Show off your latest purchase!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 36,467 comments
Basically, anything with internet access. They gaining big data for better ads targeting.
That’s why, outside of GTP, I spent as little time in the matrix as possible.

That took a tangent. Sorry well off topic.

Picked up a few more UHD’s

IMG_0069.jpeg

Despite my reservations I picked up T2. It’s supposed to have very aggressive DNR making everyone look waxy. I’ve yet to watch it.

We’re just finishing the last Indy as I type and they’ve all looked fantastic and top draw.

Got a new laptop Thursday and it arrived today! :dopey:
IMG_1994.JPEG

The old laptop I have been using since 2017, while it's not dead yet, it's been running pretty hot for a while and it recently has gotten to where it makes weird noises when booting up. Not only do I think it's going to fail sometime later down the line, but I honestly have been ready to upgrade to a better computer for a while so I can run more recently released PC games since this computer wasn't really meant for it and since Black Friday deals were happening, I decided to jump on it now.

Currently on my old one right now backing up my stuff to my portable HDD so I can move to my new computer, but eventually, I'm going to migrate to it completely. When I do, I am just going to format my old one and lend it to my dad. While I kind of hate to part with my old one since it's been good to me, more so than any laptop I've had to date, I am anxious to see what this new one will be like for me! :)

Last edited:
Decided to finally pull the trigger on a Fanatec wheel. I saw they were running a Black Friday sale on their CSL EliteV2 pedals and it knocked down the price a decent bit on the CSL DD 8nm McLaren bundle, so I got myself a little Christmas present :dopey:. I considered adding on the QR2 setup, but skipped it for now since the GT3 wheel should be suitable for the games I intend to use it for. Only other item I'd want to add on is a shifter, but I'm waiting to see how much I like it before throwing more money at Fanatec.

Capture.PNG

Just have to get a wheel stand (currently eyeing up the NLR Wheel Stand 2.0) to hook it on to and I'll be set to break my wrists go racin'.

Decided to finally pull the trigger on a Fanatec wheel. I saw they were running a Black Friday sale on their CSL EliteV2 pedals and it knocked down the price a decent bit on the CSL DD 8nm McLaren bundle, so I got myself a little Christmas present :dopey:. I considered adding on the QR2 setup, but skipped it for now since the GT3 wheel should be suitable for the games I intend to use it for. Only other item I'd want to add on is a shifter, but I'm waiting to see how much I like it before throwing more money at Fanatec.

View attachment 1304560

Just have to get a wheel stand (currently eyeing up the NLR Wheel Stand 2.0) to hook it on to and I'll be set to break my wrists go racin'.
Well, I know I said the GT3 wheel would be all I need, but the more I thought about it the more I realized a standard circular wheel wouldn't hurt to have. Found this lovely example of a WRC CSL Elite on eBay that came with the box and a QR1 for less than the MSRP of the wheel alone new from Fanatec, and I couldn't pass it up. (Image from eBay listing)
20231120_143851.jpg

Also forgot to share my latest game pickups. Favorite of this bunch is probably is Silpheed, since it has that fantastic holo-foil look that attracted me to the box in the first place.
20231119_164350.jpg

Picked up the Pale Reach DLC for Dredge. It's supposedly really short but it only cost me just over $3, thanks to the credit I had on the Nintendo eShop.

capsule_616x353.jpg

And Amazon's Black Friday thing strikes again. Demon Souls this time. Been awhile since I last played a Soulsborne game. Saving this one for over Christmas.

Demons-Souls-Sony-PlayStation-5-PS5-Game-Brand.webp

Last edited:
I may have splurged this year:

hbvf49.jpg

• Got this case from Amazon for it; feels very similar in materials to the Steam Deck's case, also has a cool little kickstand with cutouts for the fans. Highly recommend 👍
  • Got these pillows for supporting my arms while laying in bed.

Finally I can be super lazy but also entertained while in bed after busting my butt at work all day. I'm maaaaad comfy... :embarrassed:

Last edited:
TB
Seagate One Touch Hub 8TB

71IA1n1+hnL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

For $80 at Costco to have a backup drive I couldn't say no.
The Seagate external drive lasted about 2 weeks before it died so I returned it and, probably against my better judgment, picked up a 10TB HGST Ultrastar He10 from Amazon that came out of a data center.

51yKRd3meRL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_FMwebp_.jpg

So far things appear to be going well.

Hoping Neil Patrick Harris GIF

More UHD’s as Vol.1 hit a new low in the Black Friday Sales.

I still want Vol.2 & 3 but they were still a little on the higher side being newer releases.

Plus this set has my favourite Hitchcock film “Rear Window”

IMG_0083.jpeg

Got a pair of Oakley Sutros in Prizm Snow Black.

image_82e4ccc8-9212-477d-a0c5-56fe807a906a.heic

They only let 5.5% of light through and apparently, as a Cat 4 lens, they're illegal to use while driving. So I figured it would be a great reason to try them.

Well, let me tell you, they are DARK. Like darker than Cthulu's anus. I have GTP on dark mode and I can't read people's sigs with these on. Should be great for cycling when the sun is blazing, and I can imagine these being totally awesome for migraine days. Got em for like 75% off for black friday, I figure that's justification enough to keep them.

Prizm Snow Black
Be careful with those Prism lenses. I always take care of mine and the tiniest scratch made them start de-laminating. They're pretty much unwearable now. Replacement polarized Flak 2.0 XL lenses only come in Prism, which I'm now biased against, or boring gray.

TB
Be careful with those Prism lenses. I always take care of mine and the tiniest scratch made them start de-laminating. They're pretty much unwearable now. Replacement polarized Flak 2.0 XL lenses only come in Prism, which I'm now biased against, or boring gray.
Prizm is just their polycarbonate lens line. Do you mean the Iridium coating de-laminates? Iridium is what they call the mirror finish on whatever color lens it's laid over. I've never had a problem with my Oakley glasses, but thanks for the warning.

Back