Show off your latest purchase!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 36,670 comments
Well my Police Story Trilogy boxset arrived today. It’s a looker and from the reviews they all seem to be pretty well done too. I’m looking forward to digging into these films again with all the extras and alternate versions.

The booklet is lovely too, jam packed full of info and images.

Hard card slip box
5CB60834-D324-4FA0-99D3-BBA361DB78D1.jpeg

All three films with OG cover sleeves

B7D41903-E7FF-45EE-8703-4E60F53DE5BD.jpeg

Booklet Contents

F2974EF6-45D9-4CF2-B93F-BC07E3B1AE43.jpeg

Some booklet pages
F1A29419-0BDB-4FEF-8445-B6B80A2E9B7A.jpeg

810ED086-8AE6-454C-8A1C-750B71F653F8.jpeg

789A0536-16C0-4373-B810-62EE53CA063C.jpeg

Wheels and tyres?

Are those winter set?

They look really big. Are they for a truck?

The rims look mesmerisingly nice. I’ve spent a good 3 whole minutes observing them.

That might be too much observation, but I like the pattern.

That’s about 5 minutes observing now.

Last edited:
Wheels and tyres?

Are those winter set?

The rims look mesmerisingly nice. I’ve spent a good 3 whole minutes observing them.

Only the rubber.

They're not winter tires, just all season.

They're for the Pilot, so not big tires - 235/70-16.

Wheels and tyres?

Are those winter set?

I got "double-rainbow" vibes from that post. :lol:

Today was a big day for comics, but only two are full price. The rest are all on sale or low-price back catalog titles. Lots of Red Sonja and Vampirella books. I love those old pulp characters.
A28B96E4-F623-4DFB-A78E-E8949C4EC4EE.jpeg

4ACCF66A-0E80-44F1-97A2-49888497DE6D.jpeg

ED47DBD0-53F5-49E3-9F5F-1363A99CF13B.jpeg

C9DF7104-E508-4863-BF3A-351661FE1D34.jpeg

[A53 5G box]
Unintended update:
K12a0lEl.jpg

Long story short:
Big brain moment at work Wednesday where I forgot I had my phone on the rear bumper of my car until I closed the trunk. Screen glass wasn't cracked beyond one right outside my immediate line of sight. Only just damaged the important circuitry underneath it making it actually do things beyond being an expensive rectangle with technically enough computing power to get to the Moon.

Also because I didn't exactly forsee the need to write down the security PIN when I started with them eight years ago, technically opened a whole new account with literally the same exact info as my old one. $45 service plan to go along with it.

Intended purchase:
C3nKdxVl.jpg

Paid off the car I never intended to buy last May, most recent photo I have on-hand.

Unintended update:
K12a0lEl.jpg

Long story short:
Big brain moment at work Wednesday where I forgot I had my phone on the rear bumper of my car until I closed the trunk. Screen glass wasn't cracked beyond one right outside my immediate line of sight. Only just damaged the important circuitry underneath it making it actually do things beyond being an expensive rectangle with technically enough computing power to get to the Moon.

Also because I didn't exactly forsee the need to write down the security PIN when I started with them eight years ago, technically opened a whole new account with literally the same exact info as my old one. $45 service plan to go along with it.

Intended purchase:
C3nKdxVl.jpg

Paid off the car I never intended to buy last May, most recent photo I have on-hand.
Something tells me you probably get good mileage from that vehicle.

Another Friday, another volume of Sailor Moon. I'm still missing volume four. I've ordered it from Barnes & Noble. They've confirmed it's in their warehouse, so I should have it be next Friday.
52395603466_eac0bb8b7e_c.jpg

It's been an exciting weekend...

20221002_085015.jpg

Couple more Japanese Racers, including a PS1 checkpoint racer I've never seen before. Also eager to see what the next current generation of gaming has to offer.

I just got this t-shirt from Dumb Industries.
C8F0C4AC-D366-47CA-965A-2C06A8466D2F.jpeg

This video explains the joke.

Last edited:
Made my biggest purchase for quite a number of years the other day, by finally ordering a Solar system.

I’ve been wanting to do it for years, but after a particularly nasty power bill and with my wife now home 24/7 looking after our 2 very young kids, it’s become a necessity.

After a fair bit of research, I decided I wanted to opt for a 10KW system, rather than the 6.6KW most people go with. The higher capacity meaning we’ll make more power than we actually need during the day, with the extra going to the grid for a small payment. When the suns down, we then draw it back at a (7x :rolleyes:) higher rate. It puts us in a spot where we will still have a bill, but it will be much smaller and we can offset our total energy use from an environmental standpoint.

It also means that if we ever get a battery, (they’re a bit pricy for now, and I think better technology isn’t far away) we should be pretty much self sufficient.

After talking to retailers, and a bit of negotiation, I ended up with a 10.8KW system, made up of 27x 400w Trina Vertex S panels, through a 10KW SOFAR inverter, at a price point where it should all pay itself back inside 3 years. The order was placed about a month ago and installed 10 days ago. We’ve been making power ever since :).

I have no photos of the installation but here’s an idea of what the app looks like…
CC354126-FB1A-4A39-B835-E4FD966A2C93.jpeg

And how the energy flows on a fairly sunny day…
229E8D8C-3288-4B2A-8ABA-5AFDE8D28B52.jpeg

With the cost of running AC being quite bad, we’d always avoid using it, even on the regular 40*c + days we get here. Come this summer, that puppy will be on full blast all day long! More importantly the babies and wife will be cool and happy! :D

Currently, we are averaging just over 39KW back to the grid per day, and the weather has been far from ideal. For the stats nerds (me) This is also about 39KG of carbon saved, which would take my car about 200km of driving to generate.

I used to do a lot less, but now average about 50KM per day. At this rate, in two years time, my 10 years (at that stage) of driving the 86 will be environmentally cancelled out. Take that Tesla people who charge from the grid! :lol:

Last edited:
Put in an order for the new Pixel 7, should be here next week. I thought about the Pro, but it's just so pointlessly large. Even the 7 is giant, but it'll be a solid phone for me so I can live with it.

1665070452103.png

Back