Show off your latest purchase!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 36,629 comments
Is it Wednesday already?
IMG_0316.jpeg

I'd been refusing to pay the outrageous prices I'd seen around for this now discontinued Patron so when I came across it for $90 at a store in Perth for members I promptly signed up and bought the maximum allowed of two bottles... and an also discontinued bottle of the standard XO Café from a different online store arrived today as well (with a bottle of 2023 Booker Noe's) as a second spare .
20231005_145756.jpg

My wife and I really enjoy anything Patron but we're yet to try the Incendio so I hope we like it, but with a mix of chili, chocolate and tequila flavours I'm pretty sure we will.... in moderation of course.

It’s Bandcamp Friday again, when 100% of sales go directly to the artists.

BLACKSTARKIDS - Let’s Play Sports
BLACKSTARKIDS - SURF
BLACKSTARKIDS - Whatever, Man (Deluxe)
chillhop beat tapes: Ezzy [Side A]
chillhop beat tapes: Knowmadic [Side B]
Ergo, Bria - Ergo
Mint Green - All Girls Go To Heaven
Nightlife - fallback
Nightlife - New Low

IMG_0348.jpeg

Yeah, some stinky balls?
Not sure what you’re snacking on.
Some Japanese trend im not familiar with?

I usually remove them daily.
I can save them if you wish🤣🤣🤣

Looking a bit hyper camp are we? :lol: Jk that's a cool bag. I would've gone with one but they didn't fit the jumbomax grips through each hole very well.

Looking a bit hyper camp are we? :lol: Jk that's a cool bag. I would've gone with one but they didn't fit the jumbomax grips through each hole very well.

Good old typo, meant to be hyper camo. I’d had my eye on Ogio bags for a while but the price just wasn’t quite in impulse buy range, got this one on Amazon for just over half the price of all the other colours, can only assume it’s been discontinued in the range.

Really was just looking for a good bag that did everything well, my previous Stromberg cart bag was ok but the pockets were limited and not very functional and the 14 way divider could be quite annoying. Tried a Cobra one and while the pockets were good, again the 14 way divider was somehow even worse. The Ogio is spot on, magnetic pockets for quicker access to things, good apparel pocket, 2 drinks pockets, and the divider system is fantastic. Plus it can be a stand/carry bag as well.

Got a brand new Xbox 360 with a copy of Halo 3, one of my favorites of the era. Looks a lot more blocky than I remember 😂

20231013_140201.jpg

Bad joke, sorry. It's a Mega (Bloks) 18+ build set, clearly a ripoff of Lego's own 18+ theme. The console is 3/4 scale and is pretty impressive, still, love that the box is just like the actual 360 box.

Last edited:
Got a brand new Xbox 360 with a copy of Halo 3, one of my favorites of the era. Looks a lot more blocky than I remember 😂

View attachment 1295057
Bad joke, sorry. It's a Mega (Bloks) 18+ build set, clearly a ripoff of Lego's own 18+ theme. The console is 3/4 scale and is pretty impressive, still, love that the box is just like the actual 360 box.
I was like “Oh, cool. That brings back memories..” Then I looked at the box and started squinting at my phone :odd::lol:

A new Weber Baby Q just in time for the improving weather. We already have a large BBQ with a rotisserie but this one will fill our need for just a small one for my wife and I to throw a couple of steaks on (really it's I throw the steaks on while my wife preps the salads) rather than dealing with the fairly large Ziggy. It detaches from the cart very easily so it will fit in the back of the wagon too.

20231013_085047.jpg

This was a purchase I wish I didn’t have to make. Left my Nintendo Switch on the hood of my car while I was loading stuff into it. Forgot it was there and drove a half mile. Searched the side of the road for that half mile for a couple hours and could not find it.
IMG_8861.jpeg

IMG_8878.jpeg
Also lost my copy of The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom as it was in the Switch at the time.
IMG_8877.jpeg
As well as renewing my subscription to Nintendo Online. I had cancelled it since I didn’t need it for Zelda when it came out. Unfortunately that means my save file didn’t get backed up to the cloud, and my 160 hour save file is gone and I have to start over.
It occurred to me while I was looking for it that this all could have been avoided if I had some kind of tracking device in my switch carrying case. (Or if I hadn’t been an idiot and left my video game console on the hood of my car.)
IMG_8875.jpeg

Last edited:
This was a purchase I wish I didn’t have to make. Left my Nintendo Switch on the hood of my car while I was loading stuff into it. Forgot it was there and drove a half mile. Searched the side of the road for that half mile for a couple hours and could not find it.
View attachment 1295379
View attachment 1295380
Also lost my copy of The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom as it was in the Switch at the time.
View attachment 1295381
As well as renewing my subscription to Nintendo Online. I had cancelled it since I didn’t need it for Zelda when it came out. Unfortunately that means my save file didn’t get backed up to the cloud, and my 160 hour save file is gone and I have to start over.
It occurred to me while I was looking for it that this all could have been avoided if I had some kind of tracking device in my case. (Or if I hadn’t been an idiot and left my video game console on the hood of my car.)
View attachment 1295382
That's one advantage of owning a PS5 too big to pack up and take it with you, even if you would leave it on hood you would get an eyeful of PS5 once inside. Have you looked under the hood

WD SN570 1TB M.2 SSD & a 32GB Sandisk USB flash drive. Never handled an M.2 SSD before. Tiny wee thing you could inhale. Speaking of never... Never loan a flash drive to a mate. It will get lost, loaned on to someone else & of course get denied they ever had it in the first place. Every time. SSD is now my C drive & the flash drive got Windows installed on it. Productive old day.

ssdpendrive.jpg

Back