Show off your latest purchase!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 36,467 comments
Prizm is just their polycarbonate lens line. Do you mean the Iridium coating de-laminates? Iridium is what they call the mirror finish on whatever color lens it's laid over. I've never had a problem with my Oakley glasses, but thanks for the warning.
I assumed that Prizm was a coating. I've had numerous Oakleys over the last 30 years and this is the only pair that has de-laminated and also the only pair of Prizms so it's possible there's no connection and I'm blaming the wrong thing.

17013839305222319877063690673078.jpg

TB
I assumed that Prizm was a coating. I've had numerous Oakleys over the last 30 years and this is the only pair that has de-laminated and also the only pair of Prizms so it's possible there's no connection and I'm blaming the wrong thing.

View attachment 1307815
Wow, that's bad! Are you sure those aren't Brokeleys? Looks like the Iridium foil coming off. FWIW, my Katos feel like a polycarbonate sandwich with the filter/foils in between. All of my chinese bobo glasses just have the polarizers and other films straight on the polycarbonate lenses, however. Maybe they make the rimless kinds of glasses with a better process, especially if they had a lot of those of the older style fail like that.

Last edited:
Crossposted from “What Music Did You Buy” thread.
Its another Bandcamp Friday when 100% of sales go to the artists. Today I bought the two newest Chillhop Beat Tapes and several singles and EPs from Magnolia Park.
IMG_2293.jpeg

Well, looks like a new record which I haven’t bought in a while.

Toshinori Kondo & DJ Krush
Ki-Oku

IMG_0102.jpeg

Remastered and released to commemorate the 3rd anniversary of Toshinori San passing.

@Omnis

My wife had a pair of Oakleys stolen years ago and they were her favorite sunglasses she's ever had. Which, of course, means they stopped making them.

Enter Poshmark about a year ago. They were exactly the same as hers, and for a decent price.

That brings us to a few days ago. I complain, again, that all the Flak 2.0s have Prizm lenses and she asks if I've checked Poshmark. Found a pair that were listed as never worn, polarized and with shipping came to just under $100.

20231202_201531.jpg

The box is a little beat up, but that's not why I bought it. We'll get back to the box in a minute, though.

20231202_202747.jpg

Inside the box was a hard shell, brand new bag and sunglasses that don't look like they've been touched since

20231202_202823.jpg

Needless to say, I'm quite pleased.

Well, looks like a new record which I haven’t bought in a while.

Toshinori Kondo & DJ Krush
Ki-Oku

View attachment 1308355

Remastered and released to commemorate the 3rd anniversary of Toshinori San passing.
Sexy Juno Temple GIF by Apple TV+

I could honestly gush so much about this record. I remember listening to this album constantly in high school (well after its original 1996 release, mind you), and it was on of the things that really turned me onto Jazz music as a whole, while also solidifying my love for Hip-Hop.

Excellent, excellent pickup, friend. If I'm honest, I'm a little jealous as well. :lol:

This month just got unexpectedly more expensive.

We've been having some issues with our dryer but I've managed to limp it along. Then after 8 loads of laundry yesterday, this morning the washing machine decided to throw a fit so instead of trying to fix it, it's time for them to go.

A new set of Samsungs were ordered. Supposedly being delivered on Thursday.

1701643032610.png

TB

We've been having some issues with our dryer but I've managed to limp it along. Then after 8 loads of laundry yesterday, this morning the washing machine decided to throw a fit so instead of trying to fix it, it's time for them to go.

View attachment 1308876

I had to get a new dryer recently too but didn't need a washer and it's such an eyesore that they don't look alike, LOL. Nice set.

I had to get a new dryer recently too but didn't need a washer and it's such an eyesore that they don't look alike, LOL. Nice set.
I have a Frigidaire range, a Whirlpool dishwasher, a Panasonic microwave and a Samsung fridge but they're all stainless steel so they match well enough.

A black Samsung washer next to a white LG dryer would probably kill me. :lol:

TB

View attachment 1308876
Got a Samsung washer out the back, as old as the house, sits through sun and rain. Keeps going strong.

I’ve never needed a dryer though.

Got a Samsung washer out the back, as old as the house, sits through sun and rain. Keeps going strong.

I’ve never needed a dryer though.
I can't exactly put clothes outside to dry for half the year so unfortunately it's kind of a requirement. :lol:

TB
I have a Frigidaire range, a Whirlpool dishwasher, a Panasonic microwave and a Samsung fridge but they're all stainless steel so they match well enough.

A black Samsung washer next to a white LG dryer would probably kill me. :lol:
I have an lg black stainless steel next to a white Maytag washer lol. It hurts.

Couldn't help myself. I figured what's better than one pair of XM4s? Two pair!
Are you stockpiling for when the internet dies and physical media films become sacred items?
Streaming is convenient but it's far from the best audio and video quality. Physical media is still king.

@W3H5 its as @TB & @Nexus state.

Streaming services don’t offer 100% the best quality even with a 4K HDR Stream. You can get close if not bang in the money if you use a service like Sony Core (now rebranded but I can’t remember its name) which I’ve tried as I got 5 free movies to watch when I bought my Sony TV. But the cost of Sony Core isn’t worth my money in value wise.

You can get a Kaleidoscope if you’re in the USA/Canada which will run about £5K for the hardware and then extra for the films. This system lets you download them and run your own server full of lossless films. But it’s costly compared to a disc.

Then you have streaming services killing off certain shows and films. Also not all films and shows are on one service so you have to pick and choose which service.

Buying the films and shows my wife and I love, means we can watch them when ever we want.

Streaming has its advantages, like travelling, ease of a few button presses and starting the film downstairs and finishing it upstairs when we go to bed for example.

I also love the extras you get with a disc. Most of these are missing on streaming services.

Last edited:
I suppose I’m so used to streaming on a laptop screen I don’t give much thought to the video definition or bonus stuff.

I’ve not encountered anyone for a long time that still keeps physical digital media players, though I had a few film buff mates that had wardrobes full of DVDs. That was at a time when downloading from limewire could fry your PC.

One conversion I never made was digital books. I tried a few but ultimate decided that I like paper copies more.

This is not the ramblings thread is it. My bad. Carried away.

Latest Posts

Back