Show off your latest purchase!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 36,624 comments
Wow, 3ms response time? Good Brightness levels. Good have better contrast ratio but still not bad at all. And 1080p capable? Nice purchase indeed.

Thanks! Yep 1080p and when in PC mode via hdmi to dvi it's 1920x1200. :eek:

Just need to get an HDTV tuner card and I'm good. :drool:

17-139-001-15.jpg

17-139-001-05.jpg

17-139-001-12.jpg

Damn good deal on it, too
http://www.buy.com/prod/corsair-520w-sli-certified-modular-atx-power-supply/q/loc/101/203270716.html

it had better be here by friday

That's a hell of a power supply.

It's replacing a 650W BFG that I don't trust to run my machine. The previous owner got it, but apparently didn't know the crappiness that is BFG. Plus, it's loud as hell and this new one is whisper quiet

G.T
Sony%20Ericsson%20K800i.jpg

+ a protective case coming tomorrow.

Just a small spending spree...

Good phone, have one myself, great camera capabilities. Hope you got a micro-stick though if you want to use it for music too...without it you're likely to fit maybe two albums at most on it.

Well, I chose to bite the bullet, and bought an off-the-shelf PC:

Gateway GM5474
- AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ (3.0GHz per core)
- NVIDIA GeForce 8500GT (256MB)
- TV Tuner (I need to buy an HD reciever...)
- DVD+/-RW
- 500 GB HDD
- 2GB DDR2
- 15-in-1 Media Reader
- Windows Vista Home Premium
- 19" 720p LCD Widescreen

This is pretty much the best computer I'm ever going to buy for a long, long while. It cost a little bit more than I had expected (the 19" monitor is to blame), but I'll survive. Between the money my brother owes me for the old computer (HP 720n) and the money I took out for school to buy this, its only costing me about $200 out-of-pocket, which really isn't that bad.

...I'll get some photos up tomorrow...

...I'll get some photos up tomorrow...

You know, I've been waiting for a new PC for a while now, too. So, I put together this...

TSD-500AS2 :: Seagate / Barracuda 7200.10 / 500GB / 7200 / 16MB / Serial ATA-300 / OEM / Hard Drive (1 lbs)
In Stock $119.99 $119.99

M17-1784 :: Microsoft Wireless Laser Mouse 6000 (0.95 lbs)
In Stock $49.99 $49.99

A68-1036 :: Adesso IR Wireless USB Keyboard with Trackball (Black) (1.6 lbs)
In Stock $66.99 $66.99

ULT31814 :: Ultra Blue 120mm UV Fan Ball Bearing Case Fan (0.1 lbs)
In Stock $12.99 $12.99

TC3J-4503 :: PowerUp AK-18 ATX Mid-Tower Case with Front USB and Audio Ports (15.65 lbs)
In Stock $24.99 $24.99

L12-1124 OEM :: Lite-On Super-Multi LH20A1H Lightscribe OEM DVD Burner - 20x DVD±R Burn, 16x DVD±R Read, 8x DVD+RW, 6x DVD-RW, 8x DVD±R DL, 12x DVD-RAM, Internal, Black-Beige (2.3 lbs)
In Stock $34.99 $34.99

ULT31841 K :: Ultra / V-Series / 500-Watt / ATX / 120mm Fan / 20/24-Pin / SATA Ready / Power Supply (4.45 lbs)
In Stock $59.99 $59.99

K24-6006 :: Kingston 1024MB PC6400 DDR2 800MHz Memory (0.3 lbs)
In Stock $59.99 $119.98

M452-2822 :: MSI K9N SLI Platinum NVIDIA Socket AM2 ATX Motherboard / Audio / PCI Express / SLI Ready / Dual Gigabit LAN / S/PDIF / USB 2.0 & Firewire / Serial ATA / RAID (4.1 lbs)
In Stock $139.99 $139.99

CP1-AM2-5000 :: AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+ 2.60GHz / 1MB Cache / 1000MHz FSB / Dual Core (Windsor) / Socket AM2 / Processor with Fan (1 lbs)
In Stock $129.99 $129.99

S15-1016 :: Sparkle GeForce 8600 GT / 512MB DDR2 / SLI Ready / PCI Express / DVI / VGA / HDTV / Video Card (1 lbs)
In Stock $119.99 $119.99

SUBTOTAL
S&H Ground (3 to 7 days)..$54.94

TOTAL $930

I might as well drop it, and get what you're getting. Don't mean to be a copy-cat.

Just have to transfer the title & pay for it in full. But on friday I'll have myself a 1994 BMW 325is for $3,500. Manual, black w/black leather, heated seats, and 4 extra rims with snow tires. So you can say that I'm QUITE pleased.

You know, I've been waiting for a new PC for a while now, too. So, I put together this...

I might as well drop it, and get what you're getting. Don't mean to be a copy-cat.

you should get intel instead. Intel >>>>>>>>> AMD right now

well it's not exactly the item itself, but the result of it. I got two tickets to the Baltimore vs. Boston game today at Camden Yards. It was fantastic, the entire day was just perfect. Here's a picture I took with my phone from my seat, I was a lot closer than the picture suggests:

camden01gq7.jpg

Needless to say, it put a pretty big dent in my wallet, but its probably the best deal I could have gotten without building one myself. As of right now my patience is pretty short when it comes to playing H.264/.MOV files on the computer, as Vista simply WON'T do it. I've tried most the solutions I've been able to find on the Internet, but it just isn't working...

I'm not too fond of Vista thus far. But, I'll survive. I played with MediaCenter last night, and that seems to be worth the price of admission, particularly when I miss all of my good shows when I'm at work. Plus, the DX10-ready setup is making me itchy... Crysis can't come soon enough!

I'll probably take photos when it has a good place to sit... Right now its on my livingroom floor next to my HDTV and the X360. There isn't enough room on my desk right now for two computers...

Needless to say, it put a pretty big dent in my wallet, but its probably the best deal I could have gotten without building one myself. As of right now my patience is pretty short when it comes to playing H.264/.MOV files on the computer, as Vista simply WON'T do it. I've tried most the solutions I've been able to find on the Internet, but it just isn't working...

I'm not too fond of Vista thus far. But, I'll survive. I played with MediaCenter last night, and that seems to be worth the price of admission, particularly when I miss all of my good shows when I'm at work. Plus, the DX10-ready setup is making me itchy... Crysis can't come soon enough!

I'll probably take photos when it has a good place to sit... Right now its on my livingroom floor next to my HDTV and the X360. There isn't enough room on my desk right now for two computers...

What? No MPEG 4 Part 10? MOV I couldn't care less, but MPEG 4 is a big deal. That's one reason for my new computer. I'm getting tired of moving everything to my PS3 to view.

You just talked me out of it.

There is supposed to be a fix coming, I assume. A friend of mine phrased it so it was that Apple wasn't talking to Microsoft, and vice versa. So Vista users are caught in the middle not being able to watch the videos...

Oddly enough, streaming video seems to work okay...

6625506A61UC52791X.jpg

Minus the mattress. Ordered 5 minutes ago, and arriving in 3 days time. Bargain priice, but it's flat-packed.

15541_logitech_g25.jpg

Ordered it today and it arrives tomorrow at some point.

Just waiting for the end of the month now when one of these will be arriving at my house

ps3-4.jpg

Spec....

You'll love them both Spec. I just broke out my G25 again a few days ago for some rFactor and I had forgotten how much fun it is.

You'll love them both Spec. I just broke out my G25 again a few days ago for some rFactor and I had forgotten how much fun it is.

Thanks 👍

I already love the G25 from using Daan's at the last lan i went too and its a replacement for my DFP. The PS3 however im hoping will serve me better than the stupid x360 i have which had broken 4 times! Its just been replaced and is for sale on ebay. With a bit of luck it will pay for around 75% towards the cost of a PS3.

Spec....

And my latest purchase (apart from food, that would be Little Caesar's) was also 300 in BD on release day.

51Tj2s3q1OL._AA240_.jpg

The Complete Calvin and Hobbes

Contains all 3,160 comics Bill Watterson published from November 18, 1985, to its final run on December 31, 1995.

The 3 volume set weighs nearly 22 lbs. according to my bathroom scale.

Good leisure reading :)

M

spec
Just waiting for the end of the month now when one of these will be arriving at my house
If i earn enough with my vacation job to buy a new pc AND a ps3, i will be a happy man, but the ps3 can wait. (Maybe i'll even have a real job by the time GT5 is available in Europe, but that depends on how well i study)

Good phone, have one myself, great camera capabilities. Hope you got a micro-stick though if you want to use it for music too...without it you're likely to fit maybe two albums at most on it.
No memory stick yet, but I'll definitely buy one when I need it. They're getting cheaper all the time, so it might be worth the wait.

I swore I read somewhere it takes Pro Duos, but that's definitely not the case. I already have a few, you see.

Back