment 1204003

View attachment 1204002
We Americans get more choices earlier cars were standard ; 80's & 90's was a guessing game maybe standard ,maybe metric, maybe both on one car. Plus the Ole MG Midget which has some British Standard bolts,1/2 in British Standard isn't always the same as 1/2 in English Standard. Now you need to buy some cutting oil for the tap and die set.

We Americans get more choices earlier cars were standard ; 80's & 90's was a guessing game maybe standard ,maybe metric, maybe both on one car. Plus the Ole MG Midget which has some British Standard bolts,1/2 in British Standard isn't always the same as 1/2 in English Standard. Now you need to buy some cutting oil for the tap and die set.
I'm doing a lot of gunsmithing so I'm very familiar with imperial measurements. Most firearms I work on are from the US so I have a separate case just with inch pattern tools. I'm just happy torx screws exist and they are slowly but steadily replacing everything - they have a fixed size for everyone. Oh and especially torx plus. I love torx plus.

Got me a wrist roller! I do weight lifting but there are very few exercises that target forearms hard. So I bought a wrist roller - the device is pretty much self-explanatory you simply put some weights on the rope and roll it up while keeping your forearms in a horizontal position.
Gives you the sickest pump in your forearms like no other exercise, feels like working tight screws with a screwdriver over and over again. I'm doing it with 10kg 6-8 sets. :scared:

xxxx-Wrist-Roller-I.jpg

Two more SnapBacks and a pin

2510DAB6-8D87-42C2-8A62-E0B6F7607CF3.jpeg

Fanatics Big3 as I really enjoy the format of this league, I don’t support any specific team so can just enjoy the season unfold.

BEDBAACB-3954-4DB9-85CC-296888C6F81F.jpeg

48718788-3A35-442C-8A6C-31D8EB6316A3.jpeg

Some MF Doom merch for Doomsday 2022.

Finally got my RTX 3080 GPU from Best Buy yesterday that will be replacing my 2080 super that I have installed on my PC. Heard a lot of positive things about Gigabyte, this GPU and their cooling technology Windforce so I decided to go for a Gigabyte Branded 3080 GPU.
View attachment 1204542
Gigabyte have a good reputation for reliable cards.

Just stay the hell away from their power supplies.

Latest Posts

Back