Show off your latest purchase!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 36,628 comments
Good lord imageshack is being a dog!

Clicky for biggie.

10 megapixels of GT glory.

PATD-C-8x10x300.jpg

FTW!

Its shaping up to be a good concert season so far... I've got Jimmy Eat World/Paramore in just a few days, this, and then all of the other goodies that will be dropping by as the weather warms up. Including Morris Day and the Time. The greatest M'er F'ing band in the world!

harddrives1tbwd6.jpg

I am now the proud owner of a terabyte of storage :D

On black Friday my friend and I both purchased western digital 500gb hard drives for a total of $100 ($107 with tax). Well I wont get into too much detail but my friend got a guilty conscience and decided to delete everything on his external. Being a tad nervous myself, especially since another friend of mine has recently had a western digital die on him, I decided I wanted to buy it. I was expecting at most an $80 asking price from my friend, but when I got the e-mail back, $60 and it was mine.

So In the end, I have a terabyte of storage for a grand total of $167 :lol:

But it gets even better. While my friend was going through his email we saw a deal the we couldn't believe. A 500gb internal for $29.99 :eek:. Apparently CompUSA was just bought out, and is having a reopening with amazingly low prices. So my friend and I are going to go there Thursday night (It opens friday at 7:00am) and camp out.

Today was a very good day :D

harddrives1tbwd6.jpg

I am now the proud owner of a terabyte of storage :D

On black Friday my friend and I both purchased western digital 500gb hard drives for a total of $100 ($107 with tax). Well I wont get into too much detail but my friend got a guilty conscience and decided to delete everything on his external. Being a tad nervous myself, especially since another friend of mine has recently had a western digital die on him, I decided I wanted to buy it. I was expecting at most an $80 asking price from my friend, but when I got the e-mail back, $60 and it was mine.

So In the end, I have a terabyte of storage for a grand total of $167 :lol:

But it gets even better. While my friend was going through his email we saw a deal the we couldn't believe. A 500gb internal for $29.99 :eek:. Apparently CompUSA was just bought out, and is having a reopening with amazingly low prices. So my friend and I are going to go there Thursday night (It opens friday at 7:00am) and camp out.

Today was a very good day :D

Very nice! As far as I know, MOST of the Copmusa's closed on march 15, for good. I worked at one till it closed, prices were not that good for a store closing sale.

Very nice! As far as I know, MOST of the Copmusa's closed on march 15, for good. I worked at one till it closed, prices were not that good for a store closing sale.

This is the email that my friend got:

"TigerDirect's parent company, Systemax, Inc. recently purchased CompUSA.com and select CompUSA stores. I thought you’d like to know that we’re doing Grand Re-Opening events at the CompUSA stores in your area starting Friday at 7am. CompUSA now has new lower prices, a new wider selection of components and upgrades, and deals that you have only ever seen from TigerDirect. Come check us out at one of the 2 convenient locations near you..."

and below it showed what is on sale and such.

370 at the wheels? That's pretty awesome...Whats been done to it? Mechanically that is.

Its got 4 into 1 Pacemaker headers, High flow cats twin 2.5 inch straight through exhaust with two 2.25 inch rear mufflers with quad tips.
Herrod Motorsport Helix Spacer.
80mm Throttle body.
K&N Panel Filter with Typhoon snorkel and SS inductions Big Mouth Intake.
Bigger cams from the Boss 290 motor.
25% Underdrive Pulley (Harmonic Balancer) works pretty much the same as a lightened flywheel.
Capa flash tune box.
Custom tune which is quite mild since its an everyday car I want to keep it reasonable.

I just purchased tickets to see Dethklok in Minneapolis June 14th! :D

Sweet.

buickgnx88
HEY GUYS I JUST GOT BACK FROM THE DETHKLOK CONCERT AND NOW I CANT HEAR ANYMORE SO I HAD TO BUY A HEARING AID

Scientists have now found out loud music makes your ears numb, switch to Lawrence Welk or else..... POP! goes your ear drums.

I just purchased tickets to see Dethklok in Minneapolis June 14th! :D

Freaking Awesome!

Closest they're coming to GR is in Chicago, and while I really, really, really want to go... I've gotta save money for Lalapalooza and Warped too. Can't go driving all over the place.

I'd love to hear Mermaider in person. Would be BRUTAL.

In my frustration in not being able to afford a PS3, I went and um... spent even more money. It's logical, I tell you!

Anywho, I (stupidly) decided to pay £29.99 and download Test Drive Unlimited. Stupidly, because I underestimated how slow my internet connection was.

But hey ho, it's here now and I love it :). I'm now trying to stop myself from buying the £10 car pack they finally got around to releasing.

Oh, and my 2nd purchase is this:

WRT54G2.jpg

Now now, don't laugh! I wanted some way of extending our wireless network, and short of paying £60 for a belkin extender there wasn't much I could do. But, in PCWorld yesterday searching for a cheap rj45 cable in the bargain section (which I went there to buy) I spotted this for the ridiculously low price of £18! So, I've installed DD-WRT and it works like a charm as a repeater. It's bloody ugly though...

Awesome, UnoMOTO. 👍

But my copy is still mint... :sly:

*dammit*

Beerz, I think the Sony Technicians working on your PS3 have seen that you have bought that amazing steering wheel/cockpit set up and know that you own Prologue and are now just winding you up! :sly:

Beerz, I think the Sony Technicians working on your PS3 have seen that you have bought that amazing steering wheel/cockpit set up and know that you own Prologue and are now just winding you up! :sly:
I'll wind them up myself if I don't have it in my house in one week (it's been over a month now since I became "half the man I used to be").

I cry for you :(
...and I embrace your salty tears with brotherly love. :)👍

TB
So is my Integra I bought last night. A problem I intend on remedying tonight. :P
That's awesome, man!!! :cheers:

*lucky bastard*

:lol:

I may have slightly bought a colour laser printer...

416873.jpg

...and it may be slightly not Mac compatible. And by slightly, I mean that photos don't come out brilliantly colour wise. But it's OK, I bought it for printing stuff like web pages really, which it excels in. Although a full set of replacement toners costs more than the printer its self :dopey:

Back