Show off your latest purchase!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 36,628 comments
19-115-017-03.jpg

t_00066524.jpg

I know, but right now it's completely impossible for me to get one, my finances are going to stretch a bit as I'm getting a new car.
Maybe around X-mas, especially because prices tend to drop around that time.
Even oil prices will drop then, I hope... :rolleyes:

Hello, my name is Pako and I'm a gearaholic. My latest binge includes a Pioneer 60" Kuro Plasma. This also creates a chain of additional purchases such as additional cables, new furniture for the TV, and a new A/V receiver to upscale all my video signals to 1080p as well as HD DTS ect, audio from Blu-Ray sources.

Hello, my name is Pako and I'm a gearaholic. My latest binge includes a Pioneer 60" Kuro Plasma. This also creates a chain of additional purchases such as additional cables, new furniture for the TV, and a new A/V receiver to upscale all my video signals to 1080p as well as HD DTS ect, audio from Blu-Ray sources.

You couldn't find anything smaller? :D

...and more expensive?... :eek:

Looks awesome, I bet the picture is just dazzling. You went with plasma due to screen size?

If you want you can go ahead and send/sell me whatever you had before. ;)

My brother actually called dibs on the Sony. :D

You couldn't find anything smaller? :D

...and more expensive?... :eek:

Looks awesome, I bet the picture is just dazzling. You went with plasma due to screen size?

My previous set was a 60" and I couldn't go smaller in size... The picture is jaw dropping, hence my decision to pay the extra and go Plasma. The Pioneer had by far the best picture I saw anywhere. The Elite version of the TV produced just as good of a picture as I could tell, but added additional calibration options in the menu as well as some network media stuff that I don't need. The Kuro has almost the same calibration options in the service menu should I need to professionally calibrate it.

Get the ____ out....that thing is HOT!

Bravo...BRA-VO.

For the price I paid, one would think..... :)

TB
You, my friend, do not waste any time making a decision. :)👍

Once something gets in my head, I obsess until I can take care of it. OCD can be a great motivator. Also, Pioneer is phasing out this particular model with multiple store showing it on back order with no delivery time specified. With the new plasma's on their way, I'm being told they just won't be available. The one I found was a customer return who after using it for the weekend decided to upgrade to the Elite version. His restocking fee equates to my $2,000 discount from suggested retail while still getting full warranty as if it were new. I couldn't pass it up.

As far as burn in is concerned, I never had problems with my CRT's although I have seen it many times on other people's monitors from back in the day. My habits aren't any different from before and end user reviews of gamers using this set have experienced no burn in so that's comforting. There have been some IR reported during the early life of the set, but that goes away in minutes...not a huge concern. I'm nervous but very pumped at the same time. I can't wait to start building my 1080P collection to really take advantage of the extra clarity and resolution.

Expect a full review upon it's arrival.

:cheers:

AKG K240 Sextetts. Anybody with knowledge of AKG's will know the significance of the sextetts

A pic of K240S' are the closest thing i could find

imagek45bf7a1704be2ra3.jpg

AKG K240 Sextetts. Anybody with knowledge of AKG's will know the significance of the sextetts

A pic of K240S' are the closest thing i could find

imagek45bf7a1704be2ra3.jpg

Very nice! I've been using a pair of K240DF's in the studio for a few years now. Not as sensitive as the Sony's but they don't color the sound and are nice and flat sonically. Nice purchase!

👍

Latest Posts

Back